Brooder
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-06 22:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else notice the feet drop rate is *** horrible? I'm 0/28 atm... last 10 were all with th4 too... I'm wondering if maybe the feet aren't effected by TH but if it is effected by activating the !!s which i have never done in any of the kills. So far im 25/28 on mantle 0/28 on feet.

Any information on !! and drop rates that wiki doesn't already state would be very appreciated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-06 22:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep getting shitty mantles with my friend too but I didn't see any !!s triggered even with a bunch of DDs and mages on it.
 Phoenix.Elaenia
Server: Phoenix
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-06 22:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure on the exact number, but we've killed tons of brooders with th4 and have only seen 2 pairs of shoes, but have gotten a mantle almost every single time.
we've only managed to pop the !! once, but no drop then either
but yeah.. sorry your luck is so awful. the drop rate is abysmal :\
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-06 22:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

same experience for me .-. wasted so many goddamn stones soloing that *** mob with a th4guy coming in for kills

got a couple mantles, popped the !!!? i think it had 3 !'s once but that only gave me like a *** sheep skin as the extra drop

no shoes /wrist
[+]
 Phoenix.Avelle
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-06 22:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate is pretty horrible. Think I went like 1/11 on it with like 8 or 9 times with TH4. I've known people who had my luck and some people who went 1/1. It's shitty but just keep after it.
 Ifrit.Linksamus
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-09-06 22:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the !!s as well. On the Order of the Blue Gartr website, I found a forum specifically on abyssea NM weakness triggers. They have Evisceration, Shark Bite, Tachi:Kasha, Tachi:Koki, Raiden Thrust, Bio II, aspir, stun, water IV and stone IV as possible triggers. I've killed brooder about 18 times myself and have yet to hit the trigger solo. My BLM buddy helped me kill it a few times and aspir hit it, but all I've seen drop is the mantle. From some of the stats that Blue Gartr has it seems that if you can manage to trigger !! with evis or shark bite it can/will drop the sabots. I've tried all possible red mage triggers and haven't had any luck, so I think their theory about the trigger having something to do with the popper's job having some credibility to it. I'd like to try popping it with a thf drg and sam present, but I fear this won't be done any time soon with school starting back up next week for me. Maybe another rdm can try this in my stead?

Blue gartr also posted an interesting NPC comment. It went something along the lines of "try killing the creatures here in creative ways, it will be sure to produce positive results". I'm thinking find the trigger that you can cause to go off repeatedly and kill the mob with it. Anyways, I hope some of what I've said can be made useful. GL to my fellow Brooder hunters! If you get any good results let me know!!
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2010-09-06 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1/7 the one it dropped we didn't activate any !!'s Hope your luck gets better.
[+]
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-06 23:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed another... no drop>< this is getting really stupid. Haven't seen 1 !! in all of those kills, tried using sams thfs and rdm / blms, nothing... wiki sucks! none of those triggers are working for us.
 Fenrir.Necrids
Server: Fenrir
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-09-06 23:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

im 0/12 so far on the feet so far as rdm/sch. have managed to pop the trigger only three times but all three times it was a yellow !! that was activated. the first time it activated was with a bio II, second time was with aero III, and third time was bio II again. ive only seen yellow !!s activate but have heard that red and blue !!s can be activated also. i dont know if they are activated by certain spells during certain days or anything like that but would appreciate any other information about these triggers if possible.
 Ifrit.Linksamus
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-09-06 23:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've read, enfeebling/dark/divine magic trigger yellow !!, physical WS triggers blue !!, magical WS trigger red !! and ele magic triggers green !!. Theory is that blue !! helps drop rate on brooder
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-07 01:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kk ill try this more with melees then... i usually solo it on rng with a TH4 out there;;
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-07 02:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The !! system is kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It seems to be completely random every time, so to be sure of hitting it, you have to have a whole alliance there, using every type of weapon and cycling through ws's and spells until you randomly hit a weakness... And after all that, you get an "increased chance" at key item drops or wtf ever it's supposed to do...

