Link | Quote | Reply

Got these yesterday
[+]
 Lakshmi.Xaiiver
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Xaiiver 2010-09-15 11:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

really nice drop, i do want the neck for my Paladin tho.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-09-15 12:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Dalmatica
[+]
 Cerberus.Toralin
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2010-09-15 12:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:
really nice drop, i do want the neck for my Paladin tho.

To bad it s a waist piece then
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, he probably thought it was creed collar, which would make sense, 'cause it's a much better piece imo.

Edit: Having said that, wtf is "Magic Defense"?
[+]
 Phoenix.Elaenia
Server: Phoenix
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-15 12:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
lol, he probably thought it was creed collar, which would make sense, 'cause it's a much better piece imo.

I think... it might maybe, possibly, probably raise your defense against magic?

sucks for turtle but robots are cooler than turtles anyway :\
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 12:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What the, is Iron clad easy to kill? If so then i'm getting a nose bleed from how insanely easy it is to get one of the 1337's bodies i've seen in 8 years.
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-09-15 13:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
What the, is Iron clad easy to kill? If so then i'm getting a nose bleed from how insanely easy it is to get one of the 1337's bodies i've seen in 8 years.

what's so awesome about it? it's just an idle piece if you don't have a dalmy or a salvage body. the hp and mp will be gone the second you cast a spell due to gear swaps.

only significantly good thing about it is that it's a (possibly) easy refresh body to get. I guess that's pretty nice though :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 13:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't look too hard unless people who have fought haven't felt like mentioning any movement bonuses on wiki. Probably going to invest a lot of stones in this /sigh

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cyphon
user: Seymor
By Cerberus.Cyphon 2010-09-15 13:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Executioner the Chasmn One?

I thought about "Hmm... this one moves reaaaaly clumsy..." and wanted to solo it since it was unable to catch me. How does magic work on it?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 13:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, thats some nice TH you had, 4 drops oO
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-15 13:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If they activated the !!, the TH isn't really what made all that stuff drop.

The !! is all that matters in abyssea. For atma, for drops, for your mom in the kitchen making me a sandwich.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elaenia said:
Odin.Blazza said:

I think... it might maybe, possibly, probably raise your defense against magic?

sucks for turtle but robots are cooler than turtles anyway :\

Waist is still a (Mostly) useless pile of terd >.>;;

Unless the "Magic Defense +4" works separately from "Magic Defense Bonus" (Which i assume it does).

That being said, i think The HP+40 is highest on the belt for most Races yes? Great for a Cure-Cheat macro, the fact it has built-in enmity is a good bonus o-o;

Hopefully though, the MD+4 will be a nice surprise? Maybe it works like "Magic Attack+4" (ala-Elemental Staves) and is a 20% Bonus to Magic Defense like the Magic-Attack+4 Staves are 20% Bonus to Magic Damage?
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If they activated the !!, the TH isn't really what made all that stuff drop.

The !! is all that matters in abyssea. For atma, for drops, for your mom in the kitchen making me a sandwich.

I was under the impression the yellow "!!" (TH ones) Only opened up more drop slots?

For instance, a NM can only drop say, 3 things, but with the "!!" it can drop 5?

I could be very very wrong :|
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-15 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
Got these yesterday

LoLpluviale... People wanna jump the gun and say that dalmy is dead, it is the people with out dalmy saying this. Dalmy still has the convert hp to mp which is what makes it cool. No one in there right mind is going to cast anything in pluviale (unless maybe buffs like pro and shell) and one you switch gear the mp is gone. This looks cool if your just idle as a new refresh body, but dalmy still better.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 13:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Still the best over-all Idle piece for most of those jobs listed, if not all.

Unless you're forcing a Latent, for any reason, then yeah, dalm would win.

But Dalm-Forcing latent is really only useful for what, WHM and SMN? for the Cure-Pot+10% Ring and Perp-1 Ring?

Most people just Equip the -HP ***and then +HP stuff to put them in natural Yellow HP, and then do it again when they Auto-regen (WHM or /WHM specificaly).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-15 13:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

NM Hard?
 Lakshmi.Toioiz
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Toioiz 2010-09-15 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalmy is only *better* for non-taru races. This is better for me due to HP restrictions, but I see them as *the same*
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-15 13:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna be hard to claim now, I bet.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 13:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Gonna be hard to claim now, I bet.

Ask the people trying to do the quests lol.

Shits up a lot people being murdered cause they're forced to walk past him >.>;;
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-15 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Still the best over-all Idle piece for most of those jobs listed, if not all. Unless you're forcing a Latent, for any reason, then yeah, dalm would win.

Maybe if smn was just using full mp gear then this would give them 50 extra mp over dalmy, and I have not looked as sch, but is this the only refresh body they get?

