Abyssea Nin seeks advice
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-01-13 18:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Blade: Jin:- Spiral Ring can be changed if you wanna add another inventory spot, but I think it's good enough lol.
- Moonshade Earring: Accuracy+4/TP bonus+25
Wouldn't Epona's Ring be best choice for weaponskill to?
By richwood 2011-01-13 19:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree, as additional hit also provide chance for crit upon those hits.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-13 19:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
since you aren't using af body, wouldn't it be a little bit better to swap af3 hands to aurore or something to cap haste? i dont think a 1-2% chance to attack one more time on your offhand is better than 26% haste. although the tp set is pretty with the blue boxes and what not.

its worth mentioning that ninja can hit delay cap with only 25% haste in gear

delay cap, which caps at 80% of your total delay. via gear/ja/magic haste and dual wield traits/gear.

w/ haste samba ninja can hit delay cap w/ just af3+2 head and suppa + traits for dualwield and 25% haste. (im on break from work atm so not gonna dig for maths/info to back this statement up, you can however learn more about the delay- cap and come up with your own gearset for what works for you.)

and for anyone who says they will never have a dnc in their party
/dnc works just fine on ninja.
berserk isn't needed if you full-time stalwarts tonic from blue chests (5min potion).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 19:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
w/ haste samba ninja can hit delay cap w/ just af3+2 head and suppa + traits for dualwield and 25% haste
25% gear haste, 10% haste samba, 45% DW

(1-0.45)*(1-0.35)=0.3575, or 64.25% delay reduction. You're not capped with this, unless you forgot to mention an additional buff or two.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-01-13 19:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Moonshade Earring: Accuracy+4/TP bonus+25

More TP only give more critical hit rate, not worth when you can cap it i think.

Does the: Occ. grants dmg. bonus based on TP +5% work on WS?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-13 23:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
w/ haste samba ninja can hit delay cap w/ just af3+2 head and suppa + traits for dualwield and 25% haste

(1-0.45)*(1-0.35)=0.3575, or 64.25% delay reduction. You're not capped with this, unless you forgot to mention an additional buff or two.

yea sorry i didn't get to proof read that post. I meant with standard buffs; marches/haste.
the point was that nin does not have to hit 26% haste in gear to still hit the delay- cap, sorry i wasn't clear on the buffs part :x
also /dnc haste samba is only 5% sadly :(

nin can hit the delay- w/o /dnc haste samba if they have 90relic brd friend tho :O (need af3+2 brd hands as well iirc).
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2011-01-13 23:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:

Would be 5% from Haste Samba.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-14 00:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:

yea sorry i didn't get to proof read that post. I meant with standard buffs; marches/haste.
the point was that nin does not have to hit 26% haste in gear to still hit the delay- cap, sorry i wasn't clear on the buffs part :x
also /dnc haste samba is only 5% sadly :(

nin can hit the delay- w/o /dnc haste samba if they have 90relic brd friend tho :O (need af3+2 brd hands as well iirc).
Was assuming you meant DNC main samba since you didn't specify~ thanks for clarifying.
By richwood 2011-01-14 01:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is main Haste/DW Gear Set for now...Yes I know I don't have coolio ring yet, lol (*^.^*)

Haste:
Iga Zukin+2=(5.95)
Tiercel Necklace=(1.07)
Twilight Belt=(6.93)
Iga Hakama +2=(6.93)
Iga Kyahan +2=(3.91)

TOTAL: (24.79 Percent Haste) +5% if Nin/Dnc (Haste Samba)

Dual Wield:
Iga Mimikazari=(1%)
Suppanomimi=(5%)
Iga Zukin +2=(5%)
Job Trait=(35%)

TOTAL: (46% Dual Wield)

Total Delay Reduction = (1-(1-Total Haste%)*(1-Total DW%))

(1-(1-.2979)*(1-.46));

(1-(0.7021)*(0.54);

(1-0.379134)= 0.620866 } 62.1% Since always rounded down

If You where to use Ninja Chainmail(+1) + Cheap Aurore Gloves to truly cap haste, allowing you to wear another neck piece if you would like. replace Mimi with your Brutal. (I have a hunch although I can not verify cap DW caps at 50% DR, no clue though really)

You would be @ 65% Total delay Reduction. As for solo play/Buffs this is as high as you can get.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-01-14 06:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
This is main Haste/DW Gear Set for now...Yes I know I don't have coolio ring yet, lol (*^.^*)

Haste:
Iga Zukin+2=(5.95)
Tiercel Necklace=(1.07)
Twilight Belt=(6.93)
Iga Hakama +2=(6.93)
Iga Kyahan +2=(3.91)

TOTAL: (24.79 Percent Haste) +5% if Nin/Dnc (Haste Samba)

