Soul Jump, and Spirit Jump
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-20 11:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's said that VIT doesn't really do anything for either or at this point right?

I just recently got my Lancer's Pants +1, I can't say I notice a crazy boost regarding damage or anything...

I'm kind of dissapointed even. To this date I have used full ares's to jump in, the DA is a pretty sweet trigger to over look, and the stats for full ares's on Jumps are rather impressive.

Now we've been given two pieces though that will infact change that. However, application is a little difficult to mix in.

It's making me wonder how it'll work out, the items have "Set: Attack Occassionally varries with Wyvern HP." etc, as the +2's I believe, so how does that work out specifically? The set is obviously Lancer's however, would we be dependant on pieces of lancer's that correlate to the exact "Set: Wyvern Occ. Absorbs Damage." "Set: Attack Occ. Varries with Wyvern HP"? It's just a little boggling.

I haven't done some concrete testing, but I was averaging low 500's with my ares's set, then I swapped into some minor VIT+ and it jumped to mid 540's~

I'm curious to see if anyone else has had any thoughts on VIT affecting Soul Jump specifically.

Anyways, hope to see some good replies!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-20 11:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you get more enmity suppression or more TP?
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-09-20 11:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya i dont think the new jumps are about dmg. They are more specifically for TP / Enmity suppression.

With the Enhances, are you seeing more tp?
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-09-20 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:

I just recently got my Lancer's Pants +1, I can't say I notice a crazy boost regarding damage or anything...
I got my pair recently also, after some tests, seem to boost soul jump's acc...
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2010-09-20 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How's that working out for your 85DRG/40SAM dark? lol. Looks good on my DRG, a real one :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-20 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Well, as far as this goes... I really wouldn't know. TP doesn't seem to change, still consistantly erratic as always x.x; But, no, zero TP increase from what the 'average is'.
As far as emnity supression, I believe that's in relation to the jump itself, but subject to how much damage you do. I don't think it has a prolonged effect of lower enmity generation... I spam both Spirit and Soul and my hate gain is tremendous.

However, I have not yet tried the pants in a PT to tell wether or not it gives a greater supression rate. I think it's irrelevant honestly.
Asura.Darkultima said:
Ragnarok.Amador said:
I got my pair recently also, after some tests, seem to boost soul jump's acc...

I wouldn't be able to tell, I've been capped in accuracy for quite sometime now, if that is the case, then it wouldn't matter much to me.
Asura.Buddhsie said:
How's that working out for your 85DRG/40SAM dark? lol. Looks good on my DRG, a real one :p

How's that DNC85/BLM24 working out for ya? Can't even D2 someone. Pfft.

Anyways, I think in the end maybe the emnity question is what they do. Kind of like Wyrm Brais, how they increase enmity shed. Further testing is required obviously, still the possibility for Attack Boost or something like that. We'll see.

But, anyone do testing on VIT gear affecting Soul Jump DMG? ; ; I'm at work I can't test! Someone test!
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-20 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Spirit Jump or Soul Jump are enhanced by VIT. Testing on BG concluded they auto-crit when your wyvern is present.

Spirit Jump gives 2xTP when your wyvern is present.
Soul Jump gives 3xTP when your wyvern is present.

As such, AF3+2 pants are undeniably the best pants for those jumps, since critical hit damage is enhanced and they auto-crit and the STR+9 is pretty awesome.

I'm not sure on the enmity suppression.
 Asura.Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2010-09-21 02:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Asura.Buddhsie said:
How's that relic working out for you? it must make you sad how people who didnt waste 150-200 mil on it can outdamage you (namely me).. or how easily people can get a 5hit without having to use that blue junk :D
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-21 02:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buddhsie said:
swift belt

[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2010-09-21 04:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty funny ironguy, even with your V belt u couldn't touch my drg or my dnc.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-21 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buddhsie said:
my drg comes close and/or equals my dnc in damage dealing capabilities

[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-21 04:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

He said that for the 39th+ time today.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-21 04:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what else i've said for the 39th time today, yet still seemingly doesn't get old

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
plastron

ffxi is hard in 2010 <call5>
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-21 04:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what else i've said for the 39th time today, yet still seemingly doesn't get old

SHUT THE *** UP OR I WILL SUCK YOUR ***!!

ffxi is hard in 2010 <call>

...yep. Never gets old.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-21 04:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

trying too hard, bbl

oh btw, rate down the player comments on my page, please
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-21 04:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

trying too hard, bbl

*** dude... I rated them up already. Thought it'd help cheer you up. :/

{Take care.} buttercups.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 04:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

trying too hard, bbl

k
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2010-09-21 04:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously you have no idea about the dd potential of dnc, which is quite funny since u claim to know everything..
It's also pretty sad how you yourself comment on other people when in reality you arent in any way special.
Once again the only thing u can prove to anyone is that you can find just the right sad little picture from a file on your computer to make yourself look stupid, its just like that isnt it :s
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-21 04:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buddhsie said:
Obviously you have no idea about the dd potential of dnc, which is quite funny since u claim to know everything..
It's also pretty sad how you yourself comment on other people when in reality you arent in any way special.
Once again the only thing u can prove to anyone is that you can find just the right sad little picture from a file on your computer to make yourself look stupid, its just like that isnt it :s

QFT
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-21 11:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buddhsie said:
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Asura.Buddhsie said:
How's that relic working out for you? it must make you sad how people who didnt waste 150-200 mil on it can outdamage you (namely me).. or how easily people can get a 5hit without having to use that blue junk :D

I love my relic :) As for you doing more dmg than me, well more power to ya buddy.

