By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-09-08 23:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Langdebeve +1
DMG: 111 Delay: 492
Add. Effect: Def. -15%

Stingray +1
Dmg: 105 Delay: 492
Weaponskill Dmg. +10%

Assuming that I could not reach a 5-hit built with the STP Stingray, which would be better for general use?

Edit: Fixed Typo
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-08 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you only solo/merit on DRG, Stingray +1.
 Unicorn.Maaroh
Server: Unicorn
user: Maaroh
By Unicorn.Maaroh 2010-09-09 15:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Langdebeve +1 is DMG: 108+3 or 111.
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-09-09 21:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm going to work on a Stingray +1 now. I'd like a higher damage polearm but going to save Oathkeeper for that if I choose the Cerastes+1 or go for Rhongomant.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 22:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Drakes +10% on a 105 polearm sounds juicy...but I think I'm still gonna go with the dex+ acc+ polearm
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-09 22:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Store TP Stingray can get Store TP+12 no? 5 hit build mang!

Then these shoes called Ace's Shoes came out, 3 haste, -4acc 8 attack, 5 store tp. So that just make it easier. Hopefully they dont drop off some *** *** scorpion or tonberry.

This Ace guy must get around though

Theres some guy out there wearing a shirt and gloves but nothing else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-10 00:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Drakes +10% on a 105 polearm sounds juicy...but I think I'm still gonna go with the dex+ acc+ polearm
You're rarely if ever going to need all that accuracy after proper swaps elsewhere. 75 cap content needs no accuracy whatsoever now, if level 80 NMs didn't scale up then they don't need much (aside from that Tonberry freak), and even most Scars content isn't so evasive that you should need full acc + an acc polearm. Don't bother with it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-10 01:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

what about with V helm Fyre?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-10 02:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your options. Somebody with Hecatomb Cap is going to come out ahead using STR + Heca over DEX + Varangean if a lower acc combo than either one takes you below capped accuracy, but with Perle or Champion's Galea it would depend on what other trades you could throw around. This does assume you aren't capping accuracy with STR + Varangian, which is quite possible and even likely on 75-cap content at 85.
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-09-11 18:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, I wonder if the magian trials will get another upgrade next level cap increase?

Imagine if Stingray gets a +2 (or a beefed up +1) upgrade like the AF3s:
-That 10% WS bonus might turn into a TP bonus or something better.
-The STP lance gets 15-20 STP for it's +2.

It's impossible to determine if they get further upgrades, but I'm going to risk the 105DMG +10% WS damage since I already have Impulse Drive and can do the trials (WS collection lulz) plus, I see much potential in this.
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-09-11 18:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i have got the stingray and im going to work on getting the dex and acc polearm because i lack acc atm :)
 Bahamut.Arouis
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-09-11 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Im almost finished the langdebve +1, and then finishing stingray with 10% all ws's. There easy to do, so you should do them both, 1 for solo, 1 for team play.
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-09-20 13:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on my Stingray at the moment, and I can't decide which version to go for. +10% damage for all weaponskills sounds very nice, but I'm wondering if Store TP would result in better damage overall thanks to more frequent weaponskills?
By Rastaelvan 2010-09-20 13:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I shall not be working on any special polearm until the level cap is 99. just for very, very, very safe measures.
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-09-20 13:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Railock said:

Except TP Bonus would be less guaranteed damage than straight DMG+10% on Drakesbane.

Just sayin'.

I'm working on WS:DMG+10% for soloing, but have the Langdebeve +1 with additional effect: weakens defense for partying and Dynamis, etc. Situational weapons are situational, like damn near everything else in this game.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-21 05:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question that's been bugging the hell out of me.

Before I start working on

I need to know how the DEF DOWN effect works.

Does it stack with Angon?
Does it stack with Dia?

Or does it overwrite Angon/Dia?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 06:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Overwrites Angon, stacks with Dia.
Asura.Railock said:
At the risk of getting ahead of myself, I wonder if the magian trials will get another upgrade next level cap increase?

It's impossible to determine if they get further upgrades, but I'm going to risk the 105DMG +10% WS damage since I already have Impulse Drive and can do the trials (WS collection lulz) plus, I see much potential in this.
*** yeah, TP bonus on those crit WS!
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-09-21 06:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I have a question that's been bugging the hell out of me. Before I start working on I need to know how the DEF DOWN effect works. Does it stack with Angon? Does it stack with Dia? Or does it overwrite Angon/Dia?

Stacks with Dia, overwrites Angon.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-21 06:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Overwrites Angon, stacks with Dia.
Asura.Railock said:

*** yeah, TP bonus on those crit WS!
Hmmm. Whats the proc rate on the DEF DOWN? I'm very big on using Angon and if I recall correctly angons defense down is 20%. I would hate to use Angon and have it overwritten by a slightly weaker defense down.

If I didn't make that specific weapon what would you say the next best weapon would be? Thanks for the quick reply by the way. I appreciate the feedback.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-09-27 20:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the 98dmg +6 Str +20 Atk Langdebeve? Was wanting to make this one, but wasn't sure how it stacked up against some of the others. Plus the 200 Flan Trial looks a little scary to me....
 Titan.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-27 20:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the str/att one and my damage numbers are huge on abyssea mobs. Drg does not need any extra acc especially with the new Acc bonus trait we get. Since most of our WS are multihit having the added attack is nice, and with mobs AGI being all over the place, it is tough to make a consistent dex build for Drakesbane crits. Not to mention you can get some pretty intense numbers with Sonic with a high str build as well. So in my personal opinion the Str/att one covers all these areas, however I could see the WS+10% one being very nice too.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-27 20:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect the Walk of Echoes polearm to beat everything else non-empyrean/relic, but I could be wrong.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-09-27 21:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How rough was the flan trial Eiryn? Wondering if I'm gonna be able to solo that portion or not :P
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-27 21:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch said:
How rough was the flan trial Eiryn? Wondering if I'm gonna be able to solo that portion or not :P

Flans should go quick, everyone doing a str/att trial hits them at one point or another

fnished my kila today (meed 85 for +1) bu at flans we would have BLU/SAM/DRG/RNG/THF/PLD etc etc etc

anybody doing a str/at shows up a pudding camp at one point or another lol

need to get back to focusing on my OAT lance, been pushing dagger to pair with kila

unless something better then OAT besides WoE lance?
 Titan.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-27 21:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch said:

Yea, flans were the toughest part solo, but all you need as drg/mage is a rdm or a blu to help you out and you should be able to get it done in 3-4 firesdays, even less if you happen upon a group while you are out there. Everything else was a breeze and lol300 birds for the +1 when the lesser colibri count.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-09-27 21:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, tyvm.