users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Master Caster's Bracelets
Master Caster's Bracelets
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-27 15:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to hear from RDM's and BLM's hellbent on having a pro enfeeble build on this with respect to two questions.

1) Is this item active in the "Lumoria" areas?

2) Performance-wise is it worth buying?
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-27 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they are worth it.

I personally don't have them but i have seen them in action.
I had a RDM friend land silence on Kirin 3 times in a row preventing him from summoning. It was funny watching him mess with Kirin lol.

If they work in the sea areas or not idk >.<
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-02-27 16:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've heard before, the Master Caster's Bracelets do work in Lumoria areas. You do need to have Signet active for the effect to work. As they do not activate in ToAU or WotG areas and with my already 60+/70 inventory, these are Inventory -1 in my opinion.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-02-27 16:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
As they do not activate in ToAU or WotG areas and with my already 60+/70 inventory, these are Inventory -1 in my opinion.

The majority of NMs you would need/want to use these on are not in ToAU or WotG areas so I don't think that decreases their value at all.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-02-27 16:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah found it,

In areas outside own nation's control
Wiki said:
In order to obtain the benefits, you must have either Signet, Sanction, or Sigil active. Furthermore, these benefits will always be active in Lumoria (Sea), Dynamis, Limbus, and Promyvion, as long as Signet/Sanction/Sigil is active. These benefits will never be active in Aht Urhgan or Wings of the Goddess areas.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-02-27 16:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
The majority of NMs you would need/want to use these on are not in ToAU or WotG areas so I don't think that decreases their value at all.

I never said they were worthless. I was saying with my already full inventory I don't think I want another slot taken.
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-02-27 16:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

These are nice to reach the enf. cap for those without the best gears. They are ALWAYS active in sea areas. For someone doing Limbus every 3 days you should have these no matter what.

You can swap out the AF body and put these in and use the Errant to increase the potency.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-27 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I typically carry 68/70 on my BLM and I'm looking for a pair of these (after being royally screwed over on them by a technicality >.> stupid not being able to buy from sandy ._.)

I've watched BLM land enfeeb after enfeeb on mobs in almost any Conquest area with these, well worth it if you have even 1 slot left at the end of it.. Better being able to land Bind than dying and losing exp for the sake of an extra drop, right?

Then again, I prefer being able to see:

Hitetsu casts Bind.
The lolmob is bound.
Hitetsu casts Blizzard IV.
The lolmob takes 622 points of damage.

Over:

Hitetsu casts Bind.
The lolmob resists the spell.
Lolmob hits Hitetsu for 200.
Hitetsu eats dirt.

But meh, at the end of the day it's all down to opinion and whether you'll be able to make full use out of it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oracle's Gloves

Two less Enfeebling, active everywhere, probably easier to get than the Bracelets if you're not from Windurst. This is for the Black Mage side only, Red Mage can't equip them.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-27 17:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at those for a while, remember thinking how sexy they'd be >.> Then I realised I was too lazy to get the ZNM pop items. XD
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
I was looking at those for a while, remember thinking how sexy they'd be >.> Then I realised I was too lazy to get the ZNM pop items. XD

It's not too bad really. Six thousand zeni is all it cost me and I got Avocat Pigaches from Iriz Ima along the way for another +3 Enfeebling, that on RDM also.
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2009-02-27 17:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

worth getting i want to get a pair myself specially if you are always RDM in those areas, free +7 enfeebling cant beat any extra enfeebling on gear, also what would u spend 40k CPoints on lol, not much else thats good to get~
 Asura.Moonglow
user: Moonglow
By Asura.Moonglow 2009-02-27 18:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a pair of these... wouldnt head to sea/limbus with out them... probally the best spent conquest points I have ever spent... works great on my BLM more then my RDM (dont get many resists), but if you dont have HQ staves and torques then it is a must for RDM as well.