Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Ground Strike Accuracy
Ground Strike Accuracy
First Page 2
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does ground strike have some hidden accuracy minus trait? Im doing the WS DMG+10% GS, and i swear to god it has like 30% accuracy. i just missed it 3 times over the course of two mobs at under 10% each, and it caused me to die. Im 85 drk, +25 in acc gear, eating a pizza, and 8 GS merits. And the mobs are lvl 61-63. i should be beyond capped acc, but i miss like half the time. I could screenshot my gear and the logs if it matters, but seriously wtf.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-22 13:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Does ground strike have some hidden accuracy minus trait? Im doing the WS DMG+10% GS, and i swear to god it has like 30% accuracy. i just missed it 3 times over the course of two mobs at under 10% each, and it caused me to die. Im 85 drk, +25 in acc gear, eating a pizza, and 8 GS merits. And the mobs are lvl 61-63. i should be beyond capped acc, but i miss like half the time. I could screenshot my gear and the logs if it matters, but seriously wtf.

It's called being a Dark Knight.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 13:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Even dark knights can get 95% hit rate, which i should be way past.
By Whizzkid90 2010-09-22 13:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The first hit of every weapon skill is meant to have capped acc anyway or something but I know what you mean Ground Strike does miss alot
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-22 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear, Dark Knight Accuracy caps at 60%. It's just an occupational hazard of the job.

I feel your pain, I have my guillotine gear on my page, take heed that I always Pizza+1 and have full merits. I have yet to 4/4 a guillotine since 81.
 Bismarck.Reiterpalasch
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Reiterpalasch 2010-09-22 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeballed results are eyeballed. Parse, try again.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-22 13:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reiterpalasch said:

Basically end of the thread. Joking aside, give a large enough sample base and you will come back to 95%.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously its eyeballed, but my anger was the fact that it missed 3 times in the span of a minute and got me killed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 13:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bismarck.Reiterpalasch said:
Basically end of the thread. Joking aside, give a large enough sample base and you will come back to 95%.
Exactly. Not melee but similar idea. Not that long ago I was nuking pets that I should've had capped macc on by a bit. Went out and the first 10 or so nukes all but 1 got resisted. And since I was trying to one shot them in the middle of a hole bunch of IT+ demons it caused me to die most of the time. Sure enough I kept my gear the same cause I knew my macc was fine and didn't get another resist for 6 hours
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

note the time stamps. thats why im angry.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-22 14:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always missed a shitload more with Ground Strike, maybe this requires some testing?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-22 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly do you hit a bird with groundstrike? SE USES LOGIC OMG!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed 3 Cannonballs in a row on TW skeles last week, ***obviously gets an accuracy penalty.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 14:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it isn't possible but some kind of parse. I have one somewhere around that showed lack of acc boost a couple of 1 hit ws and what looks like an actual penalty on 1. But that was with alot more than what you did lol. And of course it shows my melee acc to compare it to
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, pretty sure GS gets the boost. I'll see if I have any old JoL parses to post.
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-09-22 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been getting some crazy unlucky misses on GS sometimes. But honestly that's nothing new.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-22 16:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Ground Strike and Spinning Slash are both pre buffed with a Huge Acc and Attk bonus, you missing 3x in a row is just bad luck.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-22 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

DRK: The second most accurate melee job.

All of the misses you do see have a sort of placebo effect. When you miss, that's 6-12 seconds without an attack landing, hence the feeling you miss a lot.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-22 16:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

***happens unfortunately, I've missed a few Gekko in a row in my time, and also completely missed a whole Penta and Rana against things where accuracy is capped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-22 17:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have missed 2 WSs in a row on "too weak" mobs before...

Just bad luck.

Hit rate cap is 95% ...so there's still that 5% chance of missing if you're at capped hit rate.

Best way to determine your hit rate is with a larger sample size and parsing it. Still, I'm pretty sure you were just unlucky that time.

Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-09-22 18:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

OP sounds like plagiarism of someones 2003 allakhazam post.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-22 18:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Any SAM Can tell you 1-hit Weaponskills suck ***, because its quite literally hit or miss, theres no fall-back, you whiff you whiff (outside of Zanshin or a lucky Double)

And as any SAM Can tell you, that little 5% Chance to whiff your WS kicks in enough to make you rage.

Blame SE For thinking putting a 95% Cap on damn near everything in the game was a good idea.

I've walked up to level <10 mobs on my level 80MNK and whiffed 2 swings in a row before :|

Basically what i'm saying is that its bad luck, very bad luck,but nothing else involved :\ all 1-hit weaponskills are *** because of it being "Damage or nothing".

Multi-hit WS's miss hits all the time but its less annoying because you still do damage, but with 1-hits, its just 0 whiff!
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 19:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Any SAM Can tell you 1-hit Weaponskills suck ***, because its quite literally hit or miss, theres no fall-back, you whiff you whiff (outside of Zanshin or a lucky Double)

And as any SAM Can tell you, that little 5% Chance to whiff your WS kicks in enough to make you rage.

