Apoc Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc dead?
Apoc dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure with the update Apoc is all but dead in the DD world, DRK shifting more towards a low man tank roll? I don't see it keeping up with 5hit OAT SAM 5Hit Amano or to any degree unless they allow Cata to break Haste Tier. Simple fact is, DRK can't keep up with WAR or SAM by just giving us increased Crit dmg....
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-29 17:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call it "dead" by any stretch of the imagination...

>_>
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 17:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If Quietus is as strong as the other empyrean weaponskills....
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-29 17:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... the fact that other DDs have it much easier capping gear haste does really suck for Apoc. The haste "advantage" Apoc users once had is kinda gone now... =/

And I don't really see SE increasing gear haste cap, nor do I see SE allowing Cata to break haste cap.

I really wish SE would at least start by increasing Last resort's duration to 3 minutes...

There's no way that that can break DRK these days, if anything, I actually see it as a necessity to increase last resort's duration now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think with next update OAT Scythe will be able to out parse Apoc in most situations sadly, but in the same sense its kinda good, SE allowing knowledgeable DD's to compete/parse higher then dumb relic users is a good step in the game imo
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-29 17:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

I spy a Bellicose Mantle.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

whoops lol STP mantle
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 18:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
I wouldn't call it "dead" by any stretch of the imagination...

>_>
As DRK gains better haste gear (Bale head +2 sup), the haste gap closes. You're then comparing the ability to use Guillotine versus stronger TP gear and a self-healing WS (which isn't always a big deal). If you're not using Catastrophe with Apoc, we're rapidly moving towards a point where you'd be better off with an entirely different weapon. Liberator's pretty strong right now. Empyrean could beat Apoc, if the WS is good. Don't laugh, but I could actually see it getting to a point where Ragnarok is at least competitive with Apocalypse if they close the haste gap and allow nonrelic DRKs to cap gear haste.

Other DDs capping gear haste (and SAM doesn't even need to /DRG) is pretty bad news for DRK too, since that was Apoc's big draw.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-09-29 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep up with the ToM that raise their stats you will still endup owning the highest DMG weapon along with the additionale buffs and occasional damage boost.
At lvl 99 Apoc will probably endup with something like 40 Accuracy on it alone, meaning you will be able to access different armor options to reach haste cap, buff STP trait etc.
Apoc's WS has always and only been good for that 1 reason, meaning if new and better ways of hitting cap become available you will be finally free to use other {better} WS and see higher DMG results proc.

Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-29 18:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people say the OAT weps are pretty close to relics, especially now that haste is easier to cap (as you said), but that would be the only instance where I could see it being "dead". Comparing it to other relics, to me, doesn't kill it, as they are all top of the line weapons and hard to obtain. Only if something that is massively easier to obtain and better would really kill it.

Even then, it (Apoc) will always have some sort of use, right? ._.

Edit: this was directed at Mankey and Night~
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-09-29 18:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Those "WS Killing blow" x 1500 & x 2000 ToM sure suck though, as if building a relic wasn't enough of a time sink :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-29 18:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I will never understand everyone's fascination with Apocalypse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-29 18:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They could make the level 99 version of relics some sort of 'final version' or something, adding more stats, a HQ, or adding TotM trials, which is likely. Also, don't relics have a hidden effect of an occasional 2-4x dmg boost depending on the weapon?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-29 18:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc has blind, discussion over!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 18:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
I know people say the OAT weps are pretty close to relics, especially now that haste is easier to cap (as you said), but that would be the only instance where I could see it being "dead". Comparing it to other relics, to me, doesn't kill it, as they are all top of the line weapons and hard to obtain. Only if something that is massively easier to obtain and better would really kill it.

Even then, it (Apoc) will always have some sort of use, right? ._.

Edit: this was directed at Mankey and Night~
Apoc atm to me is a amazing low man tanking weapon, ability to self cure, cap haste, and be a competent DD while doing all this and easily capping enm makes it shine to me. Going by night though, i truly see the Rag coming to light by 99 and being a very efficient DD weapon
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 18:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
They could make the level 99 version of relics some sort of 'final version' or something, adding more stats, a HQ, or adding TotM trials, which is likely. Also, don't relics have a hidden effect of an occasional 2-4x dmg boost depending on the weapon?
Those procs add about a 10% increase overall to your DOT, it isnt as ground breaking as OAT/Stage3 aftermath on Mythics
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wait the aftermath on CATA (the haste boost) is "gear haste" technically? I thought it was non-JA magic haste, that would bring you to the 80 cap with haste (spell) and 2x march....
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-29 18:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
wait the aftermath on CATA (the haste boost) is "gear haste" technically? I thought it was non-JA magic haste, that would bring you to the 80 cap with haste (spell) and 2x march....

Counts as gear haste.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 18:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Its gear haste, why you see general Apoc users in 16% haste while aftermath is up. This is currently the best build imo(Could switch to Grim Cur if acc permits.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-29 18:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
It's gear haste, yes, but that lets you TP in more actual damage-increasing gear (Ares comes to mind, though I'm sure there's better stuff now), and less Haste gear. Which regardless of how you look at it, still increases your damage.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-09-29 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

should of got urself an Aegis instead w
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize it was gear haste...no wonder they are cutting themselves now lol
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 18:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
It's gear haste, yes, but that lets you TP in more actual damage-increasing gear (Ares comes to mind, though I'm sure there's better stuff now), and less Haste gear. Which regardless of how you look at it, still increases your damage.
Its only issue is, you HAVE to use Cata, which is a gimp WS in comparison to Guillotine :(
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 18:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Eikechi makes a funny post in every thread, I /salute thee.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-29 18:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for the Record, Quietus is incredibly powerful. Triple Damage that Ignores Defense, with about the same fTP as a 300TP Spiral Hell. It's right up there with Fudo, in terms of "WTF STRONG?!" Except it also benefits from DRK's ability to deliver exceptional power on a single blow. You're looking at a weapon skill that really has a hard time coming in under 2500 on Abyssea mobs, with Atmas, you're looking at a weapon skill that can one-shot the Roaming Avatars like Jala.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Eikechi makes a funny post in every thread, I /salute thee.

I try...I try, but I don't try to troll... i do try to keep it informed 99% of the time :P
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-29 18:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just use 23% haste in gear and use guillotine?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-09-29 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste takes time to proc
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-29 18:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Haste takes time to proc
touche
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 18:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Just for the Record, Quietus is incredibly powerful. Triple Damage that Ignores Defense, with about the same fTP as a 300TP Spiral Hell. It's right up there with Fudo, in terms of "WTF STRONG?!" Except it also benefits from DRK's ability to deliver exceptional power on a single blow. You're looking at a weapon skill that really has a hard time coming in under 2500 on Abyssea mobs, with Atmas, you're looking at a weapon skill that can one-shot the Roaming Avatars like Jala.
this, some dude did a 3.4k torcleaver to Prudence with random stuff and sneak attack.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9