Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-09-26 09:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Please stop beeing stupid.

@ Fishermen

You are selling your Black Sole's for 10k per stack. When you can head to nashmau and fish Mercanbaligi that sells for about 8400 per stack to npc, and have a hell of a better bite rate than black sole's. And no AH fee, no waiting for someone to buy them. Why?

@ Chef's

Earth Crystal: 125 Gil
Box Of Tarutaru Rice: 417 Gil
Rice vinegar: ~250 Gil
Black Sole: 917 Gil
Distilled Water: ~10 Gil
Jar Of Ground Wasabi: ~1900 Gil

(prices taken from FFXIAH except for wasabi, vinegar and water)

-----------------------------------------------------------

3619 Gil per synth x6 = 21714 Gil per stack synthed.

A stack of sole sushi sells for ~25-27 k on ragnarok, so lets say 26k.

26000 - 21714 = 4268

That's your profit for 1 stack of sole sushi, provided you didnt break any synth (Or didn't HQ). Break 1 synth and you wont make any profit, break 2 synths and you lose gil. Whats the point? Even cooking 100+6 breaks on a synth every now and then.

Reason I even make this post is because I changed to ragnarok from carbuncle yesterday. On there a stack of sole sushi went for 35-40 k, and a stack of HQ's went for 90-100k.

That's a big difference D:

Cooking is one of the few crafts you can still make gil from in this game. Don't ruin it by beeing stupid.

Even for me who fish my own fish for sole sushi dont make enough profit for it to be worth the effort at these prices. How can people that actually buy their fish figure that it's worth it?

[+]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-09-26 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I do the same thing on my 2nd account, it almost seems not worth it. Very labor intensive but it will build up eventually.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2010-09-26 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I totaly agree with you. i've been a month without internet so i don't know how the things are going on ragnarok right now, however when i was one of the cooker's of ragnarok (100+3) i've spent too much time being frustrated from ppl who undercut the price too much.

Just go and see the tavnazian taco. Those are one of the longest and more difficoult recipes in the whole game for the cookers. for those stupid gillseller named ABC (with tons of other mule like PMO or whatelse) sometimes you can find a stack for 13k.

same thing with the cream puf or the marinara pizza's (sometimes sold at 2.5k the NQ and 4k the HQ making you only loose gils).

i've found that fishing + cooking can give me a slight better metod to do more gills however... there are too many piece of a moron in our server.

[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-26 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I never bothered with Sole sushi, the margins were too low. Squid sushi was much more profitable, and a lot easier to HQ. And sold quicker, IIRC, on a Friday or Saturday, I could sell upwards of 80 stacks.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-09-26 11:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Snooch

You make 10k more per stack on carby than I do on ragna :( I made pretty nice profit from sole sushi on carby when fishing my own fish.

But yeah. If the fishers would raise the price on black sole to a reasonable price (15-20 k per stack imo) that would raise the price on sole sushi as well. And those who like their 3 k per stack prfit can still get it, while the ones that like to make gil can fish their own fish and make a decent chunk of gil.

I kinda figured, that these ppl who are selling fish on this server might not know about nashmau? I'm there now fishing and I'm all alone lol.

8ish k/stack @NPC and higher bite rate > fishing black soles for 10 k/stack

Just common sense.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-09-26 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If needed, I'm more than willing to show the fishermen of Ragnarok where this nashmau is (since they obviously havent found it yet). I'll take them by their hand and walk them there, in a line.

Once they're safe there, I'll show them the NPC Wata Khamazom. Let's make it a field trip! Bring your own rod and bait :D

Edit: Dont like making gil? Then keep down rating me! it'll really make a difference ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-07 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok:

Carbuncle:

I should never have moved :(
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-07 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

then go back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2010-10-07 13:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What bait do you use to target Mercanbaligi? I haven't gotten to the point that I can start fishing for them but I will be there soon I hope. Bahamut is at like 26k for a stack of Sole Sushi too. ;_;
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-07 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to talk about a *** *** server? Talk about the RMT mules of Lakshmi. They drive the price to the ground and then flood the AH with another 50 stacks.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-07 13:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said:
What bait do you use to target Mercanbaligi? I haven't gotten to the point that I can start fishing for them but I will be there soon I hope. Bahamut is at like 26k for a stack of Sole Sushi too. ;_;

shrimp lure, works on both the money fishes in nashmau.

