What DRK's Best Magian Scythes?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » What DRK's best Magian Scythes?
What DRK's best Magian Scythes?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-03 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll google and dig, I saw them when I came back after a brief Hiatus after the Version Update.

I can assure you though, Quietus isn't the Exception to the 'Awesome magian ws" rule that's proven 100% true thus far, maybe something like the Staff and Club ws suck, but not this.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-03 10:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I only saw Torcleaver and a couple others on BG but no Quietus.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-03 11:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I only saw Torcleaver and a couple others on BG but no Quietus.

Yah, my bad, I guess I confused it with Torcleaver.

Still, I really doubt Quietus is the exception to the "Awesomesauce DD Magian WS" rule that seems to be quite persistent thus far.

Someone in my LS is like 11 coins from Penitence+1 (Already has the lolcrests) so maybe we'll find out for sure soon.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-03 11:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I would definately go for the reckoning and a 5 hit build. (assuming you have proper gear for it) The new +50str +5%DA +regain atma favors reckoning more because it will let you cap FSTR on higher difficulty mobs a lot easier. This will negate some of the advantage of the OAT scythe because it has a much much lower FSTR cap. The fact the atma also gives regain and double attack favors reckoning as well. Also, you guys should realize that the addition of so much new double attack gear will gradually undermine the effectiveness of the OAT scythe be reducing the relative averages of additional attacks. This means that the higher double attack rating you get the more and more ineffective OAT will become.
Good post, but just for the record, the Double Attack effect from Atma of the Voracious Violet is actually 10%, not 5%, unless I was getting some phantom double attack somehow else when I tested it. (9.93% double attack rate over 2,000 attacks in Abyssea Party, brutal/pole not used, and this was before AF3+1 DRK head) Given the Haste Gear potential, the absolute power of Quietus and the availability of Atma, I have no qualms going out on a limb and saying Penitence +1 is the best Scythe currently for Dark Knight, as a Damage Dealer. Redemption obviously wins but let's think realistically as long as you can maintain a 6hit with the 501 Delay.

I have no idea what any of those scythes are :/
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-03 11:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I would definately go for the reckoning and a 5 hit build. (assuming you have proper gear for it) The new +50str +5%DA +regain atma favors reckoning more because it will let you cap FSTR on higher difficulty mobs a lot easier. This will negate some of the advantage of the OAT scythe because it has a much much lower FSTR cap. The fact the atma also gives regain and double attack favors reckoning as well. Also, you guys should realize that the addition of so much new double attack gear will gradually undermine the effectiveness of the OAT scythe be reducing the relative averages of additional attacks. This means that the higher double attack rating you get the more and more ineffective OAT will become.
Good post, but just for the record, the Double Attack effect from Atma of the Voracious Violet is actually 10%, not 5%, unless I was getting some phantom double attack somehow else when I tested it. (9.93% double attack rate over 2,000 attacks in Abyssea Party, brutal/pole not used, and this was before AF3+1 DRK head) Given the Haste Gear potential, the absolute power of Quietus and the availability of Atma, I have no qualms going out on a limb and saying Penitence +1 is the best Scythe currently for Dark Knight, as a Damage Dealer. Redemption obviously wins but let's think realistically as long as you can maintain a 6hit with the 501 Delay.

I have no idea what any of those scythes are :/

One is a pipe-dream at best. The other is at the mercy of retards MPK'ing your alliance because the WHM was too busy curing the tanks/real DD and not the azome solothf.
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-10-03 12:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Magicide said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
This is a scythe thread but I want to know something.

For a Kalavejs +1(DMG98 Delay:456 STP+8) weapon skilling in +18 STP gear how much TP would spinning slash give when /sam? trying to make a 7hit 6hit rebuild for when SE gives me King's justice great sword addition.
Not sure if your +18 includes the great sword or not, but if it doesn't (in other words you have 15 from SAM sub, 8 from sword, 18 from other gear) a spinning slash should give 16.6 TP.

oh it did have sword put in :x sorry for not saying

Not sure if im reading right Because its early and I havent slept yet, so youd be weapon skilling in 18STP /sam and using sword strap? If so youd be getting 15.0 TP after WS.
you sir are getting moreer retardeder every post

I'm not the one using Harvest and Minuet Earrings but yea, 7AM havent slept bleh :/

All that said was your a *** in the mornings also if your sleepy go to bed, and what about my dirt cheep STR earrings makes them a viable reason to rank my intelligence low?
I'm an Ex Marine im always a *** :/

Intelligence would say............ Assault/Brutal (guessing you dont have Divine Might done, or you picked Suppa for your blu, and god blu is *** amazing now D:)

Unless you just finished CoP, and are currently working towards Brutal. Then hey I apolagize but you insulted me first O:

Also assault is pretty damn cheap now, way cheaper than when I got mine <.<

Also didnt Ichigo kill you? Keep meaning to ask :(

i tp in fowling/brutal and yeah i have suppa for blu and pld

and yeah ichigo raped my face and i turned to dust ;-; but i do look the best out of the espada.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-03 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ichigo cheated, *** ***. Ulli killed him twice.