Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-08 21:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Ha!!!

You only get +6% haste from the set!

And worthless MAB!

I'm going to laugh if we get Haste+5% on the Hands next update. Just so you know.

And uh, MAB is awesome for spellcasting.
By Randomguy 2010-09-08 21:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Randomguy said:
Ha!!!

And worthless MAB!

I'm going to laugh if we get Haste+5% on the Hands next update. Just so you know.
Poor DRKs.

They have to cut themselves to try to be as awesome as WARs.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-08 21:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty happy with new options for AM build and I have been trying to figure out a good casting pair of feet for a while, so not a bad set.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-08 21:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
I'm pretty happy with new options for AM build and I have been trying to figure out a good casting pair of feet for a while, so not a bad set.
AM?
By Randomguy 2010-09-08 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

since I'm not a DRK, I have to wonder.

Why in the ****ing hell do you want to cast any elemental spells on ***as DRK?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-08 21:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly just to get the last bit of TP for WS, depending on how much more you need. Some soloing too I guess.

I don't see a reason otherwise, unless SE decides to give in and make Dark Magic nukes.

Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-08 21:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i must admit I'm slightly disappointed, but only if the haste is not coming in the other two pieces. If we get a decent amount of haste in the Hands and Feet these 3 pieces are indeed pretty awesome.

Drk nukes will be pretty decent with these pieces.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-08 21:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like SE wants to make fulltime gear <_<
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 21:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gives them some versatility, saw a DRK soloing that flesh VNM in Xarca via pinning and nuking.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 21:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:

Back in the day, DRKs wouldn't nuke. However judging from the previous updates DRK has received, SE is trying to change that. They're trying to push DRK into casting magic more.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-08 21:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried the new Occult Acumen since they said they'd increase the TP gained. I got 3 TP from a 609 Drain II.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-08 21:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Randomguy said:
Ha!!!

And worthless MAB!

Poor DRKs.

They have to cut themselves to try to be as awesome as WARs.
poor WARs they need to WS in order to stun
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-08 21:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
AM?

AM = Aftermath.

Randomguy said:

If you're referring to the Magic attack bonus, it's good for bio/bio II. Damage per tick is increased with dark magic skill but the initial damage of bio is increased with magic attack bonus.

My DRK's bio set has 330 Darkmagic skill, which is more than enough to get the 8/tick dmg(only need 291 skill for 8/tick Bio II), and then I also have, in my Bio gear set, some magic attack bonus pieces such as relic body, vicious mufflers, moldavite earring etc. to increase the initial dmg of my Bio II.

As for elemental spells on drk, perhaps ZNM armed gears, and/or omega when on 4 legs, or just stuff that you shouldn't be meleeing; however, problem is...if you're in such a situation, you should probably be on a different job...such as BLM, unless you don't have a mage job leveled, that is (in which case it does give drk a little more versatility). But yeah...
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-08 22:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I occasionally find myself casting a T3, ***'s situational. The main reason I would want the boots for any casting purposes is the macc as drk does not have access to any dark skill or macc on the feet until now. Other than during new moon ***.

Set looks like fun and since a select few of us can wear all 3 items and maintain gear haste cap it will be interesting to see if the hp / attack set bonus is worth a damn.

I'm also hopeful in our future hands having haste on them. 4-5 haste on the hands, can I has it >.>
[+]
 Alexander.Luwu
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Luwu 2010-09-08 22:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Ha!!! You only get +6% haste from the set! And worthless MAB!

what really only from set do the other effects take place?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-08 22:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As for this new drk "AF3" ...

Basically:

Head: Looks Good for TPing.

Legs: Looks Good for WSs, good for Dark magic spells, and good for Nether void macro piece.

Feet: Looks Good for WSs, and good for spells.

Also, this drk "AF3" may be a possible option for an Apoc drk's AM build. That is yet to be seen though. (in regards to how the set bonus works, what other stats the body and hands may have, and what other gear may come out later as well etc.)

These DRK "AF3" pieces seem more WS and/or magic oriented. (except for the Head having haste+6%, Doubleattack+3%, STR, DEX, scythe skill etc, thus a good TP head piece.)

