Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » M.Def Set
M.Def Set
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-01-14 06:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you can get some ppl to help you get 2x dark rings from Highlands gold chests. they can have up to -6% magic damage taken, along with physical damage and breathe damage taken
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-14 07:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said:

I can't really think of any situations where you'd want to fulltime the MDB katana/lose your TP to take less damage from a spell.

Try fighting Empousa D:. I noticed a HUGE decrease in damage with shell + Mdef/MDB setup lol. Went from 1k dmg to 600 dmg a WS, and since it spams during flight mode... That's honestly the reason I'm going for a mdef setup lol. That being said I wouldn't get a MDB or two just for that one fight >.> lol
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-14 07:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Solara said:
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! 25% MDT, enough to cap with Shell V. Can also replace one of the 2% pieces with a MDT augmented MKD hat if your second augment isn't tied up elsewhere (for instance, mine is waltz recast/MDT), or use it in tandem with the entire set if you're rocking Shadow Ring like the OP. For the remaining sets, I usually just keep my TP or eva gear on but if you want to reduce damage further I'd save some inventory space and throw on gear with INT rather than MDB since they double as nuking gear.

Also, isnt that 23% MDT? Unless lights day is 23+2% instead of the 23+1% I was thinking it was.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-14 07:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped Shellra V (27%) and it's MDT capped but otherwise yeah that is not capped. If you get Dark Rings instead you'll be capped though. Straight Shell V is 24% so in that case you need 26% on gear.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-14 07:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeaaah. Especially when it comes to Empousa, he only spams spells when in flight mode, and to hell with running in range to shellra V while its spamming 800~ dmg. Just spammed Shell V after initial Shellra V got dispelled @_@;;
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-18 22:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What about magic defense bonus gear as opposed to MDT? I heard the MDB can be uncapped anyone care to comment?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-18 23:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

MDT is better until capped.

And yeah, I miscounted. That set is 23%, mine also has the MKD hat so I'm at 25%.