Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Soma's Staff +1
Soma's Staff +1
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-06 05:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'll be done with my Soma's Staff like tomorrow; wondering if you think it's worth it to remove thunder or ice potency merits to get water merits. Second highest single tier nuke and best aoe nuke atm, and it's only 15 merits. I don't have atma of the banisher, so ice isn't uber-charged ;_;
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-06 05:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
So, I'll be done with my Soma's Staff like tomorrow; wondering if you think it's worth it to remove thunder or ice potency merits to get water merits. Second highest single tier nuke and best aoe nuke atm, and it's only 15 merits. I don't have atma of the banisher, so ice isn't uber-charged ;_;

If you dont mind remeriting ice and or thunder in a month.. so go for it!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-06 05:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don'tthink we'll get thunder5 next update. blizz5 probably, but yeah, its abyssea-age now...15merits takes like, a night of an xp pt.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-06 06:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldnt handle finishing 1 magian staff ._. shits way too boring lol
 Diabolos.Clocen
Server: Diabolos
user: Clocen
By Diabolos.Clocen 2010-11-06 06:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking to do the same thing. But the new level cap is coming soonish so I would just finish my Vayu's +1 and merit Wind potency and remove Thunder potency (this way you still have "light" based spell) as we will most likely get Aeroja on next update. But if you have time and merits it's good idea to do Water potency also.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-11-06 08:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of staves, I wonder when SE is going to come out with another option for the HQ or Maglian trial staffs. I never did a trial for a staff. I stopped camping stuff years ago and swore I never would again. Not gonna start now with weather, for pete's sake. or fighting other campers for mobs. I have neiher the patience, nor time, ig, to do a trial.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-11-06 09:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The trials are rather easy on BLM and WHM. You can team up easily for BLM example. As finishing shot doesnt have to be from you, just the elemental dmg x <insert number>.

WHM is more gathering Bottled Pixies and killing Elementals.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-06 09:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All the blm trials are pretty easy to solo.

Also alot of blms team up. Hell my blu has to do 600 vermin so I ended up teaming up with 2 blms doing 200 ice killshots on vermin. I'd pull they'd sleep. Then while they were casting blizzaga3 I'd benthic typhoon. If all went well 11 bees would be dead if not another blizzaga.

When I did ice staff trials I teamed up with 3 other blms and we did pretty much all of them from the kill shot trials except the last one in 2 days between events