Anyway, me and my friend were 1/1 on boots, but since I want them too, we're now like, 1/15
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-07 02:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1, all of 3 hours to farm T2 abyssite, solo brooder and get drop! Have soloed (once during an abyssean exp alliance, we were laughing in linkshell about it) and duoed multiple times for friend's pair now, with THF coming in to tag and haven't even seen mantle now. Thinking of pinning Ruminator with these T3 abyssites we have lying around now, curious how well it would work out.

There's nothing like a steady flow of meds to spam while you're soloing brooder, and 2 merits lmao :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Sekundes
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Sekundes 2010-09-07 02:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
The !! system is kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It seems to be completely random every time, so to be sure of hitting it, you have to have a whole alliance there, using every type of weapon and cycling through ws's and spells until you randomly hit a weakness... And after all that, you get an "increased chance" at key item drops or wtf ever it's supposed to do...

Anyway, me and my friend were 1/1 on boots, but since I want them too, we're now like, 1/15

Tell me about it...
We are currently 0/30+ on the NM
Only thing that triggered !! on it was Blizzard IV once and still no drop ( probably since it's a yellow !!)
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-09-07 02:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This didn't make me feel better, I'm 0/6 currently and not looking forward to more of this no-drop nonsense ; ;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-07 03:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Linksamus said:
From what I've read, enfeebling/dark/divine magic trigger yellow !!, physical WS triggers blue !!, magical WS trigger red !! and ele magic triggers green !!. Theory is that blue !! helps drop rate on brooder
Green and yellow !! are the same thing, people just don't have their screens set up properly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-07 03:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this was a Derfy the Galka thread for a second...
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-07 04:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
[+]
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-07 12:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol well at least i know its not just me :/
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-07 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-07 12:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Snap, thankfully its not!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-07 12:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say how many times we've done it because I've repressed it but we have not seen a single drop. On the other hand we've all got gloves 8/10 on drop. This common item, rare item crap makes it very difficult, particularly with how over camped brooder is.

I hope they make changes to the !! system because currently it is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-07 12:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend went 1/4, I'll ask him about !!s when he gets on later.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-07 12:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

im like 0/9, never triggered !!, im 4/9 on back piece thou<.<
kinda gave up right now bc he is pretty camped when i try to go, will probably pick it up again soon. GL

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-07 13:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't like to solo stuff, a lot of groups I see camping brooder try to pop when everyone is in zone. You don't need good gear or anything, just mage/NIN while your friend(s) comes (when you've seen it's up) and pin him on some wall to hold (I prefer the one at the #02 conflux because of the martello) while friends arrive. Just cast Bio/Poison/some other dot on it as well so they can't GM you for holding. The time you spend trying to claim against other groups or just grabbing visitant to check every so often has to be almost equal to the time lost holding.

You could always do what I did and go RDM/NIN (/anon) to a frog alliance, nobody will know if you don't cast utsu (frogs don't need -nas) and you can use the tons of extra time from when you're done to solo/hold without wasting stones. Could try camping RDM/NIN anon while exping, when you heal and see he's up tell some RDM seeking outside to come rep you, say you have to go right now >_> Your party will survive without hastes/refreshes for 3 minutes tops.

Some people go through more hassle trying to find help+claim something like this than others do soloing it. If anyone is new to pinning and wants to solo here's the one for the wall I like near the martello. Red line is his path, blue line is when you should move near wall again so he'll turn around. This was for Tuna's feet, SMN can BP through the wall when you nuke.

[+]
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-07 18:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer this kiting spot myself near conflux 3, Its very easy for any job to do it, much like tree/fence pinning spots for VNMs, this pin spot you go to right side and he will make the circle, when u go to the left side he jumps back over, then u go to right side again and it gives you about 10seconds to do whatever you want to him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lagunabel
Server: Ragnarok
user: juro
By Ragnarok.Lagunabel 2010-09-07 18:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The screenshot of the GM force despawning Krabkatoa due to this pinning "strategy" being illegal has been fairly amusing. I hope they will keep it up.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-07 18:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks
[+]
First Page 2