Ragnarok.Corres said:
then go back.
you know about the 90 days? But yeah, it would probably be easier to convince SE to let me change server before the 90 days are up than to convince the crafters on ragnarok to stop beeing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-10-07 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafters on Ragnarok are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I'm so glad I ended up leaving.
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-07 14:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
then go back.
you know about the 90 days? But yeah, it would probably be easier to convince SE to let me change server before the 90 days are up than to convince the crafters on ragnarok to stop beeing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
yeah i know about that too well.
now as far as crafting goes there's atm only 1 thing that can bring you money and that is cooking right? cuz everyone loves that acc+ and stuff. i for my part know 5 persons that have cooking up to 100 (not counted in their mules).
people undercutting your price? that's unfortunate but if you want more then go to SE and cry about that. People can sell for what price they choose. And as far an i'm concerned there's no reason for me to make it more expensive.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-07 14:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
then go back.
now as far as crafting goes there's atm only 1 thing that can bring you money and that is cooking right? cuz everyone loves that acc+ and stuff. i for my part know 5 persons that have cooking up to 100 (not counted in their mules).
people undercutting your price? that's unfortunate but if you want more then go to SE and cry about that. People can sell for what price they choose. And as far an i'm concerned there's no reason for me to make it more expensive.
Undercutting? If thats what you wanna call it. If you're happy with spending x hours of fishing and x days of growing rice just to make 2 k per stack of sushi, good for you.

You call it undercutting, I call it HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.. You'll make more gil killing EP mobs and NPC'ing the xtals they drop.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-07 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
then go back.
Undercutting? If thats what you wanna call it. If you're happy with spending x hours of fishing and x days of growing rice just to make 2 k per stack of sushi, good for you.

You call it undercutting, I call it HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.. You'll make more gil killing EP mobs and NPC'ing the xtals they drop.
i got what you wanted to say at your opening post. but let me put it this way: you don't feel like you can get enough out of it. compared to "normal" farming (i.e. killing mobs) this doesn't pay off anymore right? then don't do it. i don't earn gil by crafting and bcnm's anymore i kill mobs and if am lucky i get some stuff dropped that i can craft out of it. but other than that: it does not pay off anymore.
Sure standing a long time there fishing using up your bait maybe even breaking your Fishing-rod sucks.
Boyahda Tree Gobbues 6k for one piece of that wood they drop for NPC. maybe go this route.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-07 15:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well. The point wasn't that I dont know how to make gil. The point I was trying to make is that people are stupid, aparently more so on some servers than others.

Anyone who has even the slight bit of logic in their brain would see that selling sushi for 24k per stack isn't really worth the efford. And that was the point.

I work way too much to have much time left over for playing. So when I'm online I might as well park myself in nashmau and NPC fish, instead of fishing in port jeuno. That doesnt really bother me.

On this server Nashmau > sole sushi for profit.

But even so, I dont understand why people basically work for free. Seems like the fishermen and chefs on this server dont fish/cook in order to make any gil, but more like they are trying to provide players with the cheapest possible food. Which isn't very logical in a game where everything i based on gil (except for ToM these days)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-10-07 15:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple of points to make here:

1) Supply & demand. I'll leave it at that.

2) No. of crafters. There may be a ton more cooks / fishermen on your new server than your old one.

But here's the kicker...

3) Cooking is the easiest craft in the game. You make a profit more often than not when skilling up, my mule is 91 cooking and my total play time is less than 10 days. You can skill up for around 9-10 levels on Sole Sushi. You want the money back as quickly as possible to keep on crafting, so you don't care about undercutting or even losing gil. If just 3 ppl are leveling cooking at the same time you have a ton of Sushi and a bunch of ppl who don't care about losing a bit.

On a mule you can fill it with the ingredients to make a bunch of items. 4k profit X 25 stacks = 100k and the speed they sell you can do that all day long.

Think about the crafts where you lose big on NQ but win big on HQ. It is the same principle. You are still turning a profit on NQ so think yourself lucky there is still money to be made on the NQ. The time to complain is when the NQ LOSES money!
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-08 03:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Supply & demand. Gee thanks. I would have never guessed. And i cant think of one good reason to skill up on sushi really. Point still stands. Sure someone can make 2-3k/stack for hours of work, while if they spent that same amount of time doing something else they would make a lot more gil/hr. So, why work harder for less return? That is what is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-10-08 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for stating the obvious, but that is why I didn't go into detail or start explaining what supply and demand is!

I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to skill up on Sushi personally! Why would you want to skill up on something that doesn't sell or doesn't stack when there is a profit making synth available - especially with Artisans Advantage in effect reducing critical loses!

As I said the reason people sell so low is the same as any other craft - the profit is in the HQ not the NQ. Once the NQ no longer makes any profit, then you got a point!
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-08 10:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Schmule said:
Sorry for stating the obvious, but that is why I didn't go into detail or start explaining what supply and demand is!

I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to skill up on Sushi personally! Why would you want to skill up on something that doesn't sell or doesn't stack when there is a profit making synth available - especially with Artisans Advantage in effect reducing critical loses!

As I said the reason people sell so low is the same as any other craft - the profit is in the HQ not the NQ. Once the NQ no longer makes any profit, then you got a point!

Because as low as the sushi is selling for (on this server) you already barely make any profit without any breaks. Add breaks due to low skill (for skilling up on sushi) and there will be a loss rather than a profit.

