Impact And OA+ Empy Feet + 100 Tp?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Impact and OA+ empy feet + 100 tp?
Impact and OA+ empy feet + 100 tp?
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Rydstrom
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rydstrom
By Lakshmi.Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has renewed my interest in drk again + the new Scythe jeez.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:

What makes you think DRK gets Impact? It's MP cost is 666, I think only Tarus Dark Knights are even on the cusp of that, what's more, is the casting time is 48 seconds. It seems like this is the "Freeze" of a new set of Ancient (Armageddon?) Magics, likely followed by Comet and Meteor in later updates.
By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the cloak grants access and drk is a job on it
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Rydstrom said:
the cloak grants access and drk is a job on it

I didn't see that it was on an item, I was wondering why it didn't make the SE spell list.

Interesting indeed, but I still have reservations about it's usefulness based on the casting time alone. That's before taking a guess at how difficult Twighlight gear will be, and the stigma that will be attached to being a DRK wearing something that bears the namesake of homosexual, emo vampire fetishist Mormon scrawlings.
[+]
 Cerberus.Urteil
Server: Cerberus
user: Urteil89
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-06 13:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have well over 800mp DRK/NIN.

This is amazing news.
 Lakshmi.Rydstrom
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rydstrom
By Lakshmi.Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight Cloak Rare Exclusive
Body
Cannot Equip Headgear DEF:51
MP+75 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15
Enmity-15 Able to cast "Impact"
Lv90 WHM BLM RDM DRK SMN SCH
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Urteil said:
I have well over 800mp DRK/NIN.

This is amazing news.

I think I just breach 500. That's with full merits.

What's more interesting is that Summoner can use it. Summoner/Red Mage has virtually an unlimited supply of MP, and Impact may just benefit Summoner the most, something to do between BP windows.

That's assuming a magic skill doesn't come into play.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Urteil 2010-12-06 13:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How?

Are you galka?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said:
How?

Are you galka?

Elvaan. I actually haven't played in nearly a month, maybe I gained more and wasn't paying attention. I'm fairly sure it was on the south side of 550 though.
By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

this is easily a great spell anyone who disagrees that it instantly makes Occult acumen viable needs a very serious dr.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-06 13:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:
What makes you think DRK gets Impact? It's MP cost is 666, I think only Tarus Dark Knights are even on the cusp of that, what's more, is the casting time is 48 seconds. It seems like this is the "Freeze" of a new set of Ancient (Armageddon?) Magics, likely followed by Comet and Meteor in later updates.

Casting time is 12 seconds.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Rydstrom said:
this is easily a great spell anyone who disagrees that it instantly makes Occult acumen viable needs a very serious dr.

It will grant 66.6 tp before Store TP is taken into consideration, with a 48 second casting time before Fast Cast type effects are calculated, I think you have a punishing lack of understanding for FFXI's mechanics.

The cooldown and casting is far too great to make this spell help Occult acumen, it is also currently unknown how potent the spell is, though for 666mp, you can probably assume it'll knock the *** off a fat man with a box of cheeze-its.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:

Uh, I'm just reading off the .dat mine, it says Recast 48 did I forget something? 48 =/= seconds in this case?
By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Rydstrom said:

It will grant 66.6 tp before Store TP is taken into consideration, with a 48 second casting time before Fast Cast type effects are calculated, I think you have a punishing lack of understanding for FFXI's mechanics.

The cooldown and casting is far too great to make this spell help Occult acumen, it is also currently unknown how potent the spell is, though for 666mp, you can probably assume it'll knock the *** off a fat man with a box of cheeze-its.

so let me get you here. im drk/sam i cast this at the start. then i meditate once. tp 126. i can instantly generate tp.. how is this not the best DD spell drk can use? now lets bring in the mob enfeebles. now the dmg? ok the defense rests
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rydstrom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Rydstrom said:

so let me get you hear. im drk/sam i cast this at the start. then i meditate once. tp 126. i can instantly generate tp.. how is this not the best DD spell drk can use? now lets bring in the mob enfeebles. now the dmg? ok the defense rests

"Best DD spell DRK can use" is sort of a bad way to put it, considering the spell that generated the most damage prior was Bio II (Over the course of it's DoT), anyway, I'm still trying to clarify the casting time, someone said it was 12 seconds, I don't see any proof, but I won't commit to something I know nothing about.