Nevertheless, these 3 pieces are far from "useless" and who knows what the body and hands will have... maybe some good haste. (War "AF3" legs and feet had haste but their head didn't have haste... maybe their hands won't even have haste either etc. though this is pure speculation. Who knows...)

Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-08 23:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be kinda cool to hit 26% haste easier on DRK instead of slightly boosting WS dmg, kinda disappointed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-09 00:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wish there was some greatsword skill + on one of the pieces :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2010-09-09 03:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG cmon now after those str10 legs from what was it cerb~type mob for war,rng,sam,and like acouple of other jobs that made every drk QQ
this update brought us a Str12 legs with +15 att And +15 acc that just makes me wanna cry for joy. We can now push our guillotines builds to insane hieghts with all the +mnd/str.
Im for one on happy Aba, and I cant wait to see the other two pieces we possibly get to finish out the set
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-09 04:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally feet with some kind of Magic ACC for my Dark Magic Set that doesnt involve weather.

Also *** you Perle, happy I refused to use that garbage set of armor, refuse to be a Jango Fett Clone Trooper! O:<

6% Haste hat = No Moar 5/5 Perle

<== Happy :)
By Whizzkid90 2010-09-09 07:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Im glad I still get to wear the sexy looking Homam and E.body

not impressed in DRK getting dumped with WS and magic peices though
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-09 07:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping next update Hands are going to have 4-5% haste, although SE needs to remove the haste cap or Apoc has just lost what makes it shine.

Other Jobs like WAR and SAM can cap haste w/out even trying now, w/out having to use a shitty WS to remain at the haste cap which really makes Apoc Drk kind of bleh...

Real slap in the face to black belt Mnks too, you can cap haste with just a brown belt now :/
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-09 07:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Hoping next update Hands are going to have 4-5% haste, although SE needs to remove the haste cap or Apoc has just lost what makes it shine.

Other Jobs like WAR and SAM can cap haste w/out even trying now, w/out having to use a shitty WS to remain at the haste cap which really makes Apoc Drk kind of bleh...

Real slap in the face to black belt Mnks too, you can cap haste with just a brown belt now :/

Even if other jobs or even other drks can cap haste with the new gear, I still have the highest base damage weapon in the game, gogo 130 /w acc +30, and I still only technically need 16% to maintain cap which means I can fulltime a different mix of gear with higher stats without worrying about haste as much. Looking forward to capping haste with head / belt / hands during AM >.>.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2010-09-09 07:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste 6% on a head piece.... is bad?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-09 07:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Even if other jobs or even other drks can cap haste with the new gear, I still have the highest base damage weapon in the game, gogo 130 /w acc +30, and I still only technically need 16% to maintain cap which means I can fulltime a different mix of gear with higher stats without worrying about haste as much. Looking forward to capping haste with head / belt / hands during AM >.>.

A properly geared WAR/SAM at capped haste versus a Relic Drk spamming Cata to remain at capped haste will wipe the floor with the Drk with very little effort. There is a HUGE Gap Between Warrior and Dark Knight that SE needs to fix.

I love Drk its my favorite job, but Zerk, Retaliation, Warriors charge, Double attack, a lower delay Six hit, and Stronger Weapon skill are just too much for DRK to keep up with, if you are trying to argue that then you are just in denial.

If I missed something I am sure Mankey will be glad to add to that~
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-09 07:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Arkanethered said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

A properly geared WAR/SAM at capped haste versus a Relic Drk spamming Cata to remain at capped haste will wipe the floor with the Drk with very little effort. There is a HUGE Gap Between Warrior and Dark Knight that SE needs to fix.

I love Drk its my favorite job, but Zerk, Retaliation, Warriors charge, Double attack, a lower delay Six hit, and Stronger Weapon skill are just too much for DRK to keep up with, if you are trying to argue that then you are just in denial.

If I missed something I am sure Mankey will be glad to add to that~

This.

They should give us 3min duration on last resort, would help!
[+]
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 07:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished Products: Say hello to our new friends.

One word: Butter!

Love every bit of it. Not to worried about the lack of haste. As a DRK, we picked a job that uses slow and powerful weapons. We are never gonna have as much haste on our gear as other jobs. But hoping we do get a bit more from body and hands. I wonder how this varying attack to HP thing is gonna work? I hope it procs as much as the Weapongs that occ. att. X.
First Page 2 3