Hope that DNC keeps workin' for you. Want a soda?

As for the Leo pics...

Owned. ^-^v
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-09-21 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: 4% haste belt lv75 relic vs. 4% haste belt no rose strap cripplefight
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-21 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused. Why is everyone mentioning Swift Belt?

Is that like, in regards to my build? Lol, duh. Swift cause I'm broke!

Working on Goading. Rose Strap for Ghetto 6. I use full Perle, it's amazing. I love it. For the time being. I will be upgrading once I get my hands on that AF2+2, till then, I'm not really worried.

It's a solid build though, it replaces old drg builds and it's very effective. Other than that, well, working on making that relic level 80 then 85! Like... 500 more trials to go before I make it D112 Acc+25. So yay, then I get to make it D126 Acc+30, ^-^;

Anyways, clarify the joke. I really don't get it.

Latez
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-09-23 11:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's generally more acceptable to spend less than a fifth of the cost of an average relic weapon to get an item (like Speed Belt) that can bolster the potential of many jobs, rather than spend the full cost of a relic for one. (Or a few, in some cases.)

That's why when people see a relic user TPing in Swift Belt, it makes them cringe. Loving a job is one thing, being smart with your money is another.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-23 12:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buddhsie said:
Obviously you have no idea about the dd potential of dnc

"DNC can DD, blah blah" "PUPs can nuke, blah blah"
Honestly, do you think people praise SAMs and WARs for their DDing abilities or BLMs on their nuking abilities because they QQ'd about how people don't believe they can do good? No, they just did it, the right way. People will believe the job is good when you can walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Edit: Seeing too much of this PUP nuke DD DNC stuff today, it needed to be adressed somehow -_-
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-23 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
It's generally more acceptable to spend less than a fifth of the cost of an average relic weapon to get an item (like Speed Belt) that can bolster the potential of many jobs, rather than spend the full cost of a relic for one. (Or a few, in some cases.) That's why when people see a relic user TPing in Swift Belt, it makes them cringe. Loving a job is one thing, being smart with your money is another.

That's just ridiculous. 2% Haste > Relic? I'll rock my little swift belt all day. And you call Speed Belt a smart investment? Have you not been in Rolanberry lately? There's like 2-3 On Ragnarok right now competeing to sell it faster.

With all the new belts that just got released, AV being a reality, and being able to obtain even - better - haste belts. I mean really? Can you really look at speed belt and call it a smart investment? It's done.

126 Damage vs 2% haste... Hmm do the math.

Thanks
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-23 13:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Asura.Buddhsie said:

QFT
Oh, no...more DD dancers. ): Sigh...
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-23 13:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Asura.Buddhsie said:
Obviously you have no idea about the dd potential of dnc, which is quite funny since u claim to know everything.. It's also pretty sad how you yourself comment on other people when in reality you arent in any way special. Once again the only thing u can prove to anyone is that you can find just the right sad little picture from a file on your computer to make yourself look stupid, its just like that isnt it :s
QFT
Oh, no...more DD dancers. ): Sigh...
Oh you.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-23 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
It's generally more acceptable to spend less than a fifth of the cost of an average relic weapon to get an item (like Speed Belt) that can bolster the potential of many jobs, rather than spend the full cost of a relic for one. (Or a few, in some cases.) That's why when people see a relic user TPing in Swift Belt, it makes them cringe. Loving a job is one thing, being smart with your money is another.

That's just ridiculous. 2% Haste > Relic? I'll rock my little swift belt all day. And you call Speed Belt a smart investment? Have you not been in Rolanberry lately? There's like 2-3 On Ragnarok right now competeing to sell it faster.

With all the new belts that just got released, AV being a reality, and being able to obtain even - better - haste belts. I mean really? Can you really look at speed belt and call it a smart investment? It's done.

126 Damage vs 2% haste... Hmm do the math.

Thanks

No one said it was.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-23 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I will. Velocious Belt cost 1/5 the price of Gungnir, but gives 1/3 the damage increase (not accounting for fSTR, dual marches or haste samba). So yeah, as far as cost effectiveness is concerned, it is.

Not to mention, I'm willing to bet Rhongomiant will ***all over Gungnir, if it isn't already. And Corsesca+1 is already better iirc. And I'm pretty sure an aggressively played Ryunohige is better if the Augments Jump didn't get ruined by Soul/Spirit Jump auto-critting.
First Page 2 3 4