Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-08-26 11:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanafest2010 said:
"[ Black Mage ]
The joy of black magic is that of blast, blast, blasting your enemies away-even if you don't always survive the battle-and we plan to further explore this path.
To that end, black mages can look forward to adding Meteor (strength and attributes yet to be determined) to their spellbooks in the none-too-distant future!"

Mana Wall accounts for the first part but Meteor has not been added yet. I believe this will be part of the next update for BLMs. The level of monsters who currently use Meteor, such as AV, KB and Yilbegan, seem to support that it may fall between levels 80 and 85.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-26 11:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Vanafest2010 said:
"[ Black Mage ]
The joy of black magic is that of blast, blast, blasting your enemies away-even if you don't always survive the battle-and we plan to further explore this path.
To that end, black mages can look forward to adding Meteor (strength and attributes yet to be determined) to their spellbooks in the none-too-distant future!"

Mana Wall accounts for the first part but Meteor has not been added yet. I believe this will be part of the next update for BLMs. The level of monsters who currently use Meteor, such as AV, KB and Yilbegan, seem to support that it may fall between levels 80 and 85.
What we want from meteor:
Instant JA ability like AV.
Does insane amount of damage.
Use about as much MP as AM2.

What we will most likely see from meteor:
AM1 cast times.
Uses ~500mp.
Easily resisted by Wild Rabbits.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-26 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Vanafest2010 said:
"[ Black Mage ] The joy of black magic is that of blast, blast, blasting your enemies away-even if you don't always survive the battle-and we plan to further explore this path. To that end, black mages can look forward to adding Meteor (strength and attributes yet to be determined) to their spellbooks in the none-too-distant future!"
What we want from meteor:
Instant JA ability like AV.
Does insane amount of damage.
Use about as much MP as AM2.

What we will most likely see from meteor:
AM1 cast times.
Uses ~500mp.
Easily resisted by Wild Rabbits.
I aggre that will most likly happen (other then the rabbit part >.>) when meteor comes out however I don't think we will be getting it yet. This wouldn't be the first time SE has denided the player base spells even tho other monsters the same level to cast them. Meteor will most likly be around 90+.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-08-26 12:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
It does, however, reduce the damage you take from your MP from 50% to around 10%, so you do end up getting an almost invincible effect. It's pretty sweet.

Where the hell did you pull this from your ***?

/RAWR much?:3
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-26 13:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Almost tempted to block you for your sheer stupidity on game mechanics in thread after thread. Is it really that hard to figure out you still lose mp with mana wall and mana font up, or you just assumed for some reason you wouldn't, either way geez the stupidity and misinformation you spread is very irritating.

(STFU)

Block the person and move on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-08-26 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Almost tempted to block you for your sheer stupidity on game mechanics in thread after thread. Is it really that hard to figure out you still lose mp with mana wall and mana font up, or you just assumed for some reason you wouldn't, either way geez the stupidity and misinformation you spread is very irritating.

(STFU)

I would rather not and complain about it so other people don't believe their bs tyvm.
 Odin.Italiano
Server: Odin
user: Italiano
By Odin.Italiano 2010-08-26 14:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope BLM gets Burn II,Drown II, Rasp II etc. I don't care what update I get it as long as i do :D
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 14:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

(STFU)

I would rather not and complain about it so other people don't believe their bs tyvm.

Those who DO belive it would figure out pretty fast that it's bullcrap:P
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-08-26 16:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
If you activate Mana Wall and then Manafont, you can not be interrupted by damage (can only be interrupted by moving yourself or knock-back effect or Silence)

Doesn't Manafont by itself do this anyway?

And remainder of your paragraph is wrong anyway, as others have stated.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
If you activate Mana Wall and then Manafont, you can not be interrupted by damage (can only be interrupted by moving yourself or knock-back effect or Silence)

Doesn't Manafont by itself do this anyway?

And remainder of your paragraph is wrong anyway, as others have stated.

It does.
I use it more for the 100% spell interrupt than unlimited MP D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-26 16:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet 80>85 blm will get aero 5, fire 5, then 85 > 90 will be bliz 5 thunder 5, 90 > 99 is comet and meteor.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-26 18:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I bet 80>85 blm will get aero 5, fire 5, then 85 > 90 will be bliz 5 thunder 5, 90 > 99 is comet and meteor.
agreed but only change I would make is putting Thunder V in the 90-99 area I don't think were gonna get it as fast as level 90.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-27 04:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ASPIR 2 ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget break :P

Edit: Stoneja & Waterja too.. Wth people complaining about? :O
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-08-27 05:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
It does, however, reduce the damage you take from your MP from 50% to around 10%, so you do end up getting an almost invincible effect. It's pretty sweet.
Ugh I don't know where you all keep getting this info from. I have personaly tryed it manafont does not reduce the damage you take while mana wall is up at all (my guess is that people keep thinking it does due to the fact that your mp isn't going down as fast thx to your mp cost = 0 for spells).

/sigh

Yes, it's not that you have infinite MP, it's your spells are reduced to 0 MP Cost.
If you look at your spells in your list while you have manafont on, it will say 0 MP to use.

Thus, if you have Mana Wall and Manafont up, Mana Wall will still take damage to your MP Pool, so if you have 0 MP and you're getting hit and you use Manafont->Mana Wall, you're still going to get hits to your HP.

Well, I have not personally tested it. My source is a couple of BLM friends who said that's how it works. I'm not going to argue since I don't have testing - if you have proven otherwise, then so be it. Sorry if I was wrong, I don't mean to be a spreader of mis-information.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-27 05:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Ugh I don't know where you all keep getting this info from. I have personaly tryed it manafont does not reduce the damage you take while mana wall is up at all (my guess is that people keep thinking it does due to the fact that your mp isn't going down as fast thx to your mp cost = 0 for spells).

/sigh

Yes, it's not that you have infinite MP, it's your spells are reduced to 0 MP Cost.
If you look at your spells in your list while you have manafont on, it will say 0 MP to use.

Thus, if you have Mana Wall and Manafont up, Mana Wall will still take damage to your MP Pool, so if you have 0 MP and you're getting hit and you use Manafont->Mana Wall, you're still going to get hits to your HP.

Well, I have not personally tested it. My source is a couple of BLM friends who said that's how it works. I'm not going to argue since I don't have testing - if you have proven otherwise, then so be it. Sorry if I was wrong, I don't mean to be a spreader of mis-information.

You can definately die with manawall/manafont. Tried and tested while havig my *** kicked by 3 mobs. Attempted to manawall/manafont/warp and.. Didn't go so well, lol.
By Randomguy 2010-08-27 07:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Aero V
Aspir II
Stoneja
Waterja
Break

And lets not forget the best part....

The ability to reclaim our throne as best nuker in the game.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-08-27 07:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't get is how Stoneja and Waterja will work, initially assumed they would be AoE but if so, why didn't you just get T4 ga spells like the ones already in the game?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-27 07:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
What I don't get is how Stoneja and Waterja will work, initially assumed they would be AoE but if so, why didