Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-30 09:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure it would work at all at the moment if the set isnt complete surely..

the other sets arent in increments just use full set get the augment.

seeing how natively blm gets Conserve MP @ 20 i cant help but feel thats what's been proc'ing for you. (oh shiii i used the p word)

how does conserve MP and MAB directly correlate.. im confused
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-09-30 09:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that would be a nice augment, nuke harder while expending less MP.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-30 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe its time to get some more conserve mp gear. We can save mp and nuke harder at the same time.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-30 11:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

sorcerer's sabots

Finally, a use for these terrible feet! Lol joking :p

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 14:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be a crit unless he is wearing crit gear. Or has like an atma for it. So unless you are assuming he is lieing about that since I doubt he tested in abyssea he didn't crit

Also pretty sure other empyrean sets have been showing incremental set bonuses
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 14:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Chomeymatt said:
Conserve mp does not give you MAB +. Really dumb idea. Again only time conserve mp procs is when you're spamming d2's for people after an events.
Did you read the thread at all? It's not about conserve mp itself doing it but that "augment conserve mp" changes it to that.

Kinda like cover only covers an enemy but with valor surcoat some dmg is taken is converted to mp. Or saotome haidate gives 3rd eye the ability to counter

Side note: I certainly hope they continue stacking AND the armor stays being top nuking since well actually it isn't necessarily top nuking now and 5mab just on converse mp isn't that hot certainly not worth gearing for
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 15:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh magian weapons only lost like 10macc anyways. Now we just super overkill on it. Especially since jobs like rdm and sch can nuke pretty much anything nukable nowadays.

Also speaking of other good nuking af3s did you see blu feet!?! OMFG /drool. It's better than any 2 blm peices combine
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-06 09:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has someone done more testing by now? I'm about to get my second piece but I don't really test it by myself < < Ya I'm lazy.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-06 12:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Chomeymatt said:
Conserve mp does not give you MAB +. Really dumb idea. Again only time conserve mp procs is when you're spamming d2's for people after an events.

Do you play this game? You do know that "AUGMENTS" means that it changes the ability. Which means it could add a MAB+5 for every additional piece of gear you wear. For a total of MAB+25 during conserve mp procs, if you finish a spell in full AF3+2. It seems that most, if not all, AF3+2 have an incremental bonus like Campaign gears and unlike Salvage gears.

"ENHANCES" means that it gives some sort of bonus to the actual ability. This means that it will likely increase the rate of conserve mp proc'ing. Which, by the way, isn't written on the AF3+2 BLM gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-15 07:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so maybe someone of you can help me. I got the +legs and head awhile ago but in the last 2 days my nukes were strange. I agad shitloads of chigoes for time, about 500 in total if i look at my parser and once my nukes did double the dmg. Usually its 800 but it did 1500 once to all.
Then a bit later I fought the T2 vnm and my Burst II did double the dmg there aswell. Today this happened:

My normal Burst II does around 2400 on these so thats double damage again. I don't use any magic crit gear, just the eradico mitts which gives increase magic crit damage but I cant crit without any gear for that. Then again it cant really be the head or legs since conserve mp activates too much for that.
The atmas I used were Allure and Minikin for the first 2 nukes, then Baying moon and Minikin today.
Edit: Just did a 4500 Freeze II, was maybe conserve mp but im not really sure
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-15 08:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the Augment is like the weapons from abyssea.

"Occasionally does double damage."

It would make sense, right? If conserve mp procs 25% of the time, and then the augment to conserve mp, only activates 1/10 times, with two pieces of gear. That would mean, out of every 40 spells or so, you'd do double damage once or so, obviously could be higher, or less because its all % based. Just a total guess on numbers here. I figured that the hands/body would add more to it, and the feet as well. So giving 5/10 still leaving room for it not proc'ing.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-15 09:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs and Head
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Best idea is to do real testing. Go out and throw out a whole bunch of nukes with just those 2 peices on. Note any differences on the same nukes.

Then try again with a little bit more MAB but same everything else gear. Note differences. Do lots of math. Or post numbers and I can do it.

It might do something really crazy like turn all conserve mp procs into crits or some junk lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Should've tried a T2 nuke or higher when testing. Adds a button of int or something lol. Or ignores mob int?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-15 12:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

It might do something really crazy like turn all conserve mp procs into crits or some junk lol

^This, looks like conserve mp doubles nukes which in a sense is conserving MP. One thing I'd like to know, are you still getting reduced mp costs for nukes?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-15 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

does what I said earlier make sense?
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Maybe the Augment is like the weapons from abyssea.

"Occasionally does double damage."

It would make sense, right? If conserve mp procs 25% of the tinge, and then the augment to conserve mp, only activates 1/10 times, with two pieces of gear. That would mean, out of every 40 spells or so, you'd do double damage once or so, obviously could be higher, or less because its all % based. Just a total guess on numbers here. I figured that the hands/body would add more to it, and the feet as well. So giving 5/10 still leaving room for it not proc'ing.
Also, adding, the double damage would only proc when conserve mp procs.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-15 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but everyone so far has said they haven't noticed whether or not CMP is procing when they see double damage. That leads me to believe it may no longer reduce mp cost (unless they just didn't pay attention to their MP) but increase potency instead. I could be wrong though, would like to know if mp reduction is still happening or not. If it is then your idea is probably correct.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-15 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the refresh that goes on, I'm sure it can be hard to catch now.

If it does change conserve mp to switch from mp conservation, by reducing the cost, and ocassionally replace it with double dmg, like u say, that too would make sense.

Side note, I'm too lazy to go look, but the war, and thf have augments to triple and double attack on thier afv3. How are those augments? Maybe whatever the augment, it's similar to BLM's.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-15 16:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Conserve mp seemed to have a lower proc rate but im not 100% sure. It certainly did proc without any damage difference, maybe a really small one but cant compare that to double damage. I did aloooooot of nukes in the last few days and maybe saw the proc 5 times? I dont know if aga counts as a single spell or if it could proc on every mob you aga, if so then i killed about 2k mobs (chigoes in attohwa) with about 5 procs.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-16 06:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna do some small testing now. Conserve Mp procced but no difference in damage, gonna continue this for awhile

Edit: Just did about 50 Blizzard 1 nukes on mobs in sauremugue champaign, all nukes did the same damage, 1 was resisted during conserve mp procs. About 10 conserve mp procs =/. Gonna test how much damage boost the Eradico mitts give.
First Page 2