Ffxiv Blacksmith Question...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » ffxiv blacksmith question...
ffxiv blacksmith question...
 Phoenix.Artimus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: artimus
By Phoenix.Artimus 2010-09-02 18:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so i started playing beta today and decided to make one of my characters a blacksmith. the problem is that I can figure out what to do or how to get started? It seems that the town i started in (whichever one is the bottom/third one on the list) doesnt have a blacksmith guild, but seems to have every other one. Any ideas where the blacksmither's guild is or how i can otherwise get started?
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-09-02 23:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

if you cant find the blacksmith guild as of now, why not try some other craft that u can find the guild for? idk.. if you'll be able to keep your beta account on actually release anyway so try to do what u can/find first? when u find the guild then switch professions
 Odin.Ananea
Server: Odin
user: Anane3298
By Odin.Ananea 2010-09-02 23:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all the crafts.. there is only one guild.. i think two per city for the most part.. you just choose the wrong city.. if you actually look at the city descriptions they say which ones they have in them... don't just spam through it hehe... and if you do have a question go look on the actual beta site.. they have much more help..
 Sylph.Mayeh
Server: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-09-03 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually need the guild, just buy the tool from the vendor and off you go. There should also be a vendor in town that sells materials.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-03 12:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to level up any craft in the alpha/beta tests was to use local guild leves. In Limsa Lominsa, there were two people behind the counter, and it was the chick on the right that offered them. Speak to her (could be different in w/e town you're in), select local guild leves > blacksmithing and you should have a few to choose from. There are basically two different types of local leves. One of them they give you the ingredients for the leve straight off the bat (access them through the synthesis menu), and you then have to find the NPC to deliver the completed products to in order to get your reward, the other, you have to find a random NPC in town, who will give you your ingredients AND your reward.

The former of these, the NPC's were all at Aetheryte camps, no idea if that's a common thing with all cities/crafts, but the guild leve will tell you if you read it carefully.

None of them actually require you to complete the guild-leve in order to rank/level up, that's just how you get your reward.
[+]
 Caitsith.Motherhuber
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Motherhuber 2010-09-08 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
The best way to level up any craft in the alpha/beta tests was to use local guild leves. In Limsa Lominsa, there were two people behind the counter, and it was the chick on the right that offered them. Speak to her (could be different in w/e town you're in), select local guild leves > blacksmithing and you should have a few to choose from. There are basically two different types of local leves. One of them they give you the ingredients for the leve straight off the bat (access them through the synthesis menu), and you then have to find the NPC to deliver the completed products to in order to get your reward, the other, you have to find a random NPC in town, who will give you your ingredients AND your reward. The former of these, the NPC's were all at Aetheryte camps, no idea if that's a common thing with all cities/crafts, but the guild leve will tell you if you read it carefully. None of them actually require you to complete the guild-leve in order to rank/level up, that's just how you get your reward.
for some of the recipies i have encountered it says that u need an ability that you can get from turning in guild marks. well, how do you join a guild to achieve the guild marks to trade in?
 Sylph.Mayeh
Server: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-09-09 09:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For the War and Magic classes Guild Marks are available as a reward for Guildleves. You get some at level 20 and a more at level 30. I think it will end up being the same, once you start to get Guildleves that are of high enough level, they will be available as rewards.