Any Ls Selling Atma?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Any ls selling atma?
Any ls selling atma?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-11 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
The hell does it matter to the rest of you anyways? >_>

Common human nature. We have to be in everyone else's business but our own. Topic is no different than a random religion/gay/abortion topic. Except it's about Atma.
[+]
By Gemah 2010-11-11 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Gemah said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

Some must realize that people have not the time nor resources, or the will to farm pops & shout and want to go the easy route (gil may come easier to their person instead.) Also at the end of the day, you won't know how the person next to you acquired that Atma as well; there is no "lazy" way to acquire Atma, only smart ways.

Except FFXI is all about "time". This isn't really a game where you can get stuff done playing a couple hours a week. If you don't have the time to get something done that will only take a few hours (yes I said only... this is FFXI), this may not be the game for you.

That being said, if you have the gil and wanna buy it go right ahead. (To the OP) Try giving a shout in Jeuno or Whitegate or something. Maybe put something in your search comment. I'm sure someone will pick you up sooner or later.

Carbuncle.Shokox said:

To those that sell Atma, more power to you, I know of a few LSes pulling in an upwards of 5-10 mil a run just selling Atma of the Razed Ruin.

Smart people making gil off the rich (or gullible). I had someone give me 500k just so he could get SMN feet out of the chest in Vunkerl. He got it within an hour. Easy gil off of people who have gil.

You logic makes no sense. This game is about time indeed-- all the more reason to purchase with gil if you have the means.

1) You save time (stones) by purchasing it.

2) You save your sanity from making the run yourself. Too many factors that may or may not *** up your run... like wiping on Eve (possible), or having people that fail at triggering !! on Ironclad Pulverizer (happens all the time).

I'm not sure you've ever fought Ironclad Pulverizer now that I think about it; seen multiple LSes spend 2-5 hours trying to land a trigger on this NM, while it's raged. Hence the reason why so many is down for buying the Atma right off.

And yeah smart people indeed. I've been on both sides of that fence; made quick and easy gil off of people that want an easy ride to something, and have been that person that doesn't mind spending gil for that quick ride. That's the pleasure and the right to playing this, as it's a game.

Come December I'm ready to make another 5~7 mil off of JP wanting to buy all of the new items, despite the drop rate being 50%+.

You purchase stones?

I have and if you seen multiple LSes spend 2-5 hours trying to land a trigger on Pulverizer it's because they suck. Honestly, my first run was 60 minutes and that's people people were screwing up.

And yeah, believe me you won't be the only one making gil off people who want the item first come the new update. But Ill be making em from everyone, not just JP. I know a lot of ENG people who bought perle when it was 500k+.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-11 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it too much to ask that if someone has something to say that they /know/ doesnt matter to another person, that they just shut their mouth? >_>;;

It doesnt seem like a very hard concept to me...

GL to OP, though seeing the answers of many of this thread, it may not work out as well as hoped. (this seems like the Ridill thread I saw a year or so ago :|)
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-11 09:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gemah said:

You purchase stones?

You know what I mean. Don't make it sound like something it's not to make a point. >.>
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-11-11 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, i guess i am fortunate that our LS does a scheduled abyssea event and we are focusing on getting everyone atmas. We did RR a week ago or so and just fought Carabosse last nite for Allure. Guess i need to talk to leadership about opening it up to outsiders that have no interest in anything other than gaining the big name atmas.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-11-11 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By Gemah 2010-11-11 09:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Gemah said:

You purchase stones?

You know what I mean. Don't make it sound like something it's not to make a point. >.>

Sorry I had to ^-^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-11 09:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gemah said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Gemah said:

You purchase stones?

Sorry I had to ^-^

Now I must e-thug.

If I find you on the street, I'ma beat you up gewd.

