Lv. 99 Drk Merits (while Passed Out)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Lv. 99 Drk Merits (while passed out)
Lv. 99 Drk Merits (while passed out)
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-08 14:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So last night I was totally passed out for some reason I don't remember. Anyways I was wondering what if SE came out at Lv. 99 with Merits II, in which case we can put merit points towards obtaining weaponskills or improving existing ones. Like for example. we can put merits points into obtaining Torcleaver/Scourge/Quietus/Catastrophe and we can use them on any weapon(of the type) we want. But there would be a timer. So like first merit gives you the weaponskill with like a 10min timer, each additional merit lowers timer by 1:30min
-Group 1- 0/10 (merits 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 10)
Last Resort Duration
Dark Magic Recast
Nethervoid Recast
Occult Acumen effect
Drain III
Aspir III
-Group 2- 0/10 (merits 5 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 10)
Weaponskill Catastrophe
Weaponskill Scourge
Weaponskill Torcleaver
Weaponskill Quietus
Improved Scythe weaponskill
Improved Greatsword weaponskill
Dark Magic bonus

iono just a random idea lol~ your thoughts?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-08 14:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt they'd let you put merits towards weaponskills that you normally only get through tons of work, but it's a nice idea. :S
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-08 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm not too sure how I feel about giving people weapon skills as merits, especially already-existing ones.

Merit abilities are all situationally-useful, and for the most part were designed to give people a way to specialize themselves. Weapon Skills on the other hand, are mostly all better than one another. I mean, if a Samurai had to choose between getting Tachi:Enpi and Tachi:Gekko, there's no doubt which one he'd pick. Plus, what if you already had all of the listed weapon skills? Then you'd be SOL.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-08 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
I highly doubt they'd let you put merits towards weaponskills that you normally only get through tons of work, but it's a nice idea. :S
well its not exactly hard i guess to get the latent relic weaponskill weapons from abyssea... or WOE version of empyrean weapons. so why not?

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Well, I'm not too sure how I feel about giving people weapon skills as merits, especially already-existing ones. Merit abilities are all situationally-useful, and for the most part were designed to give people a way to specialize themselves. Weapon Skills on the other hand, are mostly all better than one another. I mean, if a Samurai had to choose between getting Tachi:Enpi and Tachi:Gekko, there's no doubt which one he'd pick. Plus, what if you already had all of the listed weapon skills? Then you'd be SOL.
/shrug improved acc/dmg? *add in more glowyness* ?
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-08 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, group-1 merits are upgrades to already-existing abilities and traits. Group-2 merits are totally new abilities and traits. It seems odd to suddenly change those rules.

Nothing wrong with adding more stuff to group-1 and to group-2, and I also think it's a neat idea to add in a group-3 merit category. If I may be so bold to re-organize...

Group-1 Merit additions:
- Last Resort Duration
- Dark Magic Recast
- Nethervoid Recast
- Occult Acumen effect

Group-2 Merit additions:
- Drain III
- Aspir III

And then Group-3 Merits could be brand-new weapon skills that each have their own effect or something.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-08 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Well, group-1 merits are upgrades to already-existing abilities and traits. Group-2 merits are totally new abilities and traits. It seems odd to suddenly change those rules. Nothing wrong with adding more stuff to group-1 and to group-2, and I also think it's a neat idea to add in a group-3 merit category. If I may be so bold to re-organize... Group-1 Merit additions: - Last Resort Duration - Dark Magic Recast - Nethervoid Recast - Occult Acumen effect Group-2 Merit additions: - Drain III - Aspir III And then Group-3 Merits could be brand-new weapon skills that each have their own effect or something.
;3 i wish SE visited this website and used ideas or atleast considered them
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-11-08 17:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun II or Drain III or IV

I can see it coming.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-08 17:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Demi already exists :X Gravity!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-08 18:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Attack and a crit based WS. DRK Fixed
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-08 18:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

And increased last resort duration! Then DRK would be truly fixed.
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Server: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-11-12 00:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What we will get is.

Magic Accuracy Bonus
Magic Attack Bonus
Conserve MP
Clear Mind
Some *** that reduces our HP to boost Magic Attack
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-11-12 00:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Demi already exists :X Gravity!
Demi as it was in previous FF's is vastly different from gravity in ffxi.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-12 00:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Well, group-1 merits are upgrades to already-existing abilities and traits. Group-2 merits are totally new abilities and traits. It seems odd to suddenly change those rules.

Nothing wrong with adding more stuff to group-1 and to group-2, and I also think it's a neat idea to add in a group-3 merit category. If I may be so bold to re-organize...