Blame SE For thinking putting a 95% Cap on damn near everything in the game was a good idea.

I've walked up to level <10 mobs on my level 80MNK and whiffed 2 swings in a row before :|

Basically what i'm saying is that its bad luck, very bad luck,but nothing else involved :\ all 1-hit weaponskills are *** because of it being "Damage or nothing".

Multi-hit WS's miss hits all the time but its less annoying because you still do damage, but with 1-hits, its just 0 whiff!

Well i have sam too so i know that, but doing my keito trials i missed like one out of 300 WSes. But ground strike i miss like half the time in this trial -.-. i know parsing would round it out, but its annoying to miss 3 in a row and die because of it.
 Seraph.Siiri
Server: Seraph
user: uper1986
By Seraph.Siiri 2010-09-23 07:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When we used to do Salvage every time we needed the SAM to open or close darkness it seemed he missed Gekko. I remember one Mad Bomber he missed 3 times, we had 3 monks he was supposed to skill chain with each of us. It was the same when we did KSNM99 wyrm and similar stuff. The SAMs would be spamming in party chat skillchain now for the blackmages, we would cast and no magic burst. Sam would then say I missed. I usually parse everything so I am sure the miss rate was only 5% or whatever but wow that 5% always seemed to be at the worst time.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-23 11:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The accuracy bonus on single hit WSs is about +90 accuracy. It was tested many times on bluegarter but I'm too lazy to find the thread.

You have to realize that laws of averages will skew a parse if the sample size is too small. Generally to test 95% accuracy you'd have to WS 1000 times, obviously this would require an ammount of fighting that is far beyond any typical parse.

I understand your frustration though, whenever I miss a catastrophe I face desk. I recently started using the viking helm and now part of me wants to blame the -20 accuracy when I do miss. Obviously +90 accuracy is generally high enough to cap accuracy on almost anything. I think pre-80 cap the highest eva mobs were Mamool Lurkers with warm-up. They required about 550 accuracy to cap on, so as you can see there will be situations where you are not maxed.

Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-23 11:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda wanna copypasta this thread but change Ground Strike for Benthic Typhoon. I love that spell, but omfg it misses a lot.
 Cerberus.Neosephiroth
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neosephiroth 2010-09-23 11:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
The accuracy bonus on single hit WSs is about +90 accuracy. It was tested many times on bluegarter but I'm too lazy to find the thread.

You have to realize that laws of averages will skew a parse if the sample size is too small. Generally to test 95% accuracy you'd have to WS 1000 times, obviously this would require an ammount of fighting that is far beyond any typical parse.

I understand your frustration though, whenever I miss a catastrophe I face desk. I recently started using the viking helm and now part of me wants to blame the -20 accuracy when I do miss. Obviously +90 accuracy is generally high enough to cap accuracy on almost anything. I think pre-80 cap the highest eva mobs were Mamool Lurkers with warm-up. They required about 550 accuracy to cap on, so as you can see there will be situations where you are not maxed.

Like missing 3 Catastrophes in a row and not stunning a meltdown and a relic duo wipe to a doll in sky...hypothetically speaking...:P. NOBODY SAW NOTHIN'! lmao Good times man :).
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-23 11:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I also recall a test where someone used Blinding Potions (-255 ACC) and were still hitting 95% of the time.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-23 11:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Neosephiroth said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
The accuracy bonus on single hit WSs is about +90 accuracy. It was tested many times on bluegarter but I'm too lazy to find the thread. You have to realize that laws of averages will skew a parse if the sample size is too small. Generally to test 95% accuracy you'd have to WS 1000 times, obviously this would require an ammount of fighting that is far beyond any typical parse. I understand your frustration though, whenever I miss a catastrophe I face desk. I recently started using the viking helm and now part of me wants to blame the -20 accuracy when I do miss. Obviously +90 accuracy is generally high enough to cap accuracy on almost anything. I think pre-80 cap the highest eva mobs were Mamool Lurkers with warm-up. They required about 550 accuracy to cap on, so as you can see there will be situations where you are not maxed.
Like missing 3 Catastrophes in a row and not stunning a meltdown and a relic duo wipe to a doll in sky...hypothetically speaking...:P. NOBODY SAW NOTHIN'! lmao Good times man :).

Idk what you're talking about......
 Cerberus.Neosephiroth
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neosephiroth 2010-09-23 11:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I also recall a test where someone used Blinding Potions (-255 ACC) and were still hitting 95% of the time.

Hi again! :) Yes I do as well and it had a decently large sample size too. Moral of the story, the acc on these kinds of weapon skills doesn't exactly necessitate sushi hehe ;). Small sample size equals unreliable findings, also you tend to focus on the misses more often it's called clustering :). These things happen don't worry, I mean hell if I miss with 30 accuracy on my weapon, anyone can from time to time lol so don't worry, be happy ;D.
First Page 2