Did I thug correctly?
[+]
By olyard 2010-11-11 09:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly do you people have no shame? This is a damn game... start being a gamer and actually get ***done for yourself. Paying for a good is fine, paying for someone to play the game for you is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Let's not compare this to, oh why do you buy NM drops when you can just camp them. Let's compare this time, why am I letting someone else play the game for me? Might as well hire IGE and tell them to lvl all your crafts to 60/100 and power level you to the highest lvl, hell why not just buy an account with all the ***on it. Where do you draw the line ppl.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nobusagi
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2010-11-11 09:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes you did Sho GJ! =P
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-11 09:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:
Honestly do you people have no shame? This is a damn game... start being a gamer and actually get ***done for yourself. Paying for a good is fine, paying for someone to play the game for you is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Let's not compare this to, oh why do you buy NM drops when you can just camp them. Let's compare this time, why am I letting someone else play the game for me? Might as well hire IGE and tell them to lvl all your crafts to 60/100 and power level you to the highest lvl, hell why not just buy an account with all the ***on it. Where do you draw the line ppl.

This is what I refer to when I speak about common human nature.

TY Nobu :o

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-11-11 10:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bought gil. I bought items from Linkshells because I did not have the means to get them on my own. I still managed to have fun in game having done these things. So as far as I'm concerned, I was doing it right.

Stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE nerds/geeks/whatever.

Carbuncle.Nobusagi
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2010-11-11 10:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:

I want to know how you can feel shame from a game though tbh, its supposed to be fun who cares how other people play let them do whatever they want and you play your way. That's how i see it anyways.
By olyard 2010-11-11 10:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
I've bought gil. I bought items from Linkshells because I did not have the means to get them on my own. I still managed to have fun in game having done these things. So as far as I'm concerned, I was doing it right.

Stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE nerds/geeks/whatever.

Please look into Hello kitty online, I think this might be the game for you.
By olyard 2010-11-11 10:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
olyard said:

Stop trolling it gets boring =(

I think you are mistaken, I don't troll. These are my opinions ok?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-11 10:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/must resist urges to give into the anon trolling person.... GOGO NEGATIVE DRAYLO

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-11-11 10:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:
Sylph.Spency said:

Please look into Hello kitty online, I think this might be the game for you.

Why do I think that you're Flion?
By dianara 2010-11-11 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Except it's not. It's still 6-12 people, just like any other HNM, with specific requirements on Weaponskills needed, some being uncommon for the jobs you have available.

Except it is. You can get the above mentioned atmas with 5 ppl or so.

And imo 500k is too cheap, since the person is asking to leech them. They are unwilling to put any effort into research the NMs or farm the pop items.

The work can be done over multiple sessions, its not like camping HNMs for hours and not claiming, you can work on a set bit by bit, but overall does take abit of time. Therefore if your not willing to use your own hard earned sets, i would say 500k/atma is far too little.
What is 500k to a group of people? 100k each in a lowman group? Less for a LS? Not worth the effort.

Furthermore you dont have to ask LSs, lowman groups should be running these NMs occasionnally.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-11 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1 atma in some instances is better than a full set of gear that you paid for, its no different buying an atma than it is buying a piece of armour.

I personally have never paid for an armour drop or atma, but that's just my choice, if someone wants to pay for something that's their choice too.

It doesn't affect how you play the game so why should you care.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2010-11-11 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im glad Im not alone in my school of thought.

I lived the hardcore life; was a guild leader in eq2, a member of the top guild of my server in eq1 etc. Ive been there, done that. I dont have the time or apetite to deal with people who cant read, who ignore ventrilo (or team speak), who completly ignore calls, come as the wrong job etc. The meer idea of shouting to start a pickup group to do these makes me want to vomit

If I could get it done by joining a casual LS that did just abyssea in CST I would but all of the US CST ones so far have told me I can't do just abbysea, id have to do limbus, sky, sea, erinj, dynamus etc and I dont have the time or desire to do those.
By dianara 2010-11-12 07:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is you dont need to join a LS to do abyssea. A group of 4-5 friends can go very far. And you are definatly not alone in not wanting to join an all round LS, i have no such desire either. I simply do abyssea with 3, sometimes 4 other friends who feel the same way.

We started with 0 consequential abyssites and 0 atmas, and now have all the important abyssites and atmas, with no help from any LSs.