Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Vs Brooder
RDM Vs Brooder
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-08 08:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can RDM solo Brooder? I know its maybe possible with dot/kite but I`m talking more straight tanking it with a -pdt build.

Also, which sub would be better, /nin or/blu

Just curious really, always up for a challenge and dot/kite gets old after awhile.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-01-08 08:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe if you are 75? but at 90 just rip it apart, the mob is a joke. Id say /nin if u don't wanna kite just to block his tp combos and his enplague effect, and chain nuke it out? can melee it too if that tickles your fancy.
 Asura.Taichui
user: Taichui
By Asura.Taichui 2011-01-08 09:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

pull to VC2 to one of the walls /nin shadows up and drop nukes on it any mage job even rng can solo want /nin cause he enplague is a pain in the ***. T3 can also be killed the same way.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-08 09:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can Pin brooder on the hill right next to conflux 3
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-08 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input guys, going to go have a try.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2011-01-08 09:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not need to pin this, just /nin and straight tank/enfeeb/DoT/Nuke. Also it's not really a "challenge". Get a mnk to help you, pop it at 22-7 in game proc blue !! and hope for boots(guessing this is what your after), could also find a thf to help for TH. After killing that thing so many times with TH4/5 it's not worth it, go for blue !!.

Edit:Just seen you have Thf can solo it on thf also with a half decent eva set.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-08 10:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhh brooder? why was i thinking ruminator, yeah kick it's ***.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-01-08 11:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I wouldn't recommend trying to melee it at all because with either sub you'll be screwed since the plague you receive is like 5tp/tic 5mp/tic or something like that... its kinda nasty. If you do /nin just blink tank (as blink tanking is actually easier than kiting this mob since the kite paths all result in multiple accidental pinning [which is bannable]).
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-08 11:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I often pinned it as RDM/SCH.
Pinning spots
Spots 1 or 2, both worked extremely well.
However, I'd suggest going for blue !!, because, without blue !!, boots are almost non-existant.
Quote:
If you do /nin just blink tank (as blink tanking is actually easier than kiting this mob since the kite paths all result in multiple accidental pinning [which is bannable]).
SE themselves pretty much ok'd pinning, but not stuff like Ironclad Executioner wall-of-justice.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-01-08 15:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I often pinned it as RDM/SCH.
Pinning spots
Spots 1 or 2, both worked extremely well.
However, I'd suggest going for blue !!, because, without blue !!, boots are almost non-existant.
Quote:
If you do /nin just blink tank (as blink tanking is actually easier than kiting this mob since the kite paths all result in multiple accidental pinning [which is bannable]).
SE themselves pretty much ok'd pinning, but not stuff like Ironclad Executioner wall-of-justice.

Could you find a line of text from them that blatantly says pinning is no longer a bannable offense? I don't recall ever reading any statement saying it was literally "ok'd" by SE but easily could have missed it. Until they blatantly state that "pinning is allowed" then its a bannable offense. People will GM you for anything they can possibly think of so I wouldn't go around using pinning as a method unless you are correct about SE releasing a statement,
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 15:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Quote:
SE has actually said both. Hell the same GM has said yes and no within days. Basically whoever complains the most especially if they are jp then it's bannable :).

But really how many people are going to follow you and report you?
 Unicorn.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-08 16:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19874.shtml wrote:

"As of Oct. 14, 2010, we have confirmed the following issue. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue has been resolved.

[Issue details]

- In Abyssea - Vunkerl (I-8), it is possible to abuse aspects of the terrain in order to immobilize certain Notorious Monsters, enabling players to take almost no damage in battle.

*Although the utilization of terrain in battle in itself is not a violation, abusing terrain in the manner described above, in any area, is considered a violation of the user agreement and we ask that you refrain from doing so.

*Updated on Oct. 19, 2010 at 9:25 (PDT) to prohibit terrain abuse in any area.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

This is the closest thing I have ever read as to a statement about pinning. It does not come right out and say pinning, but it does say that using the terrain in battle is not a violation, but using the terrain to make it impossible to get hit is.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-08 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironclad was different because you could literally stand there and it would just swing and never hit you.

Pinning you actually have to move around so it doesnt hit you.
[+]
 Unicorn.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-08 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Ironclad was different because you could literally stand there and it would just swing and never hit you.

Pinning you actually have to move around so it doesn't hit you.

Exactly. So, SE seems okay with certain uses of terrain to gain advantage in battle (pinning?) and not okay with using terrain to stand above/below an enemy so that his actual attacks cannot hit you. With pinning, there is most assuredly still the possibility of death, whereas I could stand there forever with Ironclad on the cliff and never die.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-08 20:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The most GMs can do when you get reported for pinning is to tell you to kill it, but then again, there's one one mob that is pinning-worthy: Ironclad Executioner.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-01-10 00:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i got serpentes cuffs recently so decided to start hunting brooder. i passed the last few days on blu so i went to hunt blu/dnc to deal massive dmg in a few sec. was just expecting to do T1 but it converted after ~3 attempt. since we dont lose abyssite it was worth a shot to straight tank brooder.

en-plague probly the worst thing from him but still manage to build sum tp, is acc aint that great (/dnc get evasion bonus) so only have to worry about is moves. everything went smooth till half way tru fight when head butt stun was getting resisted which at that point i was saving it for occulation casting (have forgot to set lots of spell like para slow n flash). as brooder was gettin closer to dead i got distracted n took 2 tp moves back to back that drop me to 200hp. B prepared to use sum sort of mp drink if u solo(used lucid ether 1 as taru) beside that its pretty fun fight.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-10 01:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
i got serpentes cuffs recently so decided to start hunting brooder. i passed the last few days on blu so i went to hunt blu/dnc to deal massive dmg in a few sec. was just expecting to do T1 but it converted after ~3 attempt. since we dont lose abyssite it was worth a shot to straight tank brooder.

en-plague probly the worst thing from him but still manage to build sum tp, is acc aint that great (/dnc get evasion bonus) so only have to worry about is moves. everything went smooth till half way tru fight when head butt stun was getting resisted which at that point i was saving it for occulation casting (have forgot to set lots of spell like para slow n flash). as brooder was gettin closer to dead i got distracted n took 2 tp moves back to back that drop me to 200hp. B prepared to use sum sort of mp drink if u solo(used lucid ether 1 as taru) beside that its pretty fun fight.
Or just /nin. :|
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 01:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And you should have flash set always...
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-01-10 01:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:

Or just /nin. :|
/dnc get evasion bonus 2 when /nin get dual wield 3 n lol subtle blow. occulation have pretty good proc n recast is 75sec which make it really good since brooder have no AoE so with usual solo spell set that guy is a joke
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-01-10 01:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
XD ya i know, i had still sum trigger spell set lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-10 01:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Less oldton movapolis and more abyssea! D: We lacked a BLU today when we were in attohwa lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 09:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Less oldton movapolis and more abyssea! D: We lacked a BLU today when we were in attohwa lol
Well maybe if you guys didn't break chuuu's pearl I would've known