Forum » FFXI » NMs » Chhir Batti Feet seals
Chhir Batti Feet seals
First Page 2
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2010-11-30 07:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in with a group of 5 today to kill Chhir Batti. Killed him 7x with a blm and whm in group. Hit all tier 3/4 nukes aga 2/3 AM1 etc. same spells ive used and seen used 100x over on seal nms. We never once proc'd !!. Any spell cast during TP moves/Magic casting was recast and i am aware that ninja spells and brd spells work too but has anyone ever went with this kind of luck before?? is there something differant about this NM than the others or are we really just that unlucky?
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2010-11-30 08:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

8th and final kill we finally trigger the !! guess our luck was just really horriable :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 08:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot BLU too. Not surprised you failed to proc given that you didn't have at least half the trigger spells present.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been seeing/hearing about this type of situation a lot recently.

Players are badly overlooking the importance of BLU spells for farming AF3+1 seals.

I've been told by multiple people things like "well, if we just kill it fast repeatedly, we'll farm as many seals as we would if we bothered to trigger yellow !! weakness each time."

This is just flatly NOT true.
I've killed hundreds of "seals NMs" now, in a wide variety of party set-ups. If you do not trigger yellow !! weakness, the most common result is 1 seal drop. The 2nd most common result is zero/no drops. Adding THF/Treasure Hunter to the party typically grants 1 drop, and sometimes 2 seals, but zero-seal drops still happen even with TH.
When you trigger yellow !! weakness (once), you will never get zero seals. It's quite common to receive 3 or 4 seals (and in rare cases, 5 seals) when triggering yellow !! weakness.

So, when you go farming, be particular about your party set-up. REGARDLESS OF WHICH VANA-DAY YOU SPAWN/CLAIM the NM, Blue Magic spells will ALWAYS account for 25% of the yellow !! trigger spells. You can go without a BLU, but in my opinion, you're "gimping" your farming party without BLU.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Need BLU and BRD aswell to proc for sure!

light
holy banish2 banish3 bangaII flash brddrk Radiant Breath 1000 Needles
dark
bio2 aspir dispel drain kura:Ni brdlight Death Ray Eyes On Me
fire
fire3 fire4 firaga3 flare nin:ni brdice Heat Breath Firespit
earth
stone3 stone4 stonga3 quake nin:ni brdlightning Magnetite Cloud Seedspray
water
water3 water watga3 flood nin:ni brdfire Maelstrom Regurgitation
wind
aero3 aero4 aeroga3 tornado nin:ni brdearth Hecatomb Wave Mysterious Light
ice
bliz3 bliz4 blizga3 freeze nin:ni brd wind Frost Breath Ice Break
lightning
thu3 thun4 thunga3 burst nin:ni brdwater mind blast Blitzstrahl
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-30 12:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Our run the other day, which we'll definitely be repeating with the same jobs was:

Blu, Blm, Brd/whm, thf/nin. A little into the run a rdm friend also came over, but those four jobs can not only trigger ALL grellow (aside from %#^%$#@ lightsday), but can also kill most seal NMs very effectively. Thf/nin with good gear/atmas can tank most NMs incredibly easily (haven't tried on anything that spams AoE yet), especially with the help of brd, and can do the ninjutsu triggers as /nin. Brd/whm will have basically infinite refresh and can main heal almost as well as rdm since /whm now gets Cure IV, and can also keep the tank hasted. Blm is there for the triggers, as well as crowd control on any adds while pulling the NM and back-up heals. Blu is also there for the triggers, but magic fruit will beat cure IV, and if you pack Plenilune as well you can throw a lot of HP back onto the tank in an emergency. Rdm, well, rdm just makes everything easier, more debuffs, more support.

Probably if you swapped the rdm for whm you'd be in an even better position, but we found it ridiculously easy. We triggered grellow on every single NM bar one, and fights were still over in just a few minutes. One fight I know was under 2 minutes, as I used CA to kill an add, and it wasn't up again by the time the mob was dead. Also, once you've hit grellow, thf and blu have a couple different options for stupidly high damage SC's which were generally knocking about 30-40% off the mobs HP.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-11-30 12:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chhir Batti for my group proc'd from Blu spells about 50% of the time when we farmed seals.

Usually our group would usually go me as MNK or Thief depending on what I felt like tanking on or had equipped, RDM, WHM, BLU, BLM. The WHM or the BLU would /bard so essentially everything was covered. Since this NM can be killed with relative ease, it's better to take that right setup and gurantee a seal proc.

Like Elanabelle stated, imo you're wasting your time with the quick kills and hope for drops approach vs focusing on a solid group to gurantee a yellow !!! proc.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-30 12:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

your NIN spells not being resisted with /NIN?