If you got dalmy then do not waste the time on this, but if you do not, this is probably much easier to get then dalmy is, and a hella lot cheaper.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 13:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first SCH body refresh that doesn't restrict head slot? Looks like a great SCH piece if so.

82+ SCH/RDM casting refresh1 (if no refresh2 in party obviously) on themselves with this and highlands refresh+1 wivre hairpin is better than Sublimation in any situation with AF head and relic body... or am I mistaken?
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first SCH body refresh that doesn't restrict head slot? Looks like a great SCH piece if so.

82+ SCH/RDM casting refresh1 (if no refresh2 in party obviously) on themselves with this and highlands refresh+1 wivre hairpin is better than Sublimation in any situation with AF head and relic body... or am I mistaken?

Can't SCH use the Arcane Robe?

Edit: Yes they can.

So its not the only one, but probably easier to obtain.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-15 14:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
But Dalm-Forcing latent is really only useful for what, WHM and SMN? for the Cure-Pot+10% Ring and Perp-1 Ring?

LOL really? BLM and BRD get the most use out of it. Sorc ring gives +10% damage and minstrels ring is 25% faster casting and you can wear convert gear to get the bonus. If I ever see anyone casting in this their gonna be kicked unless its buffs.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 14:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

LOL really? BLM and BRD get the most use out of it. Sorc ring gives +10% damage and minstrels ring is 25% faster casting and you can wear convert gear to get the bonus. If I ever see anyone casting in this their gonna be kicked unless its buffs.

I forgot BRD, i'll give you that.

But wouldn't BLM be rather HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to Nuke in Dalmatica? What with other pieces being better?

Any real BLM forces their HP In yellow through use of -HP and +HP gear to save themselves from nuking in useless Armor.

Because The armor you need to sacrifice to force a Latent without being in yellow through Convert HP>MP Gear is actually a lot larger trade off than 10MAB.

Edit: i shoulda added LOLREALLY?! in the beginning to make what i was saying seem entirely more douchy.

Edit2: In that light, unless you're a taru Dalms till fits in the above, Just you would equip it then De-quip it to force your HP lower. Not full time it so yah.

I kept thinking you were saying "Keep all your -HP+MP Gear on to keep latent active" not "Equip then dequip"

We're probably thinking the same thing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-15 14:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

the regen alone makes it a better idle body.
[+]
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-09-15 14:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people wrighting off that belt so quickly,
Its the best Eminty Belt for PLD, Next Best is Trance Belt @ 4eminty 14Hp, Yes trance belt is still Nice, But doesn't compair to This because of its great use in Cure Cheating, If you have an Aegis then This Belt also best MD(B) Piece,

Edit: Decent Pld, Shld be hitting Near Cap Recast Time on Flash

Overall "USE" This Body Piece Beats Dalmy, But Doesn't really matter you want refresh piece u got it, Dalmy can only be compaired by Force Yellow, But then this would be a better piece for Convert build, Start off Pro/Shell or RR3 & But getting Sch is Nice, but missing out Brd
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-15 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Knightofdragon said:
Why are people wrighting off that belt so quickly,
Its the best Eminty Belt for PLD, Next Best is Trance Belt @ 4eminty 14Hp, Yes trance belt is still Nice, But doesn't compair to This because of its great use in Cure Cheating, If you have an Aegis then This Belt also best MD(B) Piece,

Overall "USE" This Body Piece Beats Dalmy, But Doesn't really matter you want refresh piece u got it, Dalmy can only be compaired by Force Yellow, But then this would be a better piece for Convert build, Start off Pro/Shell or RR3 & not counting the Extra Job use

People are writing off the belt because another +1 Enmity over the next alternative is useless, as PLDs currently have no trouble capping enmity within minutes of a fight.

And the HP+40 is useless unless you full time the belt, which is downright a bad idea over Haste belts (on most fights!! MOST not ALL)

Its only redeeming quality is if "Magic Defense+4" Is something godly awesome, where it might be useful in a kited fight against an Avid magic using mob.

Edit: I'm going to play a game =(
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-09-15 14:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Still the best over-all Idle piece for most of those jobs listed, if not all. Unless you're forcing a Latent, for any reason, then yeah, dalm would win. But Dalm-Forcing latent is really only useful for what, WHM and SMN? for the Cure-Pot+10% Ring and Perp-1 Ring? Most people just Equip the -HP ***and then +HP stuff to put them in natural Yellow HP, and then do it again when they Auto-regen (WHM or /WHM specificaly).

Seriously? For jobs that can wear marduk, marduk is still BY FAR the best idle piece. I'm assuming morri is better for rdm and blm (maybe dalm). SCH won't be wearing this unless sublimation isn't up and charging, which really isn't that often.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-15 14:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

People who still want a black belt item drop will be around to give the poor turtle family some love and attention. ;_;
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7