Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Lowmanning Limbus
Lowmanning Limbus
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-13 01:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, as of now at 85, what would be required to low man Omega zones. Not looking for super amazing Catastrophe DRK tank 4-man or anything, just something realistic please. I'm just curious because I don't really like abyssea, and miss doing events.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 01:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

NW: Any BLM, RDM, or SCH can solo it now, do work.
NE: Duoable, trio with RDM DD DD or RDM BRD DD should have no issues. Manaburn with at least one RDM should work too as long as the RDM has melee gear in case you get the magic immune Gigas
SW: I've solo'd it without much trouble, BLU + BLM, RDM, or SCH should absolutely destroy it.
SE: RDM DD DD or RDM BRD DD, bring appropriate weapons, have fun.

Anything beyond that is just safety margin and/or allowing yourself to get more item chests.

We 5 manned Omega last week in about 5 minutes, MNK/NIN BLU/RDM WHM/SCH BRD/WHM BLM/RDM (not sure on the sub). MNK has Spharai but could have easily done without. DD/NIN DD/NIN healer BRD/WHM BLM/RDM (maybe /NIN, idk these days but ours was 1shotting pods) should still be fine, take an extra BLM if you like.

85 cap made Limbus really easy.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-10-13 01:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the level increases, my husband and I used to duo NW Apollyon weekly for fun and coin farming. We are with a ls now and as such we haven't attempted to duo for quite awhile, but I assume with the level increases we would have an even easier time of the duo now. With members dropping like flies, our limbus ls is down to about 10 or so people, I think, but we can still do all the zones we've attempted to lowman with ease.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-13 01:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

NW still risky imo with vortex screwing you sometimes, I'd suggest duo for that for most people unless highly skilled/well geared. SE can be easily duo with RDM + BLU (best job for this zone by far).
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-10-13 01:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes, I should mention. When we duo'd NW, we didn't bother to kill any bosses except Fafnir's twin and some mild playing with the behemoth. We only wiped the babies on the lower floors. First level is the worst, last two levels are the funnest. And Draylo is right, hope for a bit of luck on your vortexes, especially on the first floor. ^^ Most important, have fun! Going in to blow things up just for fun was just awesome.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 01:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
NE: Duoable, trio with RDM DD DD or RDM BRD DD should have no issues. Manaburn with at least one RDM should work too as long as the RDM has melee gear in case you get the magic immune Gigas
SW: I've solo'd it without much trouble, BLU + BLM, RDM, or SCH should absolutely destroy it.

A little perspective on this. I went in to NW for the first time, -ever- as RDM/SCH and managed to get to the final floor with moderate luck. I was unable to kill the boss due to playing too safe with the weaker behemoths and accidentally linking said boss (Wiping), but was doable.
RDM/SCH x2 can clear every single floor, including the Turtle NM, with time to spare.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 01:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

A little perspective on this. I went in to NW for the first time, -ever- as RDM/SCH and managed to get to the final floor with moderate luck. I was unable to kill the boss due to playing too safe with the weaker behemoths and accidentally linking said boss (Wiping), but was doable.
RDM/SCH x2 can clear every single floor, including the Turtle NM, with time to spare.
To be fair, RDM's going to have the hardest time with NW of the three so I probably should have added a caveat on that point. Would strongly recommend BLM or SCH over RDM. Duo with any of those jobs is 100% win.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 01:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

To be fair, RDM's going to have the hardest time with NW of the three so I probably should have added a caveat on that point. Would strongly recommend BLM or SCH over RDM. Duo with any of those jobs is 100% win.

It is doable as RDM/SCH, but you need luck similar to the luck a 75 BLM would have needed. Agreed, BLM or SCH are better choices.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-13 02:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
NW: Any BLM, RDM, or SCH can solo it now, do work. NE: Duoable, trio with RDM DD DD or RDM BRD DD should have no issues. Manaburn with at least one RDM should work too as long as the RDM has melee gear in case you get the magic immune Gigas SW: I've solo'd it without much trouble, BLU + BLM, RDM, or SCH should absolutely destroy it. SE: RDM DD DD or RDM BRD DD, bring appropriate weapons, have fun. Anything beyond that is just safety margin and/or allowing yourself to get more item chests. We 5 manned Omega last week in about 5 minutes, MNK/NIN BLU/RDM WHM/SCH BRD/WHM BLM/RDM (not sure on the sub). MNK has Spharai but could have easily done without. DD/NIN DD/NIN healer BRD/WHM BLM/RDM (maybe /NIN, idk these days but ours was 1shotting pods) should still be fine, take an extra BLM if you like. 85 cap made Limbus really easy.

What did you solo SW on?
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 03:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
What did you solo SW on?

I'm going to assume BLU.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 13:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
What did you solo SW on?
BLU/NIN. Fomors go down in like 3 spells (just watch the pull), gravity/DoT kite the boss tree, Mimics go down easy since they won't interrupt our fast spells. Elementals will take a while; might have to kite while you get MP back at times. Dark Elementals are fairly resistant to even light-based sleeps, so bear that in mind when choosing your day to enter.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 14:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest one I'd say would be NE really, maybe it's just me but the mobs never seem to cooperate with spacing out and such and you can get ***luck with the gigas. But a DD/nin and a mage can do it for sure. SE can be easily done with any DD/NIN and a mage, so long as you have proper weapons/other form of damage. NW no, any BLM can do it even if you do get unlucky. Stuff dies way too fast the only way I can possibly imagine timing out now is if you get REALLY(amd I mean really) unlucky on buffalo floor, cause those are the biggest pain. SW yeah can be solo'd but would probably be more realistic to just duo it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 14:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
NW no, any BLM can do it even if you do get unlucky.
Not if Bind doesn't wear ^^
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-10-13 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
I don't really like abyssea

=/