users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Saboteur
Saboteur
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-10 00:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Helped some people with Brooder just now because I'm bored and have extra time from exp alliance. Poison II normal duration is 2 minutes, with new JA it wore 2 minutes, 30 seconds after I cast. Seems to be 25% increase in duration. Just putting that out there, if anyone else wants to test if it affects different spells in different ways go for it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-10 17:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Helped some people with Brooder just now because I'm bored and have extra time from exp alliance. Poison II normal duration is 2 minutes, with new JA it wore 2 minutes, 30 seconds after I cast. Seems to be 25% increase in duration. Just putting that out there, if anyone else wants to test if it affects different spells in different ways go for it.

I'm just hoping you were resisted some. BG forums say otherwise:
Quote:

Saboteur testing.

Saboteur seems to be a straight up doubling of both duration all of our enfeebles, and doubling potency for most (except gravity, which is currently broken)

Specifics

Slow II
39% slow, 78% with Sab, duration 3->6 minutes

Paralyze

~25% proc rate normally, ~50% with sab, average duration went from 77->163 seconds. (tested both with 100+ swings of level 0 bees)

Poison II

20/tic, 4 minute duration

Dia II

4/tic, 4 minute duration, does not increase Def down based on /check (level 50 mob under Dia II went from normal -> low defense with +10 attack, was still doing the same with Sab Dia II)

Bio II

12/tic w/ 215 skill, did not affect initial "nuke" damage, 4 min duration. Could not test Attk down, suspect it doesn't work based off Dia II testing.

Sleep II

3 minute duration.

Does not work with Dispel. (Not that I know how it'd work if it did.)

Things to be tested still: Bind, Silence, Blind, Addle (Gravity when not broken.)

Does not work with: Stun, Elemental Debuffs (Choke/Burn etc..) If you cast a non-qualifying spell, the status does not wear off.

Credits to foldypaws of BG forums.
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98430-new-job-abilities-traits-spells-and-adjustments-to-old-ones-thread!-9-8-10/page5
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 18:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if it works with manifestation debuffs... 3min sleepga would be hot
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-10 18:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that data just made me shoot through my pants...
 Cerberus.Marthos
Server: Cerberus
user: Marthos
By Cerberus.Marthos 2010-09-30 15:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Wonder if it works with manifestation debuffs... 3min sleepga would be hot

Didn't see any info on this so I tested it with normal sleepga from /blm (can't test manifestation yet as my sch sub isn't finished yet.)

The double duration only seems to work on the primary target, every other mob slept for the normal 1min duration. Noticed this in a mission bc and tested it on starter zone mobs to confirm it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 15:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll test manifestation since I'm testing slow II right now.

Kinda weird cause wiki says normal duration is 3 min and right now that is coming out against low lvl mobs but everytime I've used it before it has always been 2 min. And I use sab slow II alot now and when I'm not getting resisted or not using sab way ahead of the cast I always have about 1 min left on sab when it wears. Is it possible that it has different durations or something? Idk I guess I'll look into it today when I do salvage
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-30 15:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabo doesn't double duration on NMs, or so I read on BG.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm could be it. I'll mess with it more today. I did notice I was fighting the oboron nm in abyssea the other day and grav duration was fairly consistent. And sab didn't increase it
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-30 16:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

On NMs I allways see 2:30 durations aswell(Unless resisted, when it's even shorter).
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-30 18:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really funny how people rate down for no reason sometimes. Saboteur doesn't double duration on NMs, I've never had the JA up when Slow2 wore off an NM. Yes, I have considered that maybe I'm REALLY unlucky with resists, but I'm not after what I just tested. Go to any low level NM that isn't immune to Slow effects and Sabo Slow2 it, your recast is not going to be up when the effect wears. That BG testing is accurate, I tested on a bird outside Whitegate. It wasn't tested on an NM obviously. It is double duration... on normal mobs.

