Forum » FFXI » NMs » Megantereon & Tumbler Trunks
Megantereon & Tumbler Trunks
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-03 16:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been wanting to fight this NM in abyssea La Theine for awhile now for Tumbler Trunks but I don't know anyone who has fought this NM.

Can someone give me a strategy and party set up for this NM?

I'm not going to pay 900k for these trunks if the NM can be killed with like 6 people like the Thew Bomblet NM.

-Has Endoom which may reset the hate of the player it is inflicted upon
-Uses Disorienting Wail; radial AoE Amnesia
-Seems to spam Roar; 10' radial AoE Paralysis
-Frequently Triple Attacks

25000-30000 HP

Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-03 16:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

gimme a shout trist.. i know a couple of people who will help us..

i can come sch gladly.. aoe paralyna etc.. im fairly sure it can be kited stunned etc.

either way its a pair of pants im after as well so glad to help out..

herlps i can get include rdm, drk, brd... whether theyre all on at same is a different matter but if we planned a time/day im sure i cld get the help no problem..

heard different strats but yes ive heard 6 can do it.. 2 tanks.. 2 mages.. 2 dd's
By RingmastersWord 2010-09-03 16:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Iv heard of either a rdm solo/duo, or a thief and dnc or thf and rdm duo.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 16:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily stunned and from what I've heard easily eva tanked. Obviously good to have somebody who can back you up though, his endoom is pretty nasty. RDM BRD backline with some combination of DNC, THF, NIN, and MNK tanks should make short work of him.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-03 17:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He's pretty easy really, DD/NINs (MNKs are good since they don't lose much DoT from Amnesia) and standard healing works. Endoom didn't seem to proc very often when I fought it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
He's pretty easy really, DD/NINs (MNKs are good since they don't lose much DoT from Amnesia) and standard healing works. Endoom didn't seem to proc very often when I fought it.
Really? We were 4/4 on endoom procs when we popped him for lulz D:
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-03 17:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno lol, I was doing that Rabbit as PLD/WAR then popped it and only used like half a stack of waters.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hate you >_>; We popped him MNK/NIN BLU/NIN WHM/SCH BLM/RDM and couldn't remove doom for anything. Was a joke aside from that though, would have gone down fast if doom hadn't screwed us over.
 Bahamut.Silvarion
Server: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-09-03 17:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

THF or NIN high-evasion Tank with cor eva-rolls and brd eva-songs working very well, just take a look at your shadows. that endoom will proc if u got hit. just have some time and
let the cor and or brd sub whm for parana, that tiger spams this a lot
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
Server: Caitsith
user: brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2010-09-03 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS killed him with 12. Using THF and NIN evasion tanks. NM has horrible acc. We were light on healing with just Sch and Rdm. I went as Bard and mambox2 the tanks. Killed 2/2, pants 1/2, and got key item on second. im sure this can be killed with Evasion tanksx2 rdm whm brd and cor or blm easy peasy. I wouldnt recommed using Dnc as an tank unless you have a personal paralyna mage. Hope this helps GL!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-03 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate you

; ;

Though if it's any consolation I still don't have a pair xD Too much time in Tahrongi
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate you

; ;

Though if it's any consolation I still don't have a pair xD Too much time in Tahrongi
I don't either =\ Been focusing on Brooder when I run with friends (need one more pair >.<) and it seems like all my shell cares about is Mictlantecuhtli, Chukwa, Cuelebre, and random La Theine NMs. Needs more Ovni, zone bosses, atma NMs, etc ; ;
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
Server: Caitsith
user: brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2010-09-03 18:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate you

; ;

I don't either =\ Been focusing on Brooder when I run with friends (need one more pair >.<) and it seems like all my shell cares about is Mictlantecuhtli, Chukwa, Cuelebre, and random La Theine NMs. Needs more Ovni, zone bosses, atma NMs, etc ; ;

I totally agree with you Nightfyre.
 Carbuncle.Gilder
Server: Carbuncle
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2010-09-03 18:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trio'd with THF THF BRD. The THFs will need good evasion builds and either mambo/mambo or march/mambo. Can bring a RDM to make it smoother but basically if he hits you hate will reset and the other THF will take hate so healing isn't a huge issue. I would also suggest picking up a stalwart tonic to make the fight go a bit faster, and obviously at least a stack of holy water in case doom sticks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2010-09-03 19:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk/nin x2, whm, brd, cor, killed multiple times easily. He spams ws (wail/roar) so often that I see no need for an evasion setup. I went through a stack of holy water just because I had it on me but not needed unless you're very unlucky.