Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Elemental staff extensions
Elemental staff extensions
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 00:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

After noticing the +20% cure potency Surya staff image that was posted I thought id try trade the other 4 staffs to the moogle...

Varuna staff +1 250 wyvern killshot 250 ice dmg or greater
(1macc +5dmg) Trial 2195

Indra staff +1 250 treants 250 thunder dmg or greater
(1macc +5dmg) Trial 2182

Soma staff +1 250 manticore 250 water dmg or greater
(1maac +5dmg) Trial 2207

Surya staff +1 175 elementals on lightday/weather
(cure pot+20%) Trial 2191

Agni staff +1 250 Evil weapon 250 fire dmg or greater
(1macc +5dmg) Trial 2170

I cant check wind staff yet as I am on the last trial 250 worms and I cant check Kubera staff either as its still on 75 arcana on earthsday.

At the time of posting this wiki does not have all this information on staff trials page it only lists Indra and Surya, hope its of some use.

Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 01:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Should at least get to lvl 83 hq'ing 6 staffs obviously I dont want to complete them and hand them in before reaching 85. If I include the mobs and xp needed to finish Yayu staff and Kubera I probably wont need to abyssea blm at all to 85.

edit: Vayu staff trial 2176 250 skeleton 250wind dmg final blow.
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-09-12 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Shareeravadi +1 on the ice path, via Trial 2193?

DMG 74, Delay 356
INT +8
MAB +11

Doesn't this neatly beat out the HQ elemental staves as far as damage goes in one staff? Obviously it's not as good as the full-damage elemental staves from trials, but for those who don't have the time to hunt them all down, this might be a nice space saver.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 09:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't even come close. Say on water V with decent gearing that staff should only add only about 8-9% dmg... while these should be 30%. Hell NQ staffs are more at 10%.

This doesn't even get into the must higher macc
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-12 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh this is making me want to do a full set of those but the staff trials look soooo god damn boring :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 10:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Ugh this is making me want to do a full set of those but the staff trials look soooo god damn boring :(
By the time you finish you will probably be back to almost only using ice and thunder :)
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-12 10:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
By the time you finish you will probably be back to almost only using ice and thunder :)

That was actually my thought exactly. Unless SE actually makes the other elements useful.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 10:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
That was actually my thought exactly. Unless SE actually makes the other elements useful.
New kirin ;)
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-12 10:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more thinking we'll be fighting more empties and need to adapt to that, since they're all up in that "yo, I've got a cluster in place of a soul that determines what element I am!"
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 10:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more thinking we'll be fighting more empties and need to adapt to that, since they're all up in that "yo, I've got a cluster in place of a soul that determines what element I am!"
You can go to just thunder or just ice then though
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-12 10:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Not necessarily that slow tbh depends how fast you can solo as blm, one particularly slow trial so far has been 250 ajtarra or w/e they are called wyverns in grauberg got 70/250 left for varuna+1.

Ive done indra+1 250 treants bout 5 hours 50 an hour not terribly fast cos i afk and drift off but not terribly slow either. I cant hand either of these in though yet lol because im still 82. Surya+1 staff doesnt take long either off summoner elementals 1 shot them can reach about 60 an hour easily.

Agni+1 will be fairly easy evil weapons sleep and aspir and can find low ep ones to aga. Soma+1 might be a bit of a pain similar to varuna+1 as manticore move fairly fast even under gravity may require binds and sleeps between casts.

And finally skeletons again for vayu+1 might be hard to group aga them they dont sleep. Blizzaga3 has plummeted since the kindred crest quest so i wont be sticking to doom warlocks like i did with a previous skeleton killshot trial that I made 8 blizzaga3 from @ 130k.

My slowest trial so far for all staffs which was a bit supprising was 250 worms 250wind killshot dmg for vayu staff too fookin ages cant gather them to aga really and only 2-3 per ramp in kuftal to make it not worthwhile. That and they take about 5 tier4 whereas most other ep mob trials is 2-3 max.

Slowest trials : anything involving skeleton/worm/manticore/wyvern/ 20-50 per hour

fast trials : anything a ls would need to farm ie groundskeepers for arcana/chigoe/treants/spiders/moriouche/rabbits/beastmen pet elementals/flies/crabs 40-80 per hour
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-12 11:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Maruraba said:
What about Shareeravadi +1 on the ice path, via Trial 2193?

DMG 74, Delay 356
INT +8
MAB +11

Doesn't this neatly beat out the HQ elemental staves as far as damage goes in one staff? Obviously it's not as good as the full-damage elemental staves from trials, but for those who don't have the time to hunt them all down, this might be a nice space saver.

I bet that this staff and the mag acc staff will beat out the HQs by the time everyone hits 99 for dmg and accuracy. If you're looking to save space and aren't a full time mage. Otherwise SE has given mages ALOT of work for us to keep up.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-12 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Maruraba said:
What about Shareeravadi +1 on the ice path, via Trial 2193? DMG 74, Delay 356 INT +8 MAB +11 Doesn't this neatly beat out the HQ elemental staves as far as damage goes in one staff? Obviously it's not as good as the full-damage elemental staves from trials, but for those who don't have the time to hunt them all down, this might be a nice space saver.
I bet that this staff and the mag acc staff will beat out the HQs by the time everyone hits 99 for dmg and accuracy. If you're looking to save space and aren't a full time mage. Otherwise SE has given mages ALOT of work for us to keep up.

Meh who wants it too easy what they have laid before us is a good ammount of mobs/time sink imo. I doubt that many people had all 8 hq elemental staffs at 51 as soon as they were released back in 2002? ish idk I wasnt playing then but this is nothing that is overboard when it comes to work. Just think of it as more of a longterm challenge maybe less important staffs such as kubera will be a staff blms will be completing in 2+ years time when the others are done.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-12 11:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that staff will come to prominence only if meteor is non elemental.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-12 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Soma staff watersday 3947 magic burst flood2 on a shadow lizard lol fun.
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2010-09-22 17:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Should at least get to lvl 83 hq'ing 6 staffs obviously I dont want to complete them and hand them in before reaching 85. If I include the mobs and xp needed to finish Yayu staff and Kubera I probably wont need to abyssea blm at all to 85. edit: Vayu staff trial 2176 250 skeleton 250wind dmg final blow.
SE I hate you. Wind kills on skels fricking blows! Im mulling my way thru the 150 kills for this staff atm. I think my head is going to explode. There is almost no easy choice. You cant count on rounding up 6 skels and aoe them down to nothing since sleep never wants to be consistant against drk property mobbs. One or 3 at a time and slowga rotting away...