ToM Staves and/or swords for RDM
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-03 07:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'd like to know why you need to be meleing dumbass, cos shield can proc while not engaged and the -19% pdt 24 def always proc yo.

Last I checked, your shield can't proc if you are running, terror'd, stunned, petrified etc -- situations which RDM can find itself in quite a lot these days.

I was incorrect in my terminology though, I should have stated straight-tanking as opposed to meleeing.

Quote:
You don't know what cratio is. the effectiveness of def is independant of the enemy's attack. If you def goes from 400 to 420 you take 9.5% less damage because cratio is locally proportional to 1/def.

How is it 9.5%? Since it is ~independent of enemy attack (aside from cRatio rounding which affects it a small amount), I can use any value I like.

500 Attack, 400 Defence => 1.25 cRatio.
500 Attack, 420 Defence => 1.19 cRatio.

Reduction in damage => 0.06/1.19 = 5.04%.

How are you getting 9.5%?

Quote:
I said NMs worth a damn. AV, Kirin, Byakko, Salvage boss, Omega, ultima, Odin, Tiamat. Either immune or stupidly easy to land.

AV - not killable without zerg at 75
Kirin - idk, never tried enfeebling him properly at that level
Byakko - Not immune to enfeebles: if you had perfect gear you could land some.
Salvage boss - not worth a damn. Salvage was a ***event, get over it.
Not even gonna continue the list as your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bias is obvious.

Sky was an incredible moneymaker and your enfeebling gear did matter for just about anything big there. You'll counter with blahblahblah sell salvage gear - we don't have your gimp luck with these things, and so this is nowhere near as practical as (largely) 100% drops.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-03 09:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky was such a cash cow. Dunno how it is now, I assume it's not so I just save up my gems/stones to eventually help friends get their speed legs. Maybe I'll finally get Byakko's Haidate in the process.

Doesn't really matter if it still is good money because abyssea is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE money. People really pay 400k+ for things that can be solo'd in 1 stone's time.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-03 10:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Last I checked, your shield can't proc if you are running, terror'd, stunned, petrified etc -- situations which RDM can find itself in quite a lot these days.

19% pdt AND 24 DEF and 10 eva is always better than earth staff (plus it has more vit ..). Stop finding justification for bas gear choices.

Quote:

How is it 9.5%? Since it is ~independent of enemy attack (aside from cRatio rounding which affects it a small amount), I can use any value I like.

500 Attack, 400 Defence => 1.25 cRatio.
500 Attack, 420 Defence => 1.19 cRatio.

Reduction in damage => 0.06/1.19 = 5.04%.

How are you getting 9.5%?

Doesn't depend on attack :

new_dmg/old_dmg=(500/420)/(500/400)=(1/420)/(1/400)=(x/420)/(x/400)

9.5% :

new_dmg/old_dmg=0.95 I meant you take 95% of the previous so -5%. Following this logic 24 def plus 2 from the vit difference gives 26 def so in the end the reduction is

(1-x-0.19)*def/(def+26) which has to be compared to (1-x-0.20)

With 400 def and 40% pdt in other slot, the combo sword+shield is equivalent to (1-0.40-0.19)*400/426=0.385 while earth staff does 0.40

Quote:

Sky was an incredible moneymaker and your enfeebling gear did matter f.

Better than 500k/h selling soulflayers staves to lolcrafters ? Better than selling Tranquilizers 2M ? Don't think so tim.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-03 11:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Lamian Kaman -1 farming and then crafting them into Kaman/+1

700k/hour by NQ'ing them all. and +1.5m per HQ.

Typical noob answer. I have tried TH4 farming lamian kaman -1. It's just plainly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, the droprate is extremely low etc. Come back when you know wtf you talk about.

Apparently all noobs think crafting make moneyz.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Ianpyst
Server: Gilgamesh
user: ianpyst
By Gilgamesh.Ianpyst 2010-11-03 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just block or ignore Pimpchan. He loves to spread his stupidity around.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Entourage
Server: Caitsith
user: Entourage
By Caitsith.Entourage 2010-11-04 01:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oh man if only Pimpchan was on Caitsith, then he'd know who he was talking to.

and wtf people farm? haven't done that since '06 >.>

/end useful post.
By Serj 2010-11-04 02:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
I'd like to know why you need to be meleing dumbass, cos shield can proc while not engaged and the -19% pdt 24 def always proc yo.

Really? I'm curious since that wouldn't follow suit with parrying and guarding. I'm not trolling, I'm asking a question lol.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Krousis +1 is not better than Patronus on any enemy TP moves which either ignore DEF or get a cRatio boost, which are the type which kill you.

This, really. Also, dark rings for pdt 4+ aren't too terribly hard to come by. And as a mnk, stacking defense in my pdt set is just a terrible idea, so don't generalize. (I realize these are rdm forums, but blanket statement apply just as well in any forum.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 02:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Really? I'm curious since that wouldn't follow suit with parrying and guarding. I'm not trolling, I'm asking a question lol.
Yes you can. Just need to be more or less facing mob
By Serj 2010-11-04 03:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Serj said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Yes you can. Just need to be more or less facing mob

Huh, snifty. I'm used to putting all mobs that I've agroed on one side of me as mnk and being engaged lol.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-04 04:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Entourage said:

and wtf people farm? haven't done that since '06 >.>

This game entirely relies on making gil. No gil = you suck.