Ff14 Pc Specs...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » ff14 pc specs...
ff14 pc specs...
 Leviathan.Xxor
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: xxor
By Leviathan.Xxor 2010-09-04 10:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Minimum PC System Requirements
PC Processor TypeIntel® Core™ 2 Duo processor, AMD Athlon™ X2 processorPC Processor Speed2.4GHzPC Operating
SystemWindows XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, Windows 7PC System Memory2GB RAMPC Hard Drive Space10GBPC Video512MB 32-bit 1280 x 720 DirectX 9.0c-compatible NVIDIA GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 2900 or higher video cardPC Sound CardDirectSound-compatible sound cardPC Drive Type and SpeedDVD-ROMPC Additional RequirementsBroadband Internet service is required to play this gamePC Optional RequirementsA gamepad is recommended, but not required to play this gameScreenshots

Leviathan.Xxor
By Leviathan.Xxor 2010-09-04 10:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

so what would be the lowest grapics card this game would allow price rang make and model number? from best buy or walmart. united states.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 10:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you posted the lowest vidcard this game will play on in your first post nvidia 8800gt, radeon HD 2900 series or better. but seriously dont buy your pc parts from walmart or best buy, go to http://newegg.com or http://tigerdirect.com will save you atleast $30 and you will have a much bigger selection to chose from

Leviathan.Xxor
By Leviathan.Xxor 2010-09-04 11:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yea lowest might not have been the choice words since those are the lowest ones. so what i meant to say is in price whats the cheapest card and model? theres tons of grapic cards out there other then the 2 they listed but best buy is in my city those links are not...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-04 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just buy a good card and not worry about it for 2 years? :p
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldnt buy anything under a nvidia 9800gt like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130440. you could order it today and have it at your house by wed at the latest
 Kujata.Nours
Server: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Nours 2010-09-04 11:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your budget and current specs but I'd advice one of those two as they have great performances for low price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121363&cm_re=5770-_-14-121-363-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121390

Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 11:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xxor said:
yea lowest might not have been the choice words since those are the lowest ones. so what i meant to say is in price whats the cheapest card and model? theres tons of grapic cards out there other then the 2 they listed but best buy is in my city those links are not...

Both of those companies deliver via UPS/FedEx.

I mean, you could go super cheap, but I wouldn't go any cheaper then this (See link)

Link

Also the Nvidia 9XXX series of GPUs are quite old and overpriced. Same with the 3XXX/4XXX of ATI. You can get comparable performance with a newer budget card for cheaper, simply because it's being manufactured like wild fire.

Another thing to consider.

You could wait for PS3 release since a PS3 costs you 300 and gives you more then likely amazing performance. It also gives you a plethora of other cool new games incase XIV isn't everything you dreamed it would be.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 11:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

also, you will most likly need a new power supply, the 9800gt pulls like 36amps. i would recommend at least 600w psu
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Nours said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121363&cm_re=5770-_-14-121-363-_-Product

This is the family of card I have for my build and I played Open beta for a while and everything ran flawless, but it's a bit spendier. Many people need more then just a graphics card update, so that extra 60 could be placed into something else giving more of a boost then just an expensive card that is bottle necked by an old proc or lack of memory.

My best advice, Rebuild your PC or Buy PS3

Just 1 piece of hardware isn't going to make XIV work, it'll be more then just a graphics card.
Odin.Moondaddy said:
also, you will most likly need a new power supply, the 9800gt pulls like 36amps. i would recommend at least 600w psu
Prime example. :)

Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not that good with computers so I'm gonna post it here real quick, these are the specs of my desktop.

Processor - Intel dual core 2.5GHZ
Memory - 4060 MB RAM

Intel 4 series express family chipset
total memory - 1759 MB

I don't know if you need more information but I am guessing that graphic card is in built with the motherboard or soemthing cause it's really shitty. Which graphic card would you recommend from here?
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The same one I recommended to OP would work for you also. You are bottle necked by that old proc which means buying anything high cost is not going to give you more performance.

There is a really cool program you can use to give you a more detailed layout of your PC in terms of more specific info related to each piece of hardware.

Let me find link, will edit into post.

