Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-02 18:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't see SAM as having incredible TP gain these days.

Most 2handed jobs can achieve 5 hits and Meditate is very minor.

Meditate as Samurai main is fairly significant, but an xhit doesn't nescessarily mean "Fast" TP build (The pre-nerf Eisen Grip argument) SAM has a fairly Low-delay weapon that is capable of 5hits with relative ease, which proves to be incredible if you're smart. Also, Samurai can augment their own damage further by actually skillchaining. Gekko and Fudo are extremely skillchain friendly with other Hard-hitting WS's. And with Full hastes, you can go from 50% TP to 100% before the Skillchain Window ends, so I don't even want to hear "Lol, holding TP to SC" since that doesn't even happen.
But gkts also have very shitty DOT and sam's old power used to be it's ws frequency combined with having a hard hitter WS. Now, w/o fudo, you're WS'ing fast, but bringing shitty dmg to the table when you do. As it is now, my 80 pup, no maton included, with razed ruin could honestly, match, if not beat, my 85 sam.
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-02 18:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Sam Homer, it hurts to say that inside abyssea, Sam is probably the weakest DD, I've seen 2k+ arching arrows from rngs, It sucks, but I have fudo so I keep up.....For now. Hoping they'll release either a wsdmg+ atma or a bigger tp bonus atma in next abyssea.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-02 21:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait for the + X% WS DMG weapons to become the all new Martial Weapons and you'll get your new Hagun.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 21:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Just wait for the + X% WS DMG weapons to become the all new Martial Weapons and you'll get your new Hagun.

Well, this is already better than Hagun:

Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-02 21:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Well, this is already better than Hagun:

Hence why I said all new, and whether we get to 99 through 1,2 or 3 more genkais those weapons will keep getting better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 21:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Hence why I said all new, and whether we get to 99 through 1,2 or 3 more genkais those weapons will keep getting better.

Oh, I think that is very likely. I see at least a +2 version of those weapons in the next update. Maybe +3 etc. but who knows.

They lack the new Empyrean WSs though, and SE seems to be making that magian path the strongest one.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-02 21:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All that matters is what sort of endgame (if any ?) we will be getting at 99.

If SE puts anything outside of Abyssea we will see a dramatic drop in damage output from just about anything. Without those tremendous atmas, several empyrean weapons could possibly become less impressive, and maybe relic weapons will get their chance to make a comeback thanks to their much more impressive stats (the extra Acc / Atk, the enhanced additional effetcs such as in Ragnarok etc. and the varying aftermaths adding all up)

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a new Dynamis event. There are many hints that suggest they could do so, first of all the fact that all storylines from all expansions are linked to a common scenario.
December update will give a greater hint as to what will come next.

I'm pretty anxious to see where it all goes!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-02 22:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the abyssean weapons still beat Relics outside of Abyssea, just crush them inside of abyssea.

It's not like mythics where you needed 300 tp to get double attack procs. You get double dmg procs at 100 tp.
 Ifrit.Bigmojo
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Bigmojo 2010-11-02 22:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam vs War in abyssea is embarrassing, with my sam only putting up 1500+ gekkos, while my war consistently gets 3k+ raging rushes while keeping seigan and third eye up all the time.
By Serj 2010-11-02 22:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What in the *** is going on in Tiger's avatar?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-02 22:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He's helping the kid overcome his hatred for green peppers.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-11-02 23:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't see SAM as having incredible TP gain these days.

Most 2handed jobs can achieve 5 hits and Meditate is very minor.

Meditate as Samurai main is fairly significant, but an xhit doesn't nescessarily mean "Fast" TP build (The pre-nerf Eisen Grip argument) SAM has a fairly Low-delay weapon that is capable of 5hits with relative ease, which proves to be incredible if you're smart. Also, Samurai can augment their own damage further by actually skillchaining. Gekko and Fudo are extremely skillchain friendly with other Hard-hitting WS's. And with Full hastes, you can go from 50% TP to 100% before the Skillchain Window ends, so I don't even want to hear "Lol, holding TP to SC" since that doesn't even happen.
But gkts also have very shitty DOT and sam's old power used to be it's ws frequency combined with having a hard hitter WS. Now, w/o fudo, you're WS'ing fast, but bringing shitty dmg to the table when you do. As it is now, my 80 pup, no maton included, with razed ruin could honestly, match, if not beat, my 85 sam.

Right, a Samurai without Fudo now is practically worthless, unless you need a puller. I have no argument with you there.

