Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Coming Back
Coming Back
By Berem123 2010-11-12 18:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I've been out of the game for a while now, and I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things. With all the new gear out, I was hoping for some suggestions on what I should get (once I reach those levels)

What I currently have:

Weapon: Hagun
Head: Usu, Ace's, Shura
Body: Usu, Askar
Hands: Dusk Gloves, AF+1, Usu
Legs: Byakko's Haidate, Usu
Feet: Usu Feet, Ruttter Sabatons
Earrings: Bushu/Brutal
Rings: Rajas/Flame-Snipers
Back: Foragers
Waist: Swift/Virtuoso/Warwolf

I appreciate any input, thanks!
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-12 19:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

AFv3+2 5/5 and a Masamune and your set XD

::trollface::
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-12 19:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, with the new Abyssea areas, there's a lot of new equipment, lots of which far surpassing other gear. And for most jobs (yes, Samurai included) getting your Empyrean armor is a great step.

1. Your Empyrean head is always purchased with cruor from one of the cruor prospectors in the newer Abyssean zones.
2. Your Empyrean legs are always purchased with resistance points (which you get for doing resistance ops and bastion battles) from the resistance NPCs in the newer Abyssean zones.
3. Your Empyrean feet drop from the larger pyxides in the newer Abyssean zones.
(All of these for Samurai are in Vunkerl)

Then after that, your +1 are somewhat easily acquired by doing Magian trials that have you collect specific Seals. Each Seal has one repeatable quest that you can get it from, and 3 NM's that you can get it from.

+2's are a lot harder to get, but you should only worry about that after you get your +1's.