Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Ferusio said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:
guys think of body stats when they come out lol
I'm trying to think where I'm gonna find the free time to do all this *** :/
lulz i quit for 3mnths and i come back to this i gotta do 4 jobs 75-85 and rdm 40-85 then all this ; ;
Well I'm happy that I can do this in my spare time, and then the 99 update comes up on christmas break. I'll be able to keep up, just maybe a bit slower than other people ; ; You should come to pheonix with me feru! Let me out parse that sam of yours.
we both know that'l never happen :P, would come to Pnizzle but i couldn't abandon kvag again. How u been anyway man.

Eh, I havent been doing much until this update. Go to LS events then afk in wg the rest of the day. I'm running for bunch of student government positions this year, as well as going to some national competitions for law/political science students so I'm very busy.
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Selzak 2010-09-09 17:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Our set doesn't look as impressive as the others, but I'm going to withhold judgment at least until the entire set is complete.

The reason we appear to have gotten shafted is because SE is apparently not giving up on the idea of the nuking DRK. Right now that seems like it's just holding us back, but who knows maybe they're planning on doing something that will make our spell casting more relevant to our damage.

Also, I'm going to assume that the body pieces will be the big part of all of the sets. Since body and hands aren't out yet, maybe those are two of the big DRK pieces and our relatively less impressive feet and legs are just part of the balance. What annoyed me most is that the two abilities that are augmented on those pieces are casting related. I'm thinking that when the body and hands are released DRK will get the best of it.

Here are the things I'm curious about looking forward:
1) How will "Attacks occasionally deal damage varying with HP" play out? I'm expecting about a 10% proc rate and probably about the same, if not a bit weaker, than Souleater.
2) Most jobs got some pretty significant changes to their important abilities, what might we see since the only place left for ours are the body and hands? I can foresee something that changes the job completely, like the Last Resort duration that everyone wants or a change to Souleater that makes it more usable.
3) Since SE seems intent on making us cast, will we finally gain the ability to actually make worthwhile use of our elemental magic- and how might that effect the job?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 18:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1k Drain 2s wru
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-09-10 21:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent a couple hours and got myself Flanchard +1 today. Initial testing on Nether Void gives an extra +5 boost to an Absorb-Stat spell for +33 base. Seemingly no extra effect with Drain and Aspir; casting both with and without pants and Nether Void active returned roughly the same amount.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-10 21:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard were the NMs for the seals?
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-09-10 21:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have to fight any - there's a quest you can grind in A-Misareaux that coughs up RDM/RNG/DRK/PUP leg seals. Buy a bunch of sheep meat from your local Zulkheim vendor, go to Misareaux conflux 6, cook all of it into Galkan sausage, go to conflux 3, trade it all to Hungry Wolf until he gives you what you need (you have to zone each time, it is very annoying).

Cheap as hell, yes, but I've been trying to get Abyss Flanchard for I think two years now and I want some Dark Magic pants already argh.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-10 21:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
How hard were the NMs for the seals?

It Varies, So far reports say that up to 7, possible all 20 Seals, Can drop from the NMs there.

I know that Leg Seals come from Mis. Coast

Head seals come from Vunkerl

and feet seals from attowha.

(Might have mixed up attowha/Vunkerl, I'm tired)

Either Way with that being said, the NM's difficulty varies greatly based on well, What NM you fight =x

Edit: Also the quests likely cough up all Jobs as well, Just few are confirmed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Juris
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-09-13 15:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to upgrade these yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-13 15:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Juris said:
Anyone know how to upgrade these yet?

I made a guide a bit ago. Still updating it, only a few jobs' head seal quests still need to be found out.
 Bismarck.Juris
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-09-13 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.