Edit:Fake and Gay

Edit 2, Electric Boogaloo: Here is what you should come up with. False and Homosexual
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 11:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
The same one I recommended to OP would work for you also. You are bottle necked by that old proc which means buying anything high cost is not going to give you more performance.

There is a really cool program you can use to give you a more detailed layout of your PC in terms of more specific info related to each piece of hardware.

Let me find link, will edit into post.

Edit:Fake and Gay

Well played, sir. Let me do that and get right back to you.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 11:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

thats why i recommended the nvidia 9xxx series cards, you wont have a bottleneck as long as you have a dual core. but jumping to a fermi or top of the line HD5xxx card needs a quadcore or your just not goin to see the full performance
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 12:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Operating System
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.50GHz 42 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
LENOVO To be filled by O.E.M. (CPU 1)
Graphics
L227W @ 1680x1050
Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST3500820AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface) 35 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10N ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 12:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:
thats why i recommended the nvidia 9xxx series cards, you wont have a bottleneck as long as you have a dual core. but jumping to a fermi or top of the line HD5xxx card needs a quadcore or your just not goin to see the full performance

It's a great suggestion, but you'd get similar performance using my suggestion at about 30 dollars less the cost was my point. Either or Both work, take your pick :) Not saying you were wrong at all; In fact I agree completely with you! I was just posting my 2cents :)

Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Maximillion said:
Stuff
Not bad man, better then expected, so both Moondaddy and I's suggestions would be perfect. Take your pick if you have a preference. Both would be a huge gain compared to onboard.

The only thing you can't just magically know with software is your power supply specs. My suggestion is get into contact with your manufacturer on it's specifications, then proceed to each card and see it's requirements. Then whatever one works best for you power supply, go for it :)
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 12:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh i know, only reason i chose the card i did is because i have a 9800gt 512mb card and 14 uses about 500mb of vid ram. i think my card is about the same price as the one you suggested, but if i could go back id get that damn 1gig card lol
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have a dell/compaq/hp/whatever you WILL HAVE TO buy a new powersupply. tbh i have no idea how these new pc's even boot with 350w psu's lol
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 12:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Siren.Maximillion said:
Stuff
Not bad man, better then expected, so both Moondaddy and I's suggestions would be perfect. Take your pick if you have a preference. Both would be a huge gain compared to onboard.

The only thing you can't just magically know with software is your power supply specs. My suggestion is get into contact with your manufacturer on it's specifications, then proceed to each card and see it's requirements. Then whatever one works best for you power supply, go for it :)

I might be taking it to this computer shop today. My desktop has been neglected and man handled for a long time. My sister downloaded like 30 gb worth movies on this and there's not even an anti virus on here, lol. He would probably know about the power supply and stuff.
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:
if you have a dell/compaq/hp/whatever you WILL HAVE TO buy a new powersupply. tbh i have no idea how these new pc's even boot with 350w psu's lol

It's a Lenovo, are those good?
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 12:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:
oh i know, only reason i chose the card i did is because i have a 9800gt 512mb card and 14 uses about 500mb of vid ram. i think my card is about the same price as the one you suggested, but if i could go back id get that damn 1gig card lol
Odin.Moondaddy said:

Moondaddy, you are my partner in crime on this thread. Love it!

As for memory issues, you can always turn down to resolution to 1024x768, it'd be kinda annoying for those of us use to higher res, but it'd free up a bit of Vidya memory.
Siren.Maximillion said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:

It's a Lenovo, are those good?

The cold hard truth is no prebuilt computer is good, it's all average. No matter what you spend, simply because they use factory reject components, like mislabeled hardware (I had a dell with a P4 that said on it 4Ghz, when it was 3Ghz) and it's to cut down on costs, and then they jack up the price. So really you buy a $1000 computer that is only really worth $600 at best.

The best you can do is build it yourself, but that's a daunting task for those of us without knowledge or experience.

The specifications of your computer are way better then the average manufactured, but it's still prebuilt which means you probably paid more for it then it was worth at brand new.

If that helps to shine some light onto the situation.

Edit: As for taking it into the computer shop, the best you can do is have it formatted clean and a fresh install and full update by the shop. While you are in there I'm sure they could give you more info on your power supply and you can ask for advice and even take in the name and model of the cards both Moondaddy and I suggested and see how they feel about them.

Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-09-04 12:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The BG thread was quite helpful with this when considering new components. Can consult the pictures below for a rough guide on hardware scores.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/94743-The-OFFICIAL-FFXIV-Benchmark-amp-Beta-Performance-Thread

High Settings Leaderboard:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3927/highl.jpg

Low Settings Leaderboard:
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4440/lowy.jpg

The far right number in each grid is their benchmark overall score.
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2010-09-04 13:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this on the FFXIV Open Beta forum and got 1 response before it go lost in the old pages, maybe someone here can give me some good advice. I have built computers in the past, but last time was almost 8 years ago so I really don't even know which components I need to buy, but I would be willing to put together my own computer if someone could post a list of components.

From other post:
So i'm planning on getting a new computer for FFXIV... from what i've been hearing/reading:
Intel > amd
and
GeForce > ATI
for work i'll need a laptop instead of a desktop so I was thinking: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115789

Would this be able to run FFXIV without any major hiccups or is there something that I should look to improve to make it run better? (more RAM etc.) Is there another computer I should look to purchase instead? keep in mind, for me a laptop >> desktop, but for the money if i could get a cheap work laptop and a great desktop i'd be willing to do that, and 1k is my approx. budget for a computer atm

If you can find a much better laptop for 1k-ish or so SEND ME A LINK! Personal use testimonies on components are great! I just want a computer for FFXIV and FFXI and maybe Excel when I'm not gaming so I'm not looking for the alpha/omega gaming box.

Any responses are appreciated!
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xxor said:
so what would be the lowest grapics card this game would allow price rang make and model number? from best buy or walmart. united states.

Why the hell would you buy computer parts from Wal-Mart? are you insane?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:

Considering you plug into an outlet that only runs between 15-20 amps max, this is impossible. *** it get a good 900+ watt modular.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Maximillion said:
I am not that good with computers so I'm gonna post it here real quick, these are the specs of my desktop.

Memory - 4060 MB RAM

total memory - 1759 MB

I don't know if you need more information but I am guessing that graphic card is in built with the motherboard or soemthing cause it's really shitty. Which graphic card would you recommend from here?

It is built in, hence why you're showing 4060 instead of 4096. First you need to know which video card slot you have and then you can figure out what you need from there. I can't recall if PCIE has different versions off the top of my head because I haven't had to mess with it in awhile but the info you need will be in your motherboard manual which you can find on the manufacturer's website, typically in a pdf.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 13:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Siren.Maximillion said:

Memory - 4060 MB RAM

total memory - 1759 MB

It is built in, hence why you're showing 4060 instead of 4096. First you need to know which video card slot you have and then you can figure out what you need from there. I can't recall if PCIE has different versions off the top of my head because I haven't had to mess with it in awhile but the info you need will be in your motherboard manual which you can find on the manufacturer's website, typically in a pdf.
PCIX16 is usually the standard, with newer 2.0 and 2.1, but cards with 2.0 or 2.1 specifications are compatible with regular X16 slots. Considering he uses a Wolfdale, I'd strongly assume he's got at least X16. Haven't seen anyone with X8 or *shudders* AGP in a longggggg time.

Thanks for your contribution. :)
 Bismarck.Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-04 13:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Veltan said:
Stuff about a laptop
Looks great, I would expect very good performance, nothing ground breaking, but much much better then most average desktops. Not a bad choice at all and if I were in your position I would definitely feel safe investing into that. :)

Also, the whole Intel>AMD and Nvidia>ATI is a price per performance argument.

Intel and Nvidia are premiums which give you what you pay for, but for less cost you can get very similar performance from AMD and ATI

I use AMD/ATI, and I built my computer for about $650. A comparitive Intel/Nvidia build would be better, marginally in some aspects, and in others quite a bit, but for probably $850. To give you some sort of comparison. :)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Siren.Maximillion said:

Memory - 4060 MB RAM

total memory - 1759 MB

PCIX16 is usually the standard, with newer 2.0 and 2.1, but cards with 2.0 or 2.1 specifications are compatible with regular X16 slots. Considering he uses a Wolfdale, I'd strongly assume he's got at least X16. Haven't seen anyone with X8 or *shudders* AGP in a longggggg time.

Thanks for your contribution. :)

Lol I still have an AGP card, but I can't afford a new machine and up until now it's done everything I've tried to do on it.