The usefulness of the spell (Not the independent potency) hinges on the casting time.
 Cerberus.Urteil
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-06 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you a use.

I'm going to point at people, and *** make them explode.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-06 13:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:
Uh, I'm just reading off the .dat mine, it says Recast 48 did I forget something? 48 =/= seconds in this case?

All those casting and recast timers are 1/4th of what they're listed as.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Urteil 2010-12-06 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:

I love you.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Urteil said:
I'll give you a use.

I'm going to point at people, and *** make them explode.

Justification enough, I say. My argumentative nature masks my enthusiasm for the sheer lulz of a spell that costs 666MP and DRK can cast. I am going to sit back at Jailer of Love-Absolute Virtue events and Just Impact the ***out of the Charmed Samurai(s). They need to all be knocked down a peg, though the Empyrean Hands/Body for SAM did that pretty well already...

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Rydstrom said:

Thanks, I didn't know that. I was only analyzing the data given.
By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 13:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Rydstrom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Rydstrom said:

so let me get you hear. im drk/sam i cast this at the start. then i meditate once. tp 126. i can instantly generate tp.. how is this not the best DD spell drk can use? now lets bring in the mob enfeebles. now the dmg? ok the defense rests

"Best DD spell DRK can use" is sort of a bad way to put it, considering the spell that generated the most damage prior was Bio II (Over the course of it's DoT), anyway, I'm still trying to clarify the casting time, someone said it was 12 seconds, I don't see any proof, but I won't commit to something I know nothing about.

The usefulness of the spell (Not the independent potency) hinges on the casting time.

you my friend see drk as pure DD you will cry if your not swinging. i do not view drk this way. drk in my eyes is a hybrid war/blm and this spell is the unquestioned validation of that. ps drk will get the most use out of this spell how you might ask? Nether Void
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-06 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ya sam got hosed on AF3+2 hands unless enhance sekkanoki is ballin...and even then... ugh.. but i'd use them over heafoc evn though i'm losing 3 STR its still a massive upgrade in acc for not a lot of str loss...and again that enhancement on sekka might be well worth it..

but has nobody mentioned that sch can use this? and anybody that plays /sch can just parsimony this sucker... or take 60 mp off the bat with dark arts.....?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rydstrom said:

you my friend see drk as pure DD you will cry if your not swinging. i do not view drk this way. drk in my eyes is a hybrid war/blm and this spell is the unquestioned validation of that. ps drk will get the most use out of this spell how you might ask? Nether Void

You're actually entirely incorrect in that assessment. I can't stand the notion of the "Fake Warrior" style Dark Knight. It's our ability to cast spells that make use unique in the grand scheme of things.

Nether Void enhances the potency of Drains spells, nothing in the help-text of Impact leads me to believe Nether Void will enhance the spell.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-06 14:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a lot of MP though. I mean.. a DRK would use it once every 5 minutes if they got refreshed?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
ya sam got hosed on AF3+2 hands unless enhance sekkanoki is ballin...and even then... ugh.. but i'd use them over heafoc evn though i'm losing 3 STR its still a massive upgrade in acc for not a lot of str loss...and again that enhancement on sekka might be well worth it..

but has nobody mentioned that sch can use this? and anybody that plays /sch can just parsimony this sucker... or take 60 mp off the bat with dark arts.....?

So far, the only thing that hit me, was Adloquiem for Scholar, a Regain spell. Hopefully the potency justifies the only Mage Job I can stand's existence.

By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i meant to say Dark Seal. excitement got me on that 1.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-06 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rydstrom said:
i meant to say Dark Seal. excitement got me on that 1.

Oh well, um...? I don't know, maybe it already has capped Magic Accuracy as a property of the spell itself, after all, Summoner can get it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-06 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

and whm Zic lulz and for 666 mp that *** ***BETTER have capped accuracy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Rydstrom 2010-12-06 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

my guess is no. im betting non drk blm sch rdm need /sch for it