Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » 23% Haste Reckoning +1 VS. 26% Haste Apoc
23% Haste Reckoning +1 VS. 26% Haste Apoc
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 22:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was bored today camping KA realizing Vbelt was one of the few things my DRK currently needs, and was curious as to how fast a current max Haste Build 5-Hit Reckoning Compares to Apoc in terms of TP build. When I say max haste I mean as in realistic gear that Drk can use which puts it at 23% Haste.

This was the gear set that I had in mind.

I Don't have an E:body so I put Nocturnus Mail which I do have in this set.

The conclusion I came across was that Reckoning +1 at 23% haste will actually Build TP 1 Second faster than Apocalypse 6-hit at 26% Haste.

I used FFXI Calculator to get these numbers and this is what I came Across.

Reckoning +1 5-hit 23% Haste.
With 2x March Haste and 5/5 haste Samba
Swings every 2.8 seconds Reaching 100 TP at 14 Seconds.

You Could also put yourself at 24% Haste with Ace's hose, id probably use that during diabolic eye.
24% Haste Ace's Hose combo would Swing every 2.7 Seconds Reaching 100 TP at 13.5 seconds.

Apocalypse 6-hit 26% Haste.
With 2x March Haste and 5/5 haste Samba
Swings every 2.5 seconds Reaching 100 TP at 15 Seconds.

I am not honestly sure how they compare, but I could see this combo beating a 6-hit Apoc build if you have the luxury of all that haste gear. You obviously have a higher WS frequency which could come ontop. But reckoning is only a 112 Damage scythe Vs. a 130 Damage scythe that can occassionally do double damage. But with Reckoning you can Spam Guillotine Vs. Spamming Catastrophe which in my strong opinion is a pretty ***WS.

Also before I get flamed I have access to my friends Apoc DRK account which I Play frequently, so I dont want to hear Apoc Drks flaming me saying YOU HAVENT USED APOC OMG YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, I happen to use Apoc all the time~

I just did the math and decided to post it so people can discuss so please do so, very curious as to what others think about this over all.

-Gradd
 Fenrir.Yinsha
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-13 23:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste takes
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 23:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the N sash?

/trollface
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-10-13 23:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i like apoc better because the double dmg thing that can proc + cata is awsome XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said:
i like apoc better because the double dmg thing that can proc + cata is awsome XD

Cata is not awsome, its a pretty shitty WS overral.

Its like Comparing Spinning Slash to Guillotine.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-13 23:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the average damage for Cata anyways?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent parsed it since 75 but last parse I did Cata average was 900-1k, Vs. my 1.2-1.3k Guillotines.
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-10-13 23:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe is really weak damage-wise in comparison to Guillotine or something. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention of the WS. lol Also, the double damage thing is extremely marginal. Why do people always bring that up like it's a godsend?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-13 23:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeinaitch said:
Catastrophe is really weak damage-wise in comparison to Guillotine or something. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention of the WS. lol Also, the double damage thing is extremely marginal. Why do people always bring that up like it's a godsend?
3k Jinpu's are cool.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 23:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How much haste is cata again?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The proc rate on the Double damage is close to around 5% if I remember correctly. Its really cool when you crit for 800 Damage but its so rare.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Cata is 10% Gear haste.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 23:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cata is 10% Gear haste.
Perfect. Part of the problem is you are overgear hasting with the cata build. If you gear some haste out you can still get 26% gear haste AND get a 5 hit on apoc.

Also you could go another route. Instead of trying to make a 5 hit just make a faster 6 hit with your wasted haste. Your apoc build has you hitting 33% gear haste and 76.5% haste. Take out the Vbelt to keep you capped in gear haste put in Haste belt and cap yourself at 80 without jas lol. Probably beat the 69.5% haste on the reckoning build then. Also if your brds don't have fully capped march or you hit before the dnc it would lower your haste making you get even more out of the still capped build.

Oh and that belt is pretty cheap and easy to make :)
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-13 23:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yinsha said:
Haste takes
time to proc

/prepare for being trolled
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
So I was bored today camping KA realizing Vbelt was one of the few things my DRK currently needs, and was curious as to how fast a current max Haste Build 5-Hit Reckoning Compares to Apoc in terms of TP build. When I say max haste I mean as in realistic gear that Drk can use which puts it at 23% Haste. This was the gear set that I had in mind. I Don't have an E:body so I put Nocturnus Mail which I do have in this set. The conclusion I came across was that Reckoning +1 at 23% haste will actually Build TP 1 Second faster than Apocalypse 6-hit at 26% Haste. I used FFXI Calculator to get these numbers and this is what I came Across. Reckoning +1 5-hit 23% Haste. With 2x March Haste and 5/5 haste Samba Swings every 2.8 seconds Reaching 100 TP at 14 Seconds. You Could also put yourself at 24% Haste with Ace's hose, id probably use that during diabolic eye. 24% Haste Ace's Hose combo would Swing every 2.7 Seconds Reaching 100 TP at 13.5 seconds. Apocalypse 6-hit 26% Haste. With 2x March Haste and 5/5 haste Samba Swings every 2.5 seconds Reaching 100 TP at 15 Seconds. I am not honestly sure how they compare, but I could see this combo beating a 6-hit Apoc build if you have the luxury of all that haste gear. You obviously have a higher WS frequency which could come ontop. But reckoning is only a 112 Damage scythe Vs. a 130 Damage scythe that can occassionally do double damage. But with Reckoning you can Spam Guillotine Vs. Spamming Catastrophe which in my strong opinion is a pretty ***WS. Also before I get flamed I have access to my friends Apoc DRK account which I Play frequently, so I dont want to hear Apoc Drks flaming me saying YOU HAVENT USED APOC OMG YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, I happen to use Apoc all the time~ I just did the math and decided to post it so people can discuss so please do so, very curious as to what others think about this over all. -Gradd

The 23% haste build could never beat apoc.

