Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Raskovnik
Raskovnik
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-10-20 01:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed this sucker without any !! proc x; Good ol Dipperyuly ftw (= 1/1 Got the key item also, pure luck I guess.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 04:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Alexander.Xynthios said:

Just guess you have to rely on Yuly's natural TH, because a solo BST cannot activate any form of weakness I don't think... I tried every form of axe WS they have, beside relic, 15 times and no dice.

Congrats btw.

Wrong.

You can trigger !! BST/WHM. 1/2 on mantle when triggering !!. 0/12 when not.

Wrong yourself.

I tried 15 times with every single WS Beastmaster has available except Relic and Empyrean (Including Primal Rend) and had no activations.

You just got lucky as weaknesses change every pop, I just got no axe weaknesses for 15 fights, that doesn't make me "wrong".

Edit: I just saw your latest post and it still doesn't change anything, Seraph Strike still isn't a good enough proc, weaknesses change *every* round you fight it, they are NEVER the same, no matter how many people think Seraph Strike is a reliable WS for weaknesses, I tried pretty much everything in the book that BST/WHM has available and at the time, club WS's were not an option, my club skill is too gimp to even connect a hit... so unless you have some form of club skill it won't work and even then it may still fail.

It requires luck and nothing more, also... as you mentioned, you're *duo'ing* Raskovnik, which is a completely different scenario since 2 people are better for finding a weakness.

We're talking about *solo*, on average soloing you get only about 3-4 WS's in before you have to stop engaging due to the charm AoE.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-21 05:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys know there's 11 other weapons that can proc the blue !! other than axe, right...? Just saying.
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 06:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
You guys know there's 11 other weapons that can proc the blue !! other than axe, right...? Just saying.

Errm, but BST isn't really capable of using many of those 11... I know of a possible 3... and even then not all BST will have the weapon skill or capability, Scythe, Club and Axe are all a BST can use I believe, and I've not heard of Scythe WS's procing a weakness and what sort of club would a BST use? Warp Cudgel?

Lol.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-21 06:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a screenshot of a NIN fighting Brooder with a holiday weapon (1 damage club) just for the sake of proccing blue !! on it. Pretty sure that was uploaded here somewhere.

A warp cudgel would be a step ahead from that I would think.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-21 06:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well sometime you might want a lower dmg weapon to proc. Been a few times we've fought nms and we ran the risk or sometimes ended up killing the nm before cycling thru. Or had to tp on other mobs instead lol
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 06:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
There's a screenshot of a NIN fighting Brooder with a holiday weapon (1 damage club) just for the sake of proccing blue !! on it. Pretty sure that was uploaded here somewhere.

A warp cudgel would be a step ahead from that I would think.

Not really the point I was trying to put across, it's not just the type of club, it's that BST fails with club in general, our skill is less than average (D rank) and I doubt a BST would even contemplate using one, why would they? We're strongest with Axe's then Scythe's so I can truly understand a Scythe.

My club skill is like 103 or something, because I had no interest in leveling that skill, look at my jobs, none of them even use a club. >.>

If you have a club skill then you can try procing a "!!" but like i mentioned in a previous comment, it is persistence and luck that will activate it, for example...

I had 3 different groups fighting Turul, and we had around 8 different weapon types in the alliance... we tried every WS from Axe to Great Axe to Katana, to Staff, to Club to Great Katana, to Sword and to Dagger and absolutely none of them activated a weakness, so I'm guessing we got bad luck all 3 times and it was another type of weapon... same thing here really, if an Axe is your only form of weakness attempt, then you have a very low chance of activating it. (1/12, approximately an 8.33% chance)

Not to mention, that when soloing this guy as a BST, you can't just screw around trying to spam WS's, its all about how many pets he chews through before you kill it, you need to engage for the first 50% and that time is spent building TP and trying for a weakness, past 49%, you can't even stay engaged for 2 rounds before you need to retreat again (due to Soothing Aroma), in a duo or trio, perhaps you could try a bit more for an activation, but solo... you honestly don't get much of a chance if you want to win.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-21 06:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, BST can proc 8/13 of the red !!, technically speaking. Anyway, we're talking about blue, so it's a MUCH more varied pool of WS to choose from.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-21 06:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls has found similar bad luck with red... and as far as we can tell you can't proc while it's doing a move. Which for Iron giants seemed to count there normal attack lol
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 06:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, BST can proc 8/13 of the red !!, technically speaking. Anyway, we're talking about blue, so it's a MUCH more varied pool of WS to choose from.

