Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » wyvern leveling
wyvern leveling
By Artemicion 2010-12-19 00:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need to provide screenshots or a youtube video as testimony, as this seems rather dubious. Though I won't rule out the possibility it is glitch, it just seems rather unlikely based on your inquiries for basic dragoon knowledge. Not trying to be a ***; just sayin~
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-19 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:
stop trolling it only shows you have no life.

Sorry bro, have to say this, but RL cards are void when talking about a MMORPG :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-19 12:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

wow >.> This is pretty.. uhm.. interesting. Ive never had any glitch ... other than when I used spirit link and it never took away my HP... :D As for HB, we would need to see exactly what your doing to be able to see what your doing wrong. Cuz clearly its something
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-12-19 12:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an exceptionally hard time believing the OP is serious.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-19 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
I have an exceptionally hard time believing the OP is serious.
agreed lol. Trolling or bought/burned the account.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-19 13:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When I read this I wanted to smash my head on my desk. The only glitch I know if is when a Wyvern is readying a breath attack or healing breath and you defeat a mob the wyvern won't use it.

This sucks for Restoring Breath lol ._.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-19 13:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
When I read this I wanted to smash my head on my desk. The only glitch I know if is when a Wyvern is readying a breath attack or healing breath and you defeat a mob the wyvern won't use it.

I dont see that as a glitch. Just something we should be used to these days lol. Can be annoying though :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-19 13:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:

What annoys me is the delay before the next possible breath when this happens. Died a couple of times when solo because I've had an add or two and accidentally done this and I can't Healing Breath myself for another good 5s or so.
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-12-19 14:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to be on DRG since the recent update. Its POSSIBLE that this new "Attack" breath and "Heal" breath JA has messed things up a little. Has nothing to do with ur wyvern being a lower lvl than u, as explained here that paramaters thing is just a temp thing they introduced a while ago, while u remain in the same zone and it dont die.

But really, at 75+ and uve NEVER done a HB? Plus, if u has the items, i hope u r macroing ur AF/Relic helms.

But basically, yea any spell, bar spels r good, espech /rdm, as they r self targetting and can be done in or out of a fight. Many DRGs that go /whm use Dia, great cheap spell yea, but if mob needs to be slept its a bit meh. Plus also, if theres no mobs to Dia then u has to do a propper cure. No biggie but still.

If u r serious about not HBing, like uve Astralled and Abyssea'd DRG to 75+, and u seriously dont know this stuff, Wiki IS correct. Like a few others have said, regen can mess it up sometimes, but u should be using ur helms. They r simple enuf quests (for AF) so get em done.

Casting a spell with a PROPPER mage sub (whm blm rdm blu) will spark a HB. Subbing other magic casters (such as nin) will have a lower HP threashold, but again this is all old stuff and a DRG should know all this.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-12-19 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can think of, if you truly have done everything correctly (which given your previous explanation I doubt), is that your wyvern may be asleep when you're trying to trigger the healing breath. To make sure, use spirit link before a healing breath to make sure the wyvern is awake.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Razius
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-12-19 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea thats a good call tbh, happens to me a few times, its para'd or slept and u wont HB.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
Server: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-19 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Razius said:
Yea thats a good call tbh, happens to me a few times, its para'd or slept and u wont HB.

Or if the wyvern is Amnesia'd, because its own Healing Breath is technically a "job ability". Found that out the hard way on Imps back when ToAU was first released.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-19 15:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Razius said:
I have yet to be on DRG since the recent update. Its POSSIBLE that this new "Attack" breath and "Heal" breath JA has messed things up a little. Has nothing to do with ur wyvern being a lower lvl than u, as explained here that paramaters thing is just a temp thing they introduced a while ago, while u remain in the same zone and it dont die.

But really, at 75+ and uve NEVER done a HB? Plus, if u has the items, i hope u r macroing ur AF/Relic helms.

But basically, yea any spell, bar spels r good, espech /rdm, as they r self targetting and can be done in or out of a fight. Many DRGs that go /whm use Dia, great cheap spell yea, but if mob needs to be slept its a bit meh. Plus also, if theres no mobs to Dia then u has to do a propper cure. No biggie but still.

If u r serious about not HBing, like uve Astralled and Abyssea'd DRG to 75+, and u seriously dont know this stuff, Wiki IS correct. Like a few others have said, regen can mess it up sometimes, but u should be using ur helms. They r simple enuf quests (for AF) so get em done.

Casting a spell with a PROPPER mage sub (whm blm rdm blu) will spark a HB. Subbing other magic casters (such as nin) will have a lower HP threashold, but again this is all old stuff and a DRG should know all this.

The lack of proper spelling and grammatical structure in this post made my head explode in rage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Razius
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-12-19 16:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolz. Not even my thread.
[+]