I haven't tested I just know we had a RDM/NIN who was getting resisted when we kited Funereal Apkallu before, no idea where his Ninjitsu skill was at so I figured I would just bring an actual NIN
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I haven't tested I just know we had a RDM/NIN who was getting resisted when we kited Funereal Apkallu before, no idea where his Ninjitsu skill was at so I figured I would just bring an actual NIN
6/7 of the NIN spells are nukes, so resists aren't a problem for procing. Kurayami: Ni isn't available from sub (yet), but at 90 cap that'll be something to bear in mind.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 12:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I've seen SAM/NIN, BLU/NIN, MNK/NIN all activate yellow !! with level 40 elemental Ninjutsu spells.
Resistance doesn't matter. The spell can land for 1 damage and still activate the yellow !!.

The only bummer about using NIN subjob for Ninjutsu spells is that Kurayami: Ni is level 44.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-30 13:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

aye, I'll still just make someone come NIN then so we're covered for those 3 days. Good to know /NIN can cover everything but one spell though.

I meant he was resisted for 0 dmg but could have just been that mob or his skills or something he only tried a couple times in that fight, It was just some pickup where someone asked for my help last minute so the setups were all wrong :)
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-30 13:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive actually had a yellow proc and gotten no seals, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Ive actually had a yellow proc and gotten no seals, lol.

Well, it's really really rare for that to happen.
Did the group accidentally trigger the yellow !! more than once?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-30 13:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it was just once.

Procing !! isnt 100% like some people believe. The yellow thing im going to say is like DL with 100s. You usually always get a 100 but there is a 1% chance you wont.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-30 13:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone ever try to proc 2 different color !!s on the same mob in the same fight with never losing claim? I haven't tested it yet but was curious.

could come in real useful if you get the benefits of both/all !!s, not to mention severely gimping the NM in the fight to make it easier i.e. silence etc

If you proc red!! and then proc a blue!! will you still get the abyssite/atma or is doing a different color !! going to be like doing 2 red!!s?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
anyone ever try to proc 2 different color !!s on the same mob in the same fight with never losing claim? I haven't tested it yet but was curious.

could come in real useful if you get the benefits of both/all !!s, not to mention severely gimping the NM in the fight to make it easier i.e. silence etc

If you proc red!! and then proc a blue!! will you still get the abyssite/atma or is doing a different color !! going to be like doing 2 red!!s?

Yes, done all 3 on mobs before.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Based on my observations, there is no penalty for activating multiple different-colored !! weaknesses.
The drop rate penalty is supposedly only incurred if you trigger the same color !! weakness repeatedly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2010-11-30 14:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
No, it was just once.

Procing !! isnt 100% like some people believe. The yellow thing im going to say is like DL with 100s. You usually always get a 100 but there is a 1% chance you wont.
Its nothing like DL at all, DL has one slot for 100s, with 33% chance for each type and 1% for nothing, seals are completely different all together. Each mob has 2 slots for seals regardless of !! triggers, triggering yellow on any abyssea NM adds slots to the pool that were previously locked(seals, gems , crafting mats). Its still up to the gods if those slots are filled or not. You want to really maximize your seal drops, then trigger yellow and blue. But if you want to maximize your seal/time ratio then forget triggering and spam then NM with thf mule.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-30 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

thnx for the feed back can't wait to implement this on future runs :)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 19:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
But if you want to maximize your seal/time ratio then forget triggering and spam then NM with thf mule.

Wrong, lol.
This type of statement is exactly what I posted about above.
Spamming seals NMs without triggering yellow !! is a waste of time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2010-11-30 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
But if you want to maximize your seal/time ratio then forget triggering and spam then NM with thf mule.

Wrong, lol.
Ah because you disagree then I must be wrong, ok princess continue to waste your time and be horribly inefficient triggering yellow on seal nms.

Blm spells take the longest buy far, having a blm cast 3 AMs, 3 GA3s, 3 tier 4s, and 3 tier3 with all landing clean, is still a crapload of time wasted,and chances are your holding the mob to trigger yellow anyway so thats even more time wasted, and if you bring more then one blm, well.... thats jsut a whole other ball of wax.

I said, to maximize seal/nm ratio go for yellow, but seal/time ratio will always be spamming the mob period, cast what you have while the mob is alive and might get lucky but holding NMs that die in minutes for an extra seal?.....
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-30 20:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for you BRDs out there, the name of your Threnody is misleading and isn't the Threnody you should be using; IE: Watersday =/= Water Threnody.

You need to see the actual element of the spell, and the element of that spell goes with the day; The right way: Thundersday = Water Threnody, because the Water Threnody song has a Thunder Element color beside the spell.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-30 20:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:

Wrong, lol.

