Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Empyrean Armor +2
DRK Empyrean Armor +2
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-11-09 00:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tested out the set bonus on this yet?

Set: Attack occasionally varies with HP.

Worded kind of weird.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-09 00:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some testing on it on BG somewhere, apparently its unknown how to proc it or w/e it is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-09 00:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Kirschy was not impressed.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-09 00:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonus could be triggered by low HP like Valiant knife or Avengers.
If so it would suit a DRK constantly using Souleater. The fact the proc rate is occasional though would limit its' usefulness.

Edit: The idea of using a signet staff as test weapon isn't bad, all you'd need is to trigger low HP and test the effect maybe at 100%, 75% and 50% hp
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-09 06:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If its anything like the PLD set proc then its only a 5% chance to get the bonus, not really ground breaking.
 Fenrir.Kirschy
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2010-11-09 07:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried /w low HP, down to 1%. It appears to be just a straight attack bonus~
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-09 07:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
I've tried /w low HP, down to 1%. It appears to be just a straight attack bonus~

What would you eyeball the proc rate too?
And do you have any idea how much atk+ ?
 Fenrir.Kirschy
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2010-11-09 09:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage values naturally vary widely even with static pdif values, and anytime I use DRK I'm at or near the attack cap. Unfortunately at the moment I can't give you any idea on the proc rate or potency of the effect. Given the proc rate on other set bonuses, an hour of hitting some IT mobs probably won't yield any useful results =/. I'll get around to it eventualli, it's just not high on my list atm. The bonus is mostly useless in majority of situations and virtualli untestable even in controlled settings. :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-09 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Damage values naturally vary widely even with static pdif values, and anytime I use DRK I'm at or near the attack cap. Unfortunately at the moment I can't give you any idea on the proc rate or potency of the effect. Given the proc rate on other set bonuses, an hour of hitting some IT mobs probably won't yield any useful results =/. I'll get around to it eventualli, it's just not high on my list atm. The bonus is mostly useless in majority of situations and virtualli untestable even in controlled settings. :(

Yeah not gonna be easy to test this >_<
Oh well, atleast it's a bonus of some sort <_> better than nothing..
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-17 19:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Hit things for an hour and finalli got the stupid Retrace Staff to proc DRK AF3's set bonus. Managed proof for how it works too. It adds a modifier to your damage based on HP%. Damage * (1+HP%).

At 100%, I was able to get double damage on a hit /w signet staff. @ 50% I got 50% added onto damage, @ 30% I got 30% added onto damage. Since Retrace Staff has 1 DMG, damage isn't varied and it's much easier to get values which are conclusive~ Only did around ~500 hits total, but it appears to be 1-2% proc rate =/. I took more pictures, but no reason to flood this post /w them, unless someone wants them~

^

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor.?p=4243627&viewfull=1#post4243627

[+]