Back on the Subject of DRK though, full-timing souleater is a lot less difficult now with weapon skills like Torcleaver and Quietus. Even under Unlimited MP situations that abyssea provides, souleater with Guillotine can eat far too much HP than a single healer (Which is usually how PT's are set up) can manage, even with the shortest recast timers.
 Lakshmi.Theodoric
Server: Lakshmi
user: Theodoric
By Lakshmi.Theodoric 2010-11-08 01:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not often you'll be zerging ANYTHING in Abyssea just because a lot of people want to trigger the !! on the NM's here. There's only a couple NM's I wouldn't be bothered zerging just because they have garbage Atma and 100% drops.

As for damage output, in 30 seconds nothing comes close to a "real" DRK zerg, and I mean nothing. SAM, DRG, WAR are good, but 30k damage in 30 seconds is absurd to compete with. Many older mobs will still be Blood Weapon/Souleater friendly, but it seems SE wanted to change strategy and make us work for bonuses, nearly obsoleting the existence of the DRK zerg for newer zones.

As per DRK zerging:

* Depends on the race. If you're a Galka with both 30% HP bonus Atma, V. gem is going to get you less HP than a Happy Egg. That goes for the mantle as well, which can be swapped with Marid Mantle +1. (I have 2034HP before food and atma or cruor buffs.)

* Not sure what's been run on the Timarli Jawshan, but it could alter the way DRK zerg can be equipped. Despite the substantial drop in behemoth hides, Dusk gloves +1 are still a bit pricey. Homam is the best to get if your not loaded on gil.

*As per zerging, I've also noticed that there are 2 other weapons that are very "zerg" friendly and fairly easy to obtain. You can use either a BZ or Presteleme+1(2~3hit) and do a ridiculous amount of damage. Generally when using either I am /SAM or /MNK. The Presteleme is nice because you can leave in full duration of zerg when everyone else ran outta steam early and still spam very solid Spinning Slash w/o eating your remaining HP with Souleater up.

As per DRK Atmas, Razed Ruin is basically a bust unless you're going for massive DoT through crit rate. Stout Arm+Voracious Violet offers an overwhelming amount of STR+Attack and adds solid Regain and Double Attack. Although, Razed Ruin has brought back the fun in DRK/THF. Whacking mobs for 4k+ Ground Strikes is definitely a bonus.

For a DRK zerg you'll want either/or/both Atma of the Ebon Hoof, and Atma of the Impregnable Tower. Both of them are Superior HP(30%) and stack to a whopping 60% bonus. That doesn't include Abyssite that each add 10% to you cruor HP buff. If you don't already have Ebon Hoof, you'll wanna go get it. It's a giant sheep that real squishy and very easy to get the Red !! on. All you'll need is a NIN/WAR/RNG with all the appropriate weapons and skill, add a healer or two, and you'r 1/2 way to a serious HP bump.

Happy zerging!

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-08 01:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So 2034 HP.

60% from abyssites.

60% from atma.

120% of your HP.

o_______o

4475 HP.

HOLY ***.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-08 01:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

what are you subbing for your drk zerg OP? You did not specify... I guess it isnt drg, since you dont have wyvern earring equipped.

Are you /mnk for the hp?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-08 01:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
what are you subbing for your drk zerg OP? You did not specify... I guess it isnt drg, since you dont have wyvern earring equipped. Are you /mnk for the hp?
its anything really~ /drg /mnk /whatever
whatever is most optimal
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-08 04:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys do realize that Every NM in Abyssea will build Souleater Resistance making DRK Zerg useless right?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-08 04:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can zerg in exp pts? Just bring forbidden keys and use all the strong soothing light chests for yourself (have keywhore tell you when one pops).

I did that w/ mnk and sam, was just 2hr spam like a mofo.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-08 04:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG is still the best sub because it easily allows you to cap Haste while freeing certain armor slots for HP boosts (as you can see in the set I previously posted).

MNK sub isn't good at all because all you get from it is 60 extra HP and some worthless JAs while sacrificing Haste.
To cap haste while subbing MNK you would then be forced to use certain armor which doesn't grant any HP boost therefore nullifying the one you get from MNK SJ.

Even SAM is better than MNK if you're zerging with 2 handed weapons such as Ferrara or Bahamut's Zaghnal etc..

As for Timarli Jawshan I doubt it will prove better than a 2% increase in SE effect.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-08 04:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Can zerg in exp pts? Just bring forbidden keys and use all the strong soothing light chests for yourself (have keywhore tell you when one pops).

I did that w/ mnk and sam, was just 2hr spam like a mofo.

I'd rather let a SMN use odin :/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-08 04:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the smn did that the time I had one in my pt, usually don't though for w/e reason. I just join pick ups, so I don't build the pts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-08 13:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yea, the smn did that the time I had one in my pt, usually don't though for w/e reason. I just join pick ups, so I don't build the pts.
i like brds/smn that constantly open those chests for odin/epic bard 2hr songs