Didn't check this thread again after I made it but the Brooder thing obviously wasn't a resist (and honestly that's pretty insulting accusation by someone who owns Avocat Pigaches), or would someone like to elaborate what the duration would have been had it not been partially resisted. It's not "BG says otherwise", it's BG didn't test on NMs. The duration increase on NMs doesn't seem to be static to me, I've seen 25% and 33% increases on Poison2 vs Slow2. Could be resists but I wouldn't chalk up every inconsistency to resists, the effect on duration may vary with spell. I haven't tested at all really, just using the Brooder example and a Slow2 on Metal Shears just now (So someone couldn't say lolyougotresisted).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah so mani sab only worked on main target. Unless I just happened to have 5 half resist on all the other mobs around lol
 Cerberus.Marthos
user: Marthos
By Cerberus.Marthos 2010-09-30 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh yeah so mani sab only worked on main target. Unless I just happened to have 5 half resist on all the other mobs around lol

Aww so much for super sleepga. ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 19:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I just did Battle clad chariot. We killed in like 4 min so couldn't see how long it lasted but it lasted at least that long (well a little less since I had like 1 min 13 sec left on sab)
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-10-10 08:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I sab Slow II palad percy and whiratrice nms all the time and its double duration so if you are saying on LL that u aren't getting a double duration, you should probably call a gm because its probably like the first thing that happened with gravity.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 09:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed through eyeball testing (Because I really don't care either way. The game is gonna work the way it is, adapt and kill the NM.) but Saboteur does seem to have reduced effectiveness on -Abyssean- NMs.

I've heard this from some people that Saboteur is only giving a 50% increase to pretty much anything in abyssea, instead of a 100% increase (Doubling it). A 25% increase could be some kind of resist, or something..

It might be worth researching for Abyssea NMs. (Who tend to break game mechanic rules anyway.)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-10 09:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
It's really funny how people rate down for no reason sometimes. Saboteur doesn't double duration on NMs, I've never had the JA up when Slow2 wore off an NM. Yes, I have considered that maybe I'm REALLY unlucky with resists, but I'm not after what I just tested. Go to any low level NM that isn't immune to Slow effects and Sabo Slow2 it, your recast is not going to be up when the effect wears. That BG testing is accurate, I tested on a bird outside Whitegate. It wasn't tested on an NM obviously. It is double duration... on normal mobs.

Didn't check this thread again after I made it but the Brooder thing obviously wasn't a resist (and honestly that's pretty insulting accusation by someone who owns Avocat Pigaches), or would someone like to elaborate what the duration would have been had it not been partially resisted. It's not "BG says otherwise", it's BG didn't test on NMs. The duration increase on NMs doesn't seem to be static to me, I've seen 25% and 33% increases on Poison2 vs Slow2. Could be resists but I wouldn't chalk up every inconsistency to resists, the effect on duration may vary with spell. I haven't tested at all really, just using the Brooder example and a Slow2 on Metal Shears just now (So someone couldn't say lolyougotresisted).

Holy ***, defensive much? If you read it, it says: "I'm just hoping you were resisted some"

I didn't say, "loluresistnooooob read this!!!" I was just hoping that SE would give us something really good. Obviously I was still open to the chance that something wasn't right, because I used the word "HOPE" instead of just straight blasting your post.

And what does Avocat Pigaches have to do with it? I've been unlucky as hell on Goliard feet drop, so I can't wear those, now can I? If I'm looking for straight MACC(Sleep, Bind, Dispel), what piece are you saying is better?(That's easily obtainable) Also, I use them in my resting set for the hMP.

I'm guessing you need to get out more instead of sitting around all day researching my gear to find some way to attack me. I never once looked at your gear to critique you when I said I hoped you were resisted. I simply wanted SE to give us something that would double potency and duration on everything.

Also, if you think I rated you down, you're wrong. If you'd like, I can prove to you by rating you down now, though(since the option is still available).
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 09:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:

Holy ***, defensive much? If you read it, it says: "I'm just hoping you were resisted some"

I didn't say, "loluresistnooooob read this!!!" I was just hoping that SE would give us something really good. Obviously I was still open to the chance that something wasn't right, because I used the word "HOPE" instead of just straight blasting your post.

And what does Avocat Pigaches have to do with it? I've been unlucky as hell on Goliard feet drop, so I can't wear those, now can I? If I'm looking for straight MACC(Sleep, Bind, Dispel), what piece are you saying is better?(That's easily obtainable) Also, I use them in my resting set for the hMP.

I'm guessing you need to get out more instead of sitting around all day researching my gear to find some way to attack me. I never once looked at your gear to critique you when I said I hoped you were resisted. I simply wanted SE to give us something that would double potency and duration on everything.

Also, if you think I rated you down, you're wrong. If you'd like, I can prove to you by rating you down now, though(since the option is still available).

