THE TP gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-05 13:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a few tips on my THF's TP gear at 90. It's doubtful I'll ever get Shinryu access in the near future (mix between my PUG's being fail, my friends being busy and me working every other available hour /joy), so I'm discounting a few things like Twilight Belt as an "upgrade" for now.

Atm I'm only 77, so I still have a way to go before I'll use all this, time permitting though I'll have 90 by the end of the week~

Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Ahaha, I just noticed I typo'd THF in the title.. >_> I totally blame my keyboard and not my inability to type!
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 05:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

currently what i have~ before heroes i was using mirke body with dual wield and crit hit rate. with +2 head/legs (both really easy to get)
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-06 05:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use Agasaya's Collar/Tiercel Necklace (for Subtle Blow) or an Almah Torque if Accuracy is capped. Very sexy THF though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 06:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have ballarines, why do i need them?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-06 06:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

To really cap haste.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 06:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

body has 5% not 4
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-06 06:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

XD It's the "smart groups" I'm having the most trouble with!

I really neglected my THF char when Abyssea first came out (though 200+ stones sitting chilling there is sexy), so I'm still missing a lot of basic things (hell, I don't even have Atma yet ><). Only really been using it for the past couple of days and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

The DEX Kila I don't have too many issues with because when I'm doing my ToTM junk I carry this char along too on WHM to Cure/Haste/-na myself XD

As far as Mirke body goes, I was planning on making both that and the AMK head piece into Utsu casting pieces (FC+5/Eva+10 and FC+5/whatever junk comes with it).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-06 06:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
body has 5% not 4

My mistake then.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-06 06:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A few quick suggestions for you Hitetsu:

Ecphoria is a great ring for your TP set to go with rajas, you shouldn't need a 7+ acc ring to cap, so the store tp+1 is great.

If you can't get atheling, go for a Forager's mantle or Belenos'(sp?) mantle.

The auric dagger is nice for subtle blow, but for tp you'd be better of with a store tp+ fusetto or optimally, triplus dagger. Triplus is fairly easy to get.

Upgrade the chiv chain to agasaya's collar. Dropped by T2 vnm in attohwa (you may need to proc blue!!).

Upgrade those +1 af3s to +2. +2 items are extremely easy to get, and in some cases easier than +1s (/sigh 7/10 body seals and 9/9 coins).

My current set:

will be upgraded to hagi's set as soon as I get my last 3 body seals (goddamn shaula only drops rng and whm)
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-06 07:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be better to use Loki's Kaftan over Raider's Body+2, and swap out the Raider's Gloves+2 for something providing haste (ideally Dusk Gloves+1)?

Something like this:

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-01-06 07:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, AF3 body is just Raparree with some accuracy in form of skill/DEX. Capping Haste elsewhere and using Loki's body would be superior. Also the increase from "25" haste to hard capped 25 is pretty insignificant vs other stats.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-06 07:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely forgot about Ecphoria XD

Was considering Foragers, just wasn't 100% sure what was better (aside from Aethling).

I picked Auric Dagger for the Dual Wield (this was actually the main reason I had Chiv Chain tagged in XD the extra Dual Wield dropped me from 20 hits to 21) while I was in PT (Subtle blow for NM hunting) and was considering either the STP or TP+ Fusetto.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-06 08:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yes, AF3 body is just Raparree with some accuracy in form of skill/DEX. Capping Haste elsewhere and using Loki's body would be superior. Also the increase from "25" haste to hard capped 25 is pretty insignificant vs other stats.

This would be true if you ignore the set bonus.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-06 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Triplus dagger is on my "to do" list, but Rapidus Sax has been working great for me too. I don't have ballerinas on my feet. I tp in Homam.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 08:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 proc is why i dont wear loki's to TP, it has been demoted to my WS only piece. That and being able to fulltime the hands almost is really nice~
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2011-01-06 08:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting Shinryu access shouldn't be too bad, i'm usually only online for maybe 7-8 hours total during the week, and i'm at 7 zone bosses done from just seeing shouts in jeuno when i log on. And i've seen people shouting for cats after i join zone boss parties. Shout parties do suck sometimes though, i've gone through 3 glavoids w/o a win because people don't listen >.>
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 08:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thf dnc whm rdm can four man glavoid~
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-06 08:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Glavoid is best to do lowman, the more melee you have on him the more you are going to heal it. It gains stoneskin on top of the damage you heal it with, AND disgorge does damage based on how much you've healed it. I suggest 2 competent melees that know how to turn and are capable of tanking (thf, dnc, mnk, or nin work well), then throw in some mage support to keep them alive.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-06 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

can do tunga without a single disgorge now~
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-01-06 10:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

was it proven that the set bonus is better than dw from mirke?

I currently have 26% haste without the body. Unless the set bonus is that good, i don't see how af hands can beat mirke. Then again, we now have access to 2x triple atma.

Edit: And it just clicked me. All this excess haste, we could just use Atma of the Sea Daughter with much smaller sacrifice too. Don't think set bonus can beat that much regain...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-01-06 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

This would be true if you ignore the set bonus.

The set bonus proc rate would have to have quite a substantial activation increase per piece to warrant using it over a DW/Loki's set up. Same reason you don't TP in raider's feet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-06 11:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible a set like this could produce faster TP (more WS, higher DoT) from the Store TP?

You'd lose 1-1.5% Haste and crit rate+3% from Legs+2 and the DA/TA from Epona's and Atherling mantle.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-01-06 12:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, you will ws more Starr, but probably won't do more damage.

You are sacrificing a lot of good pieces to make stp work. Using -str for dagger is bad (sure one can say at abyssea doesn't do so much harm). By not using epona and af head you are losing 6% triple and 3% double, and that's huge man. The mantle is bad too. Thf is an attack starving job and -35 attack by using that instead of Atheling is really bad.

So yeah you sacrifice too much of you dagger swing dps (which is the higher % of a thf damage) to increase ws damage.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-06 12:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm fair points, I definitely wouldn't consider it OUTSIDE abyssea for sure but I assumed STR and Attack have little bearing inside. I forgot about the head having TA too, guess it fails in comparison to 6% TA and 5% DA tbh, they'd produce as much/more TP but not consistently.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-01-06 12:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Even inside abyssea attack is very important for thf. Simple example: i do use RR and GH a lot, and still see performance increase when i pop a stelwarts.

It's not because we can crit nearly 100% of the time that attack doesn't matter. If you have a pdif of 1.0 normally, crits in this situation would average it to 2.0, but the cap is 3.0. So yeah we need attack to reach the max attainable performance.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-06 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I understand pDIF and crit caps, I've been rolling with RR+GH and Dark Depths (+20% crit rate) over VV though, 24+30+20+20=94% crit rate.
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-06 15:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

or Twilighit + Triple dagger
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-06 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said:
Snipers

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
EDIT: Ahaha, I just noticed I typo'd THF in the title.. >_> I totally blame my keyboard and not my inability to type!
This thread has been bothering me all day :| One little typo and everytime i see the heading im picturing "THE" tp set (one tp set to rule them all!!!)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7