SAM/MNK
First Page 2 3
 Unicorn.Bladerah
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-31 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this job combo be any good for tanking things?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-31 17:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Unicorn.Bladerah
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-31 17:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i see how it is
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 17:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the OP seriously just do this to troll? There have literally been 2 other /mnk threads now in the past week... One of which was a drk/mnk Chaladbolg thread.. and the other was blu/mnk... The hell is going on here? lol

Sam/war is a fine enough tank, as is sam/nin... /mnk isn't gonna add anything to it because if you're tanking you're already spamming Seigan Third Eye, and with AF3+1~2 helm, you get counters without third eye being up, so you're counter rate should be decent enough on any sub...
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-31 17:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there gonna be one of these threads for every job?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 17:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All the other jobs are trying to jump on the MNK bandwagon without being on the most boring job in FFXI, but life don't work out like that.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-12-31 17:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM/dnc.

Yo dawg, We heard you like healing, so we put a healer in your healer, so you can heal while you heal.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 17:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

why /mnk when you can just mnk? Mnk obviously does it better.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 17:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiger.... cuz Sam is awesome yo lol... (I actually love sam, but the /mnk threads are a joke to me)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam is dead yo.

At this point in the game, I'd sooner get on my pup than my sam
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sam is dead yo.

At this point in the game, I'd sooner get on my pup than my sam

Tell that to all the goddamn Perle 5/5 SAM's at Carabosse every time I try to pop that ho.

Seriously though, even though I hate all but 1 of the following jobs, MNK, NIN, WAR, or GTFO DD is pretty much how the game is right now. Of course, next patch some gimp will happen, or some buff will happen, and all the bandwagonfags will move onto their new flavor of the month.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always liked sam, and I do my best, with the means I have, to gear it proper :( and I hate seeing all of the 5/5 pearl at 90 with like sardonyx rings on or some other junk *** ring.. or some sam with like Rajas Ring but headlong belt lol..

I don't necessarily have bullwhip (I've tried...damn thing just won't drop lol) but my build is decent..and I hate that my favorite job gets lumped in with a lot of bandwagon junkies >_<
[+]
 Unicorn.Bladerah
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-31 18:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont lie, I was seriously asking but I know how much of a joke it sounds. Another reason I ask is cuz it might gimme a reason to lvl mnk sub...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're inquiry was genuine, I'm sorry Blade... but ya I basically answered it in my first post.../mnk shouldn't offer much over /war or /nin except the loss of DPS in /war's case
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Bladerah said:
I wont lie, I was seriously asking but I know how much of a joke it sounds. Another reason I ask is cuz it might gimme a reason to lvl mnk sub...

It'd certainly be better than DRK/MNK, I can tell you that much. It actually seems theoretically, and with the right Atmas, quite a potent defensive combo, it's just nowhere near good enough to move Samurai out of the "LolDD" pile with all the other jobs that aren't MNK, NIN or WAR, or PUP, if they get Victory Smite too.
 Unicorn.Bladerah
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-31 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

:/ well good news is im on the cirein-croin part of my masamune. maybe ill parse nicely when im done. lol i should shutup.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I've always liked sam, and I do my best, with the means I have, to gear it proper :( and I hate seeing all of the 5/5 pearl at 90 with like sardonyx rings on or some other junk *** ring.. or some sam with like Rajas Ring but headlong belt lol..

I don't necessarily have bullwhip (I've tried...damn thing just won't drop lol) but my build is decent..and I hate that my favorite job gets lumped in with a lot of bandwagon junkies >_<
Proc blu! Just get a ... dare I say it, monk!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Proc blu! Just get a ... dare I say it, monk!

Hexa Strike
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Tiger and Zic, with SB Atma sam should fair decently with WS dmg..

when I get trip procs at 100TP (I have TP Bonus+100 Keitonotachi+2 atm) without SB atma (do need) I can hit 3k+ WS, which is not much compared to 4k Smites, but still...its not BAD lol

on a side note, the minute I got RR atma my pup's dmg skyrocketed on pummels...***is so boss lol pup is a crazy DD /war these days in aby zones
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just can't take sam seriously anymore, lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well its bad enough sam got shafted on some AF3+2 pieces lol... but just you wait Tiger for 91-99 outside of Aby hehe
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

notworried.png
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Tiger

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk brings abyssea outside of abyssea :D
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so does the Twilight Set.... oh thats right..I went there lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk can use 2 pieces of twilight!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Damn straight, aside from losing +60% Critical Hit rate, +30 Counter and 60~120 Attribute points(Per attribute), it's totally the same outside of Abyssea!

From What I've seen, SAM is still king outside Abyssea, not that that has any merit right now, and we can't say "Well in the future" cause with the New Director, for all we know, all of FFXI will be draped in the ever-sanguine sky of Abyssea, Cruor buffs and Atma 4 life!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-31 18:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Bladerah said:
Before inquiring, you probably should have dug through the SAM section a bit, there's already been a deep discussion of SAM/MNK http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15645/sammnk-tank/

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Damn straight, aside from losing +60% Critical Hit rate, +30 Counter and 60~120 Attribute points(Per attribute), it's totally the same outside of Abyssea!

From What I've seen, SAM is still king outside Abyssea, not that that has any merit right now, and we can't say "Well in the future" cause with the New Director, for all we know, all of FFXI will be draped in the ever-sanguine sky of Abyssea, Cruor buffs and Atma 4 life!
+30 counter?

A) Roaring laughter is only 10
B) Roaring laughter isn't even worth using, so only -10 in comparison to Gnarled horn.
C) I was speaking mainly of razed ruins. Mnk af3+2 body turns impetus into a mini razed ruins, w/ the augment adding +1% crit dmg per punch, being able to reach abyssea status victory smite numbers.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-31 18:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Seriously though, even though I hate all but 1 of the following jobs, MNK, NIN, WAR, or GTFO DD is pretty much how the game is right now. Of course, next patch some gimp will happen, or some buff will happen, and all the bandwagonfags will move onto their new flavor of the month.

You're complaining about "bandwagonfags", yet almost every word out of your mouth is saying this job is dead or that job is worthless.
Here's an idea. The bandwagonfags are your fault Zic. You facilitate it. You and people like you keep saying everything is worthless except for "insert job of the month here" and then have the audacity to be annoyed when it becomes an overpopulated job.

OP to answer your question. Just try it and decide for yourself. You're never gonna get a useful answer on these forums. Its filled with trolls and people who either haven't played the game in years or don't play at all.
[+]
First Page 2 3