Group-1 Merit additions:
- Last Resort Duration
- Dark Magic Recast
- Nethervoid Recast
- Occult Acumen effect

Group-2 Merit additions:
- Drain III
- Aspir III

And then Group-3 Merits could be brand-new weapon skills that each have their own effect or something.

What if rather than completely new Weapon skills, it augments current weapon skills.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-12 01:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
Well, group-1 merits are upgrades to already-existing abilities and traits. Group-2 merits are totally new abilities and traits. It seems odd to suddenly change those rules. Nothing wrong with adding more stuff to group-1 and to group-2, and I also think it's a neat idea to add in a group-3 merit category. If I may be so bold to re-organize... Group-1 Merit additions: - Last Resort Duration - Dark Magic Recast - Nethervoid Recast - Occult Acumen effect Group-2 Merit additions: - Drain III - Aspir III And then Group-3 Merits could be brand-new weapon skills that each have their own effect or something.
What if rather than completely new Weapon skills, it augments current weapon skills.
or new weaponskills with new animations
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2010-11-12 01:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Then DRK would be a War...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-12 03:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
nope~ DRK would then be a very very offensive WAR
with full merits... 10% increased attack + 25% haste from desperate blows....and if last resort's duration was increased to atleast 1~3min @.@ that...would be very fun
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-12 15:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

No.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

10% increased attack + 25% haste from desperate blows....and if last resort's duration was increased to atleast 1~3min @.@ that...would be very fun

Last resort is originally ~14.8% increased attack (with no last resort effect merits). It's calculated as: 38/256

With full Last resort effect merits, you get ~24.6% increased attack. (38/256 + (5/256) * 5)

Last resort, currently, only lasts 30 seconds.

On the other hand, warrior's Berserk is +25% increased attack, and it lasts for 3 minutes.

Max desperate blows merits adds +25% Job ability haste to DRK, while last resort is active. The cap for job ability haste is 25%

That being said, if your DD PT members are getting haste samba (+10% job ability haste; full merits on haste samba is a must), the DRK in the PT is really getting a 15% advantage in job ability haste over the other DDs in the PT, but only while Last resort is active.

If your DDs in the PT have Haste samba and hasso, then the DDs are already getting +20% Job ability haste. Therefore, the DRK, will have a 5% job ability haste advantage over the other DDs in the PT, but only while Last resort is active.

Not to mention that other DDs such as WAR and SAM can already cap gear haste much more easily than DRK. (gear haste is not job ability haste, but they both stack towards the overall haste cap of 80% )

Increasing Last resort duration from 30 seconds to at least 1 or 2 minutes...(1 minute duration likely being a more reasonable expectation) would certainly be a buff to DRK's DD department, but I don't think that it would be broken. Further, even with Last resort recast merits, there is still a 4 minute and 10 seconds recast timer on Last resort.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-13 01:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Vyrerus said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
No.
10% increased attack + 25% haste from desperate blows....and if last resort's duration was increased to atleast 1~3min @.@ that...would be very fun
Last resort is originally ~14.8% increased attack (with no last resort effect merits). It's calculated as: 38/256 With full Last resort effect merits, you get ~24.6% increased attack. (38/256 + (5/256) * 5) Last resort, currently, only lasts 30 seconds. On the other hand, warrior's Berserk is +25% increased attack, and it lasts for 3 minutes. Max desperate blows merits adds +25% Job ability haste to DRK, while last resort is active. The cap for job ability haste is 25% That being said, if your DD PT members are getting haste samba (+10% job ability haste; full merits on haste samba is a must), the DRK in the PT is really getting a 15% advantage in job ability haste over the other DDs in the PT, but only while Last resort is active. If your DDs in the PT have Haste samba and hasso, then the DDs are already getting +20% Job ability haste. Therefore, the DRK, will have a 5% job ability haste advantage over the other DDs in the PT, but only while Last resort is active. Not to mention that other DDs such as WAR and SAM can already cap gear haste much more easily than DRK. (gear haste is not job ability haste, but they both stack towards the overall haste cap of 80% ) Increasing Last resort duration from 30 seconds to at least 1 or 2 minutes...(1 minute duration likely being a more reasonable expectation) would certainly be a buff to DRK's DD department, but I don't think that it would be broken. Further, even with Last resort recast merits, there is still a 4 minute and 10 seconds recast timer on Last resort.
*prays for new attack buff* & +7 haste hands for AF3
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-13 01:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So last night I was totally passed out for some reason I don't remember. Anyways I was wondering what if SE came out at Lv. 99 with Merits II, in which case we can put merit points towards obtaining weaponskills or improving existing ones. Like for example. we can put merits points into obtaining Torcleaver/Scourge/Quietus/Catastrophe and we can use them on any weapon(of the type) we want. But there would be a timer. So like first merit gives you the weaponskill with like a 10min timer, each additional merit lowers timer by 1:30min
-Group 1- 0/10 (merits 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 10)
Last Resort Duration
Dark Magic Recast
Nethervoid Recast
Occult Acumen effect
Drain III
Aspir III
-Group 2- 0/10 (merits 5 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 10)
Weaponskill Catastrophe
Weaponskill Scourge
Weaponskill Torcleaver
Weaponskill Quietus
Improved Scythe weaponskill
Improved Greatsword weaponskill
Dark Magic bonus