Dual Wield:
Iga Mimikazari=(1%)
Suppanomimi=(5%)
Iga Zukin +2=(5%)
Job Trait=(35%)

TOTAL: (46% Dual Wield)

Total Delay Reduction = (1-(1-Total Haste%)*(1-Total DW%))

(1-(1-.2979)*(1-.46));

(1-(0.7021)*(0.54);

(1-0.379134)= 0.620866 } 62.1% Since always rounded down

If You where to use Ninja Chainmail(+1) + Cheap Aurore Gloves to truly cap haste, allowing you to wear another neck piece if you would like. replace Mimi with your Brutal. (I have a hunch although I can not verify cap DW caps at 50% DR, no clue though really)

You would be @ 65% Total delay Reduction. As for solo play/Buffs this is as high as you can get.

drop that JSE earring and keep Brutals. the 5% double attack will easily beat out the 1% delay reduction.
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-01-14 07:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you post your gear set ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-01-14 07:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Nequito said:
Click your side menu and "Item sets" to make one and [itemset] 109547 [ /itemset]

Thanks back to duty :(
By richwood 2011-01-14 07:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nequito said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Nequito said:
Click your side menu and "Item sets" to make one and [itemset] 109547 [ /itemset]

Thanks back to duty :(

Thanks for serving our country Bro.
 Titan.Wubby
Server: Titan
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-14 08:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
TP: Brutal Earring over Iga per information here. TP in Atheling unless pDIF capped or hitrate uncapped. WS: Centaurus Earring is dirt cheap, Aesir, Merman's... Merman's should be in your inventory anyway for MDT. Aias Bonnet would be an improvement for your head slot. AF+1 hands are best in slot for Jin unless you need acc, in which case keep using AF3+1 and working on +2. Looking pretty hot for a fresh NIN, nice work.
Thanks for the advice. I remember when the Mimikazari was discovered and people thought it was 5% then 3% and now 1%? It keeps getting worse and worse.

The only other melee job I have is SAM so I tend to not look at +attack gear for WS. I do have Aesir and Merman's, but Centaurus is damn cheap so I'll pick one of those up. As far as the Tekko +1, I don't have any plans for doing Limbus anytime soon so I'd prefer any other alternatives. Would Bandomusha Kote be better than Iga +1(+2) when pDIF is uncapped? Also, how do you know when your pDIF is uncapped? Is there some general rule like generally uncapped on mobs of a certain level? For example, I know Berserk really ups my Jin damage on certain mobs, so I assume pDIF is uncapped in that situation.

Leviathan.Kincard said:
Wubby said:
I just Abyssea burned my NIN and had a bunch of the best gear possible for it just lying around ready to go.
Oh, gotta love XI now, har har.
I'm pretty sure you're joking, but I actually farmed most of the gear with some good friends in the few weeks after I levelled NIN. My freshly levelled NIN had a lot of hand-me-downs from SAM, so it was pretty awful.

I started stockpiling freelot Iga seals before I was planning to level NIN, so that helped a lot since I honestly think getting the +1 is a larger time sink than the +2 since luck plays a bigger factor even with proc'ing grellow. I'm really happy with the progression I made in a few weeks and am grateful to my abyssea group who helped me. I'm finding NIN to be a really fun job, especially inside Abyssea compared to SAM.

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
for tp set looks pretty solid, go for eponas ring if you can since its pretty much the best tp ring for most jobs that can use it.
Thanks, but I don't see myself getting a ring anytime soon. :(

Random Question but does Iga Ningi +2 always beat Ninja Chainmail (+1)? As good as the stats are, I always saw it as a WS piece.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-15 14:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Wubby said:

Random Question but does Iga Ningi +2 always beat Ninja Chainmail (+1)? As good as the stats are, I always saw it as a WS piece.

if your are hitting delay- or close to it than af3+2 body or loki's body will beat it.

basically just macro it in for tp if your getting marches/haste.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-15 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Wubby said:
As far as the Tekko +1, I don't have any plans for doing Limbus anytime soon so I'd prefer any other alternatives. Would Bandomusha Kote be better than Iga +1(+2) when pDIF is uncapped? Also, how do you know when your pDIF is uncapped? Is there some general rule like generally uncapped on mobs of a certain level? For example, I know Berserk really ups my Jin damage on certain mobs, so I assume pDIF is uncapped in that situation.
Bandos are ever so slightly better with Berserk down if you don't need accuracy. With the inherent variability of pDIF equations and throwing a crit WS into the mix it's not really easy to tell when you're capping pDIF on WS. As a general rule you can probably assume you're capping on EXP mobs with Berserk up and meat, especially if they're being debuffed. NMs often don't have significantly higher defense, so you could compare those numbers and bear in mind whether or not the NM has any sort of -PDT as a decent guess.

As mentioned, AF body beats AF3+2 for TP unless you're capping delay reduction (or if you need acc).