But lets assume that people are skilling up on sushi, wouldn't it make even more sense that they would wanna make gil from skilling up? I could see a 5k difference in price from 1 server to another when it comes to consumables, but when there's a 10-15 k difference per stack, you have to agree that something is wrong.

Especially since the most expensive ingredients can only be bought off NPC, which has the same price no matter what server you are on.

Edit: marron glace, serving of yellow curry and bowl of mushroom stew would all be better for skillups in my opinion.
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-10-08 10:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Schmule > all
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-10-08 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fundamentally I agree with you, just want to make that clear. I would love to be able to sell my Sushi at 15k stack more than it does (though tbh, rarely make Sole anymore) but I can see why it doesn't. Cross server prices are one thing, what I don't understand is why Taco's on Gilgamesh went from 50k a stack to 25k a stack in a week - now that is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! And there is no point in me blaming RMT, I'm fairly sure the big companies have more gil than they get rid of these days. As for the synths you've listed, well none of them stack so that is a no-no as far as I am concerned, unless my hand is forced or they are npc-able.

There was a time where crafters could control the market to the point where a massive losses on NQ's meant that few people could afford to even level the craft, resulting in less competition for the big money or HL synths.

I would also have loved that motherless douche Goldsmitingooo not to have dropped the price of HQ staves in a month to under 100k. I see that since the ores drop so frequently now the price was bound to drop, but this guy was undercutting himself by 50k a time!!

Of course, we are forgetting the other side of this coin.... great news for the buyers!
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-10-08 11:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys should learn how to cook Atmas
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-08 11:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. My alternatives for skillups isn't stackable, I give you that. I'm sure there is stackable options though that would still be better options to skill up on around lv 80.

Keep in mind that the ingreds you buy from NPC only costs almost 15k for a stack of sushi. Which is why the price should be kept higher imo. There is no way to farm, grow or in any other way obtaining those ingreds. You are forced to buy from NPC. Now had SE added a recipy for wasabi and vinegar, it would be a whole different thing. Then you would have the option to either make the wasabi/vinegar yourself and save some gil (or make a bigger profit for more work) or buy it off the NPC for a less profit for less work.

As for your Taco, it's pretty much the same as my example with sushi. I dont make taco though, never have. Because of the 50 million synths it takes just to make 1 stack lol.

I usually dot do sushi either, but since I'm skilling up fishing right now it seemed to be pretty logical to fish ingreds that I can make food of and make some gil.

And ofcourse it's a big deal for me having to sell stacks of sushi for almost 15 k less per stack after my server tranfer. that's 105k loss for every 7 stack I put up. That's a lot of gil (for beeing a cook).
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-08 11:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And my point still stands when it comes to the fishermen.

Why sell black soles for 1k each?

Mercanbaligi sells to NPC for 600 each/ 7200 per stack

Ahtapot sells to NPC for 700 each.

Assuming you fish up 50% of each, that would make a 130k instant profit without AH taxes or waiting for anyone to buy your fish. You can fish up 200 of these fishes in about 4 hours in nashmau, while if I fish up black soles I have maybe 5-6 stacks of them in that same time.

If more fishermen started to NPC fish for profit rather than work their *** off to sell black soles for almost nothing, the prices on black soles would rise, as well as the price for sushi.

Which would give people who got both fishing and cooking skilled up a chance to be able to get the choice between more profit for more work, or less profit for less work.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sinfinx
user: Sinfinx
By Ragnarok.Sinfinx 2010-11-02 09:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from the comments...

"Unicorn.LammyScore: 32
My fellow chefs,

It is given that the price of sushi rises and falls based on supply, demand, and availability of synth materials. However, please review the calculations below before proceeding.

Let's assume that you farm your own crystals, fish your own fishes, grow your own rice, and buy water at an NPC for 12g a piece.

Wasabi = 2000
Water = 12
Rice Vinegar = 250
Total cost per synth = $2,262

$2262 x 6 = $13,572 per stack with another assumption of no failed synth.

$13,572 + 500 (approx AH fee) = $14,072.

With that said, selling a stack of this for anything less than $25,000 is a waste of your time considering you spent all the time and money to get to the level that can safely make sushi without too many breaks.

The calculation above is only an approximate cost with said assumptions. Think about how much it would cost if you had to buy your own fish, crystals, and rice. Don't forget to take into account of breaks and time spent synthesizing these items."

Ya zanno i know about nashmau guess we fish at diff times lol i never see ya there either and its usually empty
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-11-02 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the prices. Though you're probably seeing low pricing on it because Red Curry Buns (+1)/Marinara Pizza (+1)/Pot-au-feu (+1)/etc. are a lot more mainstream with the advent of Abyssea. So the current sellers for Sole Sushi are probably the ones who are skill upping and trying to sell them quickly before their inventory is filled up with fish (which is very typical), or the other Chef's like selling their food at a fair price to their buyers and don't believe in price gouging.