Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Adjustments to Weapon Trials
Adjustments to Weapon Trials
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-09-09 17:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I was doing weapons in Ro'maeve, was ice day, but double thunder (trial #32 thunder weather/day for dagger) and I was getting 5 points per kill. Anyone else notice a change?

Not sure if it was double weather, or the fact that I had a friend in the PT helping, but either way, they made a change to it for sure, just not sure if its a bug or a change they meant to do.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They ment to, was discussed earlier but I don't recall the exact numbers. I do know the day is 1 kill and weather is 5, and I have heard double is 10 but have not confirmed that.
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-09-09 17:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

27, 22, 17, 12, 7, 2 is what my log shows. It was double weather.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No clues, supposedly you can get 10 kills but I have only seen it mentioned once, 5 on a weather is freaking amazing though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

day of the week is 1 kill, but weather effect active corresponding to trial is now 5 kill credits... double weather is still 5 (i tested all of this in Ulegurand Range doing worms for ice staff)
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 18:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Could it be double weather during the day as well? Like double ice on ice day? Kinda fits together.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

5 is the most per kill that i saw, even with double weather
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 18:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I guess that 10 was s mistake on whoever posted it. Still 5 for 1 is bloody amazing and I'm going to rush a crap ton of ele trials now ><
By Freyamana 2010-09-09 18:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Was trying to do indra staff +1, killing trents in grauber.
There was thunder weather but only gave me one to the count :S
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-10 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ive scanned BG briefly not that it seems to have much more information than on here but what from I understand from my own testing too is;

treant trial can yield upto 5 objectives completed per kill
slime/spider can yield upto 5 per kill
50 of 1 mob on 1 ele day can yield upto 5 per kill
75 of 1 family on 1 ele day can yield upto 5 per kill

Basically when it starts the 150dmg of 1 type of elemental dmg upto 250 its 1 objective per kill so all last +1 trials will be 250 mobs that you will need 250killshot dmg.

This has made it ridiculously easy for a blm now doing treant and spider trials 50 during weather you can gather them up even if weather is down can easily hold 10 if you reasonable skilled wen weather pops up again aga3 them put ur crook on whole trial is done in 1 go.

I actually noticed this doing the last 50/250 kills for indra+1 on treants I had 6 held a decent/safe ammount to aga put crook on instead when weather popped and it went down 6x5=30kills in 1 go ...

Its a slight blow considering ive done vayu/agni/varuna/indra/surya/soma staffs but good for everyone else.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-11 19:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I assumed because It was single wind weather in Thickets when I got 5 per kill doing treant trial that day trials would automatically be 5 per kill and 10 if weather is up. That would of made taipan fangs a whole lot easier to get, oh well.

Still even so the 1st trial for taipan fangs 50 skeleton any weather takes about 20mins tops in grauberg and 15mins Ule range if weather lasts entirely through night time for grauberg (they are always up in ule range). The 50 goobbue trial same thing again only required 10 kills not 50 im fairly certain for a few kills double thunder symbols were up but it was still 5objectives per kill not 10.

The next trial 50 any mob firesday I was again looking foward to 5 objectives per kill, was just one lol. I was expecting it the entire way for this weapon, but to be fair despite being a bit dissapointed it wasnt it would be unfair on anyone who had done it already. I killed 50 mobs in thickets wind weather popped only and was always 1 per kill.

If someone can just confirm the last bit of info and that is what ammount of kills does a lizard count as in the cauldron? Would weather and day give 5 or 1? And does just fire weather there alone give 5 or 1?

edit : Nvm wiki has been updated now it says it would give 6 for say trial 86 cauldron fire weather and day if you kill lizard.