iono just a random idea lol~ your thoughts?

Anything affecting the new JAs they came up with past 75, whether it's potency, duration or recast is extremely likely to happen. Most AF3 armor have stats for that very same reason.

I like the idea of WS potency merits, let's say +2% WS Dmg per upgrade up to +10%. It wouldn't be gamebreaking but still a nice addition.
I don't think they'll be adding Relic and Empyrean WS through merits since they already came out with the 'cheap' relic and empyrean weapons.
It would probably be esier to see them add a potency effect to a weapon of choice.

There's no reason to add another Tier of Drain and Aspir. The potency on those spells has been boosted enough trough newer and specifically dedicated Dark Magic gear imo. Their effectiveness rely on the player's gear setups, no excuses.

Something relatively effective would be allowing the enhancement of existing Job Traits through merits, not the addition of completely new and mad good JT's such as Muted Soul (ty for that btw SE..).
In DRK's case 5/5 Attack Bonus merits wouldn't be too bad, a marginal improvement but still better than nothing.

Oh wait, nvm 5/5 Resist Paralyze GO!!!
By Gemah 2010-11-13 02:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would hate if they had a group 2 merit system full of WS I already have.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-13 02:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were to implement the Weapon / WS potency boost to the Combat skill merits section it would be very nice though.

*Edit* For all we know we could be getting new merits on the HP/MP, Attributes, Combat and Magic Skill and Others as well
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Taisaijin 2010-12-29 02:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see the Ark Angel weapon skills as merit additions.

Amon Drive, Dominon Slash etc.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight desperately needs sustainable (Combat Stance) Abilities like every other Melee job except for maybe Beastmaster.

Insidiousness: The intimidating presence of the Dark Knight demoralizes the enemy, reducing it's attack speed, casting speed and Magic defense. Ability consumes MP and is only effective if the Dark Knight is in front (Breath Area) of the target, though he need not be the current target.

Malevolence: The malevolent nature of the Dark Knight allows him to strike at the foe's vitals, increasing Critical Hit Rate, Weapon skill Damage and granting a Fast Cast effect. Target must be "Flanked" (Engaged at the sides or behind) for the bonuses to apply. Consumes MP while the ability is sustained.

I know that's really not on topic, but why merit a job that's broken(In a bad way) instead of fixing it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-12-29 05:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
What we will get is.

Magic Accuracy Bonus
Magic Attack Bonus
Conserve MP
Clear Mind
Some *** that reduces our HP to boost Magic Attack

^This. Not even joking, we'll probably get something like that.
By Taisaijin 2010-12-29 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh! We'll be able to merit that sweet, sweet Tactical Parry...
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-29 12:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
What we will get is.
Fencer
ftfy
edit: inb4 DRK gets Meteor before BLM.
edit2: DRK will get better nuking merits than BLM.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-29 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
inb4 DRK gets Meteor before BLM. edit2: DRK will get better nuking merits than BLM.

Deep Impact: Dark Knight gets a watered down version of similar spell released during the same season (Dark Knight's version also does not have hit Aerosmith song on soundtrack).
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-29 14:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm sure DRK wouldn't mind a high mp-cost spell that doesn't take 9001 years to cast.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 14:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Honestly, I'm sure DRK wouldn't mind a high mp-cost spell that doesn't take 9001 years to cast.

Impact would be perfect if it didn't take so long to cast. Occult Acumen has a lot of potential right now, being carefully avoided. You figure if Impact does 1200-2000 even as loldrk and grants 67tp... that really isn't a bad deal at all.

I'd also like to see DRK get some kind of "Aspir Strike" That converts the next Attack into MP. What SE doesn't understand is Dark Knight needs to be able to maintain it's MP levels in combat, not casting Aspir II for the duration of an entire *** battle.
First Page 2