Stoneja?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Stoneja?
Stoneja?
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-09-09 17:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason it was named Stoneja and not Stonega IV, imo, is because of the cumulative effect. The more you cast it the stronger it gets. BLM magian trial pants+2 also boost this effect. I recently hit 85 blm and have been playing around with the -ja spells. The boost is pretty noticeable, further testing is needed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 17:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 2 in miseraux coast abyssea
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-09 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
The reason it was named Stoneja and not Stonega IV, imo, is because of the cumulative effect. The more you cast it the stronger it gets. BLM magian trial pants+2 also boost this effect. I recently hit 85 blm and have been playing around with the -ja spells. The boost is pretty noticeable, further testing is needed.

does it boost your char? and stay boosted when you zone? or is it just on 1 mob. new mob resets the boost? hows it work?

also about on average how much does it do and MP cost?

Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-09 17:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:

At level 86, BLMs get the black magic spell Coneja, boosted by the AF3+2 hat...

[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-12 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
does it boost your char? and stay boosted when you zone? or is it just on 1 mob. new mob resets the boost? hows it work? also about on average how much does it do and MP cost?

Started dmg 2244 waterja3 then after 1 nuke it went to 2345 isnt increasing anymore they have all done 2345 now. Well except this one im about to do... 2427 but that one had 150int burn on it thats on watersday against Ajattara. For comparison sake my waterV is doing 2120 no uggy to 2250 uggy and with the burn. Could most likely top 3k waterja3 on standard abyssea mob non magic bursted they appear to be less magic resistant than these, more with a cor no doubt or drink to boost magic attack.
By clyclie 2010-09-15 17:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i know these can be purchased...but does any1 know if they drop in the new ares? and also, how hard is the nm fight for the witchstone?
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-15 17:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

clyclie said:
i know these can be purchased...but does any1 know if they drop in the new ares? and also, how hard is the nm fight for the witchstone?

As with all new spells, they will most likely drop in the new Abyssea zone chests.

Judging by the fact they are cheaper at the auction house than NPC, I guess that verifies it.