I cast my INT enfeebles in Nashira Crackows. I had Avocat Pigaches, but threw them out. Why?
1 enfeebling m.acc is not worth 1 inventory slot to me, nor is 3hmp.
Some people just aren't as fortunate as others when it comes to somewhat better footwear.

On a side note, I don't use INT based enfeebles for jack these days. Poison II is about it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 09:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I use blind all the time!!! It helps. Hell even on mobs that you wont evade I've seen increases in parry rate.

As far as feet I don't care how unlucky you are just power thru it. Goliard feet are easy as *** to get. Hell I got mine in a trio group like 2 years ago. Now at 85 trioing can be done by any tom *** and harry.

The droprate isn't so bad that in a group of 3 spamming it you can't get it in a week or 2
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I use blind all the time!!! It helps. Hell even on mobs that you wont evade I've seen increases in parry rate.

As far as feet I don't care how unlucky you are just power thru it. Goliard feet are easy as *** to get. Hell I got mine in a trio group like 2 years ago. Now at 85 trioing can be done by any tom *** and harry.

The droprate isn't so bad that in a group of 3 spamming it you can't get it in a week or 2

The problem is. Goliard feet are outdated and inferior. Why waste my time/energy working for subpar crap? I can suffer with inferior footwear a little longer.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-10 09:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Honestly, I'd rather spend the little time I play this game doing AF3 quests/NMs. AF3+2 feet are top notch on MND enfeebles anyway.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 09:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I use blind all the time!!! It helps. Hell even on mobs that you wont evade I've seen increases in parry rate. As far as feet I don't care how unlucky you are just power thru it. Goliard feet are easy as *** to get. Hell I got mine in a trio group like 2 years ago. Now at 85 trioing can be done by any tom *** and harry. The droprate isn't so bad that in a group of 3 spamming it you can't get it in a week or 2
The problem is. Goliard feet are outdated and inferior. Why waste my time/energy working for subpar crap? I can suffer with inferior footwear a little longer.
Nothing has more hmp. Pretty good peice for macc on blm and rdm. Saves invent space. Which with all this af3 and magain crap is getting really really tight
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 09:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I use blind all the time!!! It helps. Hell even on mobs that you wont evade I've seen increases in parry rate. As far as feet I don't care how unlucky you are just power thru it. Goliard feet are easy as *** to get. Hell I got mine in a trio group like 2 years ago. Now at 85 trioing can be done by any tom *** and harry. The droprate isn't so bad that in a group of 3 spamming it you can't get it in a week or 2
Nothing has more hmp. Pretty good peice for macc on blm and rdm. Saves invent space. Which with all this af3 and magain crap is getting really really tight
Yeah but.. I don't use hmp gear. Period. If one of my items happens to have hmp, cool. But I don't carry a set of wasted inventory on that.
Faster to go buy some temporary ethers and pop them down!
Now if I can find the damn feet that replaced them...
Augur's Gaiters do nicely, but aren't quite the item I meant..
Teal beats them for MND handily.
And... Avocat Pigaches have equal HMP, and are far easier to obtain (Can solo).

Goliard clogs are outdated and NOT worth the effort. Complete waste.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 09:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Int debuffs yo!!! Besides like I said multiple purposes for multiple jobs. And *** your ether popping!!! I play blm. I spend my load quickly then rest for awhile. I don't have the invent to be getting the best peices for each job in each area seperately.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 10:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you have jobs that aren't RDM. Then I leave it to you to decide how to gear them. However, this is the RDM section so that argument is invalid. :3
 Valefor.Grozny
Server: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-10-13 10:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Davsa said:
Nothing has more hmp.
I know goliard still has more uses in one piece and saves inventory, but just throwing this out there. I got +4HMP on some Lore Sabots in a gold chest from vunkerl. Not really hard to get, but seems kinda rare to find. Still another option with more hmp.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-13 11:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I spend my load quickly then rest for awhile.
I lol'd

Sorry to take it out of context.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 16:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I lol'd

Sorry to take it out of context.
I did it on purpose. Though it sounds like something more your avatar would say. But it is kinda the blm way lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-13 16:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I lol'd Sorry to take it out of context.
I did it on purpose. Though it sounds like something more your avatar would say. But it is kinda the blm way lol

<3 the todd, but I don't see "The Todd" being a blm oO?