Honestly, for T1 pops, esp pop NMs, try and trigger yellow in the normal amount of time it would take to kill that mob but once you start to hold a T1 mob to trigger yellow, you are just wasting time. As its already been said, even with trigger, you might only get 0-1 seals.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-30 22:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
Wrong, lol. This type of statement is exactly what I posted about above. Spamming seals NMs without triggering yellow !! is a waste of time.
Honestly, for T1 pops, esp pop NMs, try and trigger yellow in the normal amount of time it would take to kill that mob but once you start to hold a T1 mob to trigger yellow, you are just wasting time. As its already been said, even with trigger, you might only get 0-1 seals.

thats an extremely rarity though. triggering 1 yellow might take up to an extra 3 minutes, but by doing that one trigger you can increase the rewards dramatically. on average 1 yellow = 3 seals, where as no yellow = 1 seal. so taking an extra few minutes each time while it might seem slower speeds up the process.

the only difficult part is popping the nms off before some other jackass team does >0>
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-30 22:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive seen plenty of Yellow procs that only granted 1 seal so its not as rare as you might think. If the trigger spell is a Ga III or an AM, it takes awhile to cast those spells and also there is a good chance you will have to recast due to the NM using a TP move or a spell.

As far as popping, I havent had many problems with it lately, can usually work our doing alternating pops with the other group and have also been able to work out giving each other seals we don't need.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-30 22:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an absurd argument. Zagam, you're not wrong because I disagree with you. You're wrong because you're wrong.

My linkshell that focuses on triggering yellow !! every seal NM we fight ends up averaging 25-30 seals farmed in 90 minutes, and that includes time spent moving from camp to camp to fight a variety of NMs. How's that for "horribly inefficient"?

I challenge you to farm 30 seals in 90 minutes using the "spam kill with TH" method. You will fail.

Yes, as you and Kimble pointed out, SOMETIMES it takes a few minutes to trigger the yellow !!. But usually it hardly takes any time at all. Rather, it just takes coordination, patience, and luck.

Don't be a Neanderthal. Make the effort to trigger the !!.

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-30 23:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

People make the effort, holding and NM or killing it slower to proc a yellow, is inefficient
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2010-11-30 23:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an absurd argument. Zagam, you're not wrong because I disagree with you. You're wrong because you're wrong.

My linkshell that focuses on triggering yellow !! every seal NM we fight ends up averaging 25-30 seals farmed in 90 minutes, and that includes time spent moving from camp to camp to fight a variety of NMs. How's that for "horribly inefficient"?

I challenge you to farm 30 seals in 90 minutes using the "spam kill with TH" method. You will fail.

Yes, as you and Kimble pointed out, SOMETIMES it takes a few minutes to trigger the yellow !!. But usually it hardly takes any time at all. Rather, it just takes coordination, patience, and luck.

Don't be a Neanderthal. Make the effort to trigger the !!.

wow get of your high horse, and stop eye balling stuff and turn your personal experience to fact. You want to trigger yellow on seal NMs go for it, that's your business but when you come on here and spew your garbage rhetoric you're gonna get called out on it. I wont even get in to name calling, cause that's really helping your cause, stop being so defensive because someone disagrees with you.

5min a mob inc repop time, in 90 min? 18 kills, vs you undoubtedly 10min+ mob for 9. or are you going to say you trigger yellow with a single spell on every single one right off the bat? Ill bet your claim anything and everything just to prove yourself right.

So were looking around even, but here's a thought for ya, instead of dragging all those ppl to trigger yellow split and farm 3 NMs at once and bam there's your efficiency.

But ill say again because you can only see what you want to, do what you want, its your way and doesn't matter to anyone else. I could care less its going to take you that much longer to complete seals then another group, I never once said you were WRONG just inefficient. And I sure as hell don't need to resort to name calling to prove that.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-30 23:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao i cant believe this is an argument..

you want seals... come prepared proc grellow!! everyone will go home happy.

inefficient is killing Manohra 4 times with 0 drops. When we did get drops they were usually 1. This was with TH4 without TH atma. I know this because I was in an LS that never tried for grellow!! it was a waste of time. I went on many many runs this way killing many many NMs. It was fail. A good drop without grellow!! is 2. A bad drop without grellow!! from my experience is 2.

It doesn't take long to proc a grellow!! its just a matter of being prepared and covering all the bases.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2010-12-01 01:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the help i think it was just bad luck, our party set up i should have went into more detail about...was mnk-blu-thf-whm-blm, blu stated he was trying his spells but i was not watching for sure, tech only missing brd and nin. and yes not procing the !! is just a huge waste of time/pop items. Like ive said ive done seal runs more times than i can count and almost all my abby stones since af3 was released has went to it this was the worse luck i have ever seen. Also i do not have which blu spells proc memorized the rest of the jobs i do. 8 runs 7/8 did not proc !! recieved 2 seals twice out of those 7, 1 seal 4 of them and zero once, got 4 the one time we proc !! which is normal odds from what ive seen so to you who say kill fast dont proc plz go to WoW. Thanks again tho everyone i didnt think about /nin using the spells even tho thats how i get azure when im duo'in on thf w/ my dnc friend lol fail on my part.
[+]
First Page 2