Did I mention that I also tried to activate Blue and Yellows too? I guess not... well I did try 15 times also to activate these, only with Axe of course because I have no other weapon leveled that high, including Scythe... even though we can utilize Scythe just as well, The thought of having a weapon that swings that slow puts me off Scythe's.

I did try all the Physical WS types though for axe and it didn't activate any time, and I also used all forms of /WHM enfeebles and such with no luck also.

You might think it's easy to activate a weakness solo but it's not easy at all, unless you have all kinds of weapons leveled, particular subs (/SCH or /BLM, which not everyone has) or people to help you (which I didn't have, nor did I want any.), I just wanted to get my Ferine Mantle solo, And I achieved that without any weaknesses, so... whatever.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-21 06:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
My ls has found similar bad luck with red... and as far as we can tell you can't proc while it's doing a move. Which for Iron giants seemed to count there normal attack lol

Yeah, this is absolutely true. My BST LS has done about 5 Pulverizers...2 of which have despawned due to the bug, and the other 3 we couldn't trigger after doing each possible WS over 3 times each.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-21 06:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah, this is absolutely true. My BST LS has done about 5 Pulverizers...2 of which have despawned due to the bug, and the other 3 we couldn't trigger after doing each possible WS over 3 times each.
Yeah we ended up just timing it. Have melees with tp run in. Stun it. ws. run out. God it was funny watching it rocket around and ***lol
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 06:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kaiye said:
Just killed this sucker without any !! proc x; Good ol Dipperyuly ftw (= 1/1 Got the key item also, pure luck I guess.

On a more serious note: Kaiye I hate you. =)

Only joking, congrats. ^^
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-10-21 09:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

>;3 Haha thanks!
 Odin.Mejinx
Server: Odin
user: Mejinx
By Odin.Mejinx 2010-11-03 11:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I officially hate this guy. 1/35 now with my duoing partner (got the drop somewhere after about 30 kills for my friend) and I still need the mantle. Last night we proc'd blue and he still didn't drop the damn mantle. Stingy bastid!
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-11-03 11:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BST can proc Blue !!.

Only if the NM was claimed between 14:00-22:00 game time, and can only be done by Mistral Axe or Decimation.

If you think im trolling, im really not
 Odin.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2010-11-03 18:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo with Mejinx, and as he said, we proc'd blue and it didn't drop~! WTF, I thought that was a guaranteed drop? Apparently not...
/sigh, will keep trying.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-11-03 18:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue !! increases it from like 5-10% to around 50%. I've procced many a blues and seen roughly half of them drop the rare item.

Its not 100% :<
 Odin.Jryan
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2010-11-03 18:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got ferine mantle last night, 1/3 duo. Heres how I did it. I brought a friend who is able to change to all 3 jobs with piercing dmg, thf rng and drg. Have them come as rng first (8 blue!! ws) then drg (3 blue!! ws) then thf last (2 blue!! dagger ws which BST can't use).

Pull raskovnik between in game times 6:00 - 14:00 in order to lock him into the piercing ws blue !! trigger phase. Have your friend use all the necessary blue !! trigger ws in each job, while you on BST hold the mob with Yuly. I recommend having friend go as RNG first as they have 8 ws at their disposal which can trigger blue !!. DRG has 3 and THF has 4. Click this for the information you need about which ws to use.

A few hints:

1) Having the regain atma from Eve (Voracious Violet) helps greatly with this.

2) Blue !! doesn't guarantee a ferine mantle drop. First time I did this and triggered blue !! it didn't drop, no other !! were triggered at that time, only blue !!. I've seen this twice, once on Turul, triggered blue !! no Loki's kaftan drop.

3) You can cover 2 of the 4 THF blue !! trigger ws on BST with a dagger in your main hand. Both eviseration and shadow stitch can be used by BST. So have your friend bring THF (for dancing edge and shark bite) last of his/her jobs when all other WS have been exhausted.

Good luck.