Trial 603 Any Suggestions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Trial 603 Any Suggestions?
Trial 603 Any Suggestions?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-27 15:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm working on 2 AGI Katanas. Any suggestions for this trial? It's 200 Diremites, and I have to do it twice. Every diremite is on a 16 minute respawn time and seems there isn't many in the places that have them, and if there is, they're spread apart like crazy (Pso'xja) D:. I have a feeling this is gonna be my most hated trial to date.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-27 15:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aydeewa Subterrane gets wind weather and has lots of those spiders... try by the place where you unlock BLU.
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-27 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some in Aydeewa Subterrain that are higher level and you wouldn't need a sync for, 13 of them actually and they have a 16 minute respawn, other than that, Pso'xja is your best bet =\
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-27 15:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but 1 map with diremites in off of thickets, and the others are off of woodlands. so 6 in one and 7 in the other. 16min respawn so about 24 kills in 1 windday. so 8-9 wind days just to do it once lol. 16-18 total for both of them....A bit rediculous.
 Asura.Emoneaone
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-27 15:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be worse! Check Trial 103: Soulflayers x200, during lightning day/weather. THAT is ridiculous!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-27 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Yea but 1 map with diremites in off of thickets, and the others are off of woodlands. so 6 in one and 7 in the other. 16min respawn so about 24 kills in 1 windday. so 8-9 wind days just to do it once lol. 16-18 total for both of them....A bit rediculous.

Make an effort to find wind weather. Weather counts as 5x point value.

It really really REALLY REALLY Speeds things up. Waiting for day to do your trials usually will have you waiting 8-9 "days" just to get 1 finished.

You need to get a magian Specs, seek out wind weather, and camp the zone for it.

Trust me when i say, killing 40 mobs during Wind weather > killing 200 during winds-day.

and wind Weather is very damn frequent in Aydeewa lol.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-27 16:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

It really really REALLY REALLY Speeds things up. Waiting for day to do your trials usually will have you waiting 8-9 "days" just to get 1 finished.

You need to get a magian Specs, seek out wind weather, and camp the zone for it.

Trust me when i say, killing 40 mobs during Wind weather > killing 200 during winds-day.

Ya i sat there and waited for wind weather. Was alot nicer, the 6 spawns turned into 30 points.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-27 16:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

35 kills per weather, possibly more if the weather lasts long enough. Diremites aren't really that bad, considering the possibilities of trials like one of the above posters mentioned.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-29 08:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

Frequent? lol.

I have the specs and the last 2 days doing puks I've spent probably 14-15 game days camping puks waiting for wind weather when windsday was no where near and Wind weather popped only once. I've checked the specs numerous times and I have never actually seen the words 'wind', 'windy', or 'gales' in the 3 day forecast. You were probably camping it during a better in game season for wind weather. It seems whatever season it is right now that wind weather is virtually non-existant.
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Server: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-29 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny that no one ever bothered with this, when I had to do my diremite trial I went to aydeewa and spent forever waiting for wind weather. eventually I found that during ingame summer months its plenty of wind weather there, when it turned to autumn, theres next to no wind anymore, same in winter (lots of cloudy that doesnt help either). So if you want to do that trial, wait for ingame summer month (dunno about spring) and go to aydeewa, youll have wind weather on most days, wait for the weather, kill all diremites.

neither on wiki nor anywhere else is any correlation between seasons and weather mentioned except I think on a comment on allakhazam i read that theres fire weather in rolanberry only during summer or things like that but thats about it.
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-11-29 11:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This trial is fine - take the Bhaflau Thickets I-7 entrance to Aydeewa. On windsday, it's very likely you'll find other people there, plus there's also a chance of wind weather. Diremites are also required for the dagger trial, so there may be dncs and thfs in the area, as well as nins.

Mobs are split into two rooms of 6 each, even with the long repops, if you have a few people, you can get 48 done in a game day no problems, if you time it right.

Also, because the next trial is vermin, you can double-up doing that one when you go back to do diremites for the second katana - makes it feel a lot less painful!

Now, if anyone wants to talk about hard trials, how about light dmg kills for light acc staff...on brd!