Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Idea of a Linkshell
Idea of a Linkshell
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-01 01:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I have a idea for a Player vs Player Linkshell on the Odin server... Well not really much of a idea actually. I just would like to know if anyone on ffxiah who play on Odin would be interested in a LS for PvP.

I myself LOVE doing 1v1s, pretty much anything vs my Ninja just gets me going. I also really like doing 60 caps using DRK/SAM.

However trying to find someone who also wants to do PvP with me is much much harder then one would expect. Sometimes it takes up to a month just to find one person to PvP with me, and that's asking all my LS people and Friend's list pretty much every single day.

I feel if I could get a bunch of PvP addicts together in one group it would be tons of fun to even just do one match a week or one every other week... Maybe if it brings enough people we could do big team matches with prizes and stuff for the winners idk, I kinda feel like I'm getting ahead of myself.

If you would like to join a PvP LS or just want to PvP me please leave a reply or send me a /tell ingame.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-01 01:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

this may be because no one wants to go through that much trouble for a near-guaranteed loss

they figure if cactrot rapido couldn't take you out

they probably wouldn't do very well either
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-01 01:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
this may be because no one wants to go through that much trouble for a near-guaranteed loss

they figure if cactrot rapido couldn't take you out

they probably wouldn't do very well either

Exact same thing my LS tells me when I *** about no one going with me lol /wrist
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-01 01:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were on Odin, I'd probably go for it.

I haven't actually done any PvP before but being a BLU, it's often something that comes up in LS chat.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-01 08:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@Laffter Yeah BLU is pretty sick in PvP. I'm sure at 85 cap they are damn near unstoppable without the use of Silence.

I feel like a lot of people don't want to do it just because: 1 there really is no rewards for the time you spend (So they would rather sit and window shop on the AH). 2 It's new to them, and they see everyone else saying no so they probably won't like it.

Although every single person besides one that I've taken said they had fun doing it.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-01 08:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
If I were on Odin, I'd probably go for it. I haven't actually done any PvP before but being a BLU, it's often something that comes up in LS chat.

Whatever you do Laff, for the love of god do not use Lilreg as a PvP benchmark.