If you get to 25% haste you might be able to do comparable damage. you have to realize that the melee damage on apoc is massive though. I don't think reckoning's 16.7% increase in WS rate will overtake apocalypse's massive boost to melee damage.

Assuming the double proc rate of apocalypse is 5% chance of 100% bonus then apoc has a 5% melee damage bonus over reckoning. Lets also consider that apoc is like 10 more base damage. Furthermore, apocalypse has +30 accuracy, and it is technically closer to the haste cap. You also have to consider that apoc can maintain the haste cap while only wearing 16% haste gear, this means that the aftermath build is worlds apart from your TP gear. We're talkin about 40 more accuracy and 40 more STR not to mention other stats.

In conclusion I think the 5 hit max haste reckoning build will definately be a force DRK. I have no doubt that reckoning will be the 3rd best scythe hands down assuming apoc or redemp is #1 and #2.

In theory you're correct, you're just not taking into account all factors.

Oh as for cata averages: They are higher than guilli unless the mob you're fighting is very low EVA and you have very high Pdif.

Honestly drk needs a new WS in general because 20% STR modifiers arent enough with the surplus STR out in the game now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That was not an Apoc Build that I posted.

I know how to Gear for Apoc Aftermath.

An Apoc Aftermath Build would look something like this.

Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
That was not an Apoc Build that I posted. I know how to Gear for Apoc Aftermath. An Apoc Aftermath Build would look something like this.

Yes and compared to the TP build for 5 hit reckoning I think you'd find a MASSIVE difference. This will have significant impact on parse.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 23:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The only difference I notice is Brutal earring on the right for the Apoc AM build WHY GRADD?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-10-13 23:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc can 5hit while capping haste without any major losses now, but yeah. loldrk etc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 23:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
That was not an Apoc Build that I posted. I know how to Gear for Apoc Aftermath. An Apoc Aftermath Build would look something like this.
Like I said. You can get at least another 3.5% haste using haste belt. Or could keep the same gear haste and achieve a 5 hit with apoc. Might even be able to do both with certain abyssite

Also not sure if that is the right build since haven't seen much info the set bonus but assuming it was that would mean you'd have a rather signifcant effect on your dps. As if apoc didn't already lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 23:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't think reckoning's 16.7% increase in WS rate
20%*
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Yes and compared to the TP build for 5 hit reckoning I think you'd find a MASSIVE difference. This will have significant impact on parse.

Hm I dont know I might just ask on BG see what they think, if anything it will parse pretty damn close since it is building TP faster than Apoc. Plus with Atma both would be hitting FSTR Cap w/out even trying.

Also dont know how you are gearing your Cata but ive never seen one outdo a Guillotine. Anytime I play Mankeys DRK Cata never really impresses me, and his Cata build is better than 95% of Cata WS builds that I have seen.

Also @Snick Right Ear onry! O:<
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok the aftermath buidl with apoc vs your set (only taking into accoutn the interchangable pieces):

27 more STR
25 more attack
41 more accuracy

That's pretty massive. We're not even going to need to get into haste disparity to argue the conclusion here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 23:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Your reckoning set has it on the left D:
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Your reckoning set has it on the left D:

FFXIAH fails ~_~

iuno forces it over there dunno why :/
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Hm I dont know I might just ask on BG see what they think, if anything it will parse pretty damn close since it is building TP faster than Apoc. Plus with Atma both would be hitting FSTR Cap w/out even trying. Also dont know how you are gearing your Cata but ive never seen one outdo a Guillotine. Anytime I play Mankeys DRK Cata never really impresses me, and his Cata build is better than 95% of Cata WS builds that I have seen. Also @Snick Right Ear onry! O:<

Before the 85 cap I had a flawless cata set:

+63 str
+85 attack
+7% double attack
+50 accuracy.

Keep in mind that cata has no STR mod so STR atma naturally pulls other WSs ahead. Even so the basic melee damage difference of apoc would be enough to over take 5 hit, you should really see some of these parses lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 23:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with atmas I'd say apoc pulls farther. Cause part of the thing about making a 5 hit with it is a few losses here in there. Like say using a ring with -4 str instead of +6... but when you have +140 naked...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-13 23:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna poke around on BG have somebody there do the math, if anything I think there pretty damn close to each other.

This is the set I used before the 85 Cap, its pretty damn flawless if you ask me.

Still never pulled ahead of guillotine numbers.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I think reckoning might be able to challenge apoc in abysea IF the apoc player uses cata only. I don't do abysea much but the potential of having like +200 some STR when you WS seems to be a lot better than cata. The double damage proc on apoc combined with the 17! base damage difference is enough to make up for the WS rate by a long shot. I mean 17 base damage is a ***.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 23:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I'm gonna poke around on BG have somebody there do the math, if anything I think there pretty damn close to each other. This is the set I used before the 85 Cap, its pretty damn flawless if you ask me. Still never pulled ahead of guillotine numbers.

Don't bother asking blue garter. 99% of those people are failures at this game. You should ask kirschy, she's pretty intelligent.

That set seriously sucks for cata. You're over investing in attack in a game where attack buffs and food are easy as *** to obtain. Capping Fstr is much more challenging. If you own atma then I'd go for a double attack/str build.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7