Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » beastmaster axe trials for pet
beastmaster axe trials for pet
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2010-11-07 08:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

is anyone else having problems with competition with other beastmasters doing the trials requiring pet finishing blows?
these trials kind of suck since can't work together with others doing same trials.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-07 08:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if its the same with BST, but SE made it so multiple SMN on the same trial can work together for "kills with specified avatar" trials, as long as the SMN that got the killshot is on the same trial and is wearing the trial staff, everyone else who is wearing the trial staff gets the kill.
By Jabel 2010-11-07 09:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

BST kill shots count no matter which BST pet in a pt gets the kill shot. Team up with the others and finish your trial faster for everyone involved.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2010-11-07 09:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jabel said:
BST kill shots count no matter which BST pet in a pt gets the kill shot. Team up with the others and finish your trial faster for everyone involved.
ok thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-07 09:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know if they changed or not but when i did my trial for pet -PDT the BST`s pet that got the kill shot only counted for the BST not for the other BST in pt
By Jabel 2010-11-07 09:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW - I just finished 3 BST axes recently, so I know what I'm talking about. Pet +18 Acc, Pet -9% Phy dmg, and Pet +14 Acc axes, all of which I teamed up with other BST at some point for mutual aid getting the trials done. This is likely a change in the recent update, so anyone doing a trial before it might have a different experience.

Also, finishing blows using specific WS also count if you're in a pt with someone doing the same WS finishing blows.
 Odin.Jryan
Server: Odin
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2010-11-07 10:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Post update any pet counts for a kill, but you must have a pet out for it to count. If you, for example, are you SMN without an avatar out, and a BST pet kills your target mob, you won't receive credit.

I know this is true for DRG's wyvern, BST's pet, and SMN's avatar, one can only assume it also holds true for PUP's animation.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-07 12:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jabel said:
BTW - I just finished 3 BST axes recently, so I know what I'm talking about. Pet +18 Acc, Pet -9% Phy dmg, and Pet +14 Acc axes, all of which I teamed up with other BST at some point for mutual aid getting the trials done. This is likely a change in the recent update, so anyone doing a trial before it might have a different experience.

Also, finishing blows using specific WS also count if you're in a pt with someone doing the same WS finishing blows.

umm maybe im missing something but oh wait nvm you ment the 18att ones.

Anyways what pet specific axes peeps doing? anyone try the eva one for yulys or other none common ones?

also ya they changed it last update basicly all kill shots trials so long it type kill shot a person requires it counts for everyone.
By Jabel 2010-11-07 12:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the Pet +18 Eva all the time, not just for Dipper. But, for Dipper its already high eva takes another nice leap into making mobs miss.

If my pet has hate I use the +Pet Eva and -Pet Phy dmg.

If someone else, or another pet, has hate I use the Pet Acc +14 and +Pet Eva axes. I'm going to do both a 2nd Pet Eva and Acc set so I can swap them in when needed. I can't imagine what dual Eva will do for Dipper, or dual +14 Pet Acc for Nursery, but I can't wait to find out.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-07 13:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i just wish they make it so the axes had something diff in name so can macro them. Also is there really a noticable diff with the 18 att axe? It just doesnt seem like it make much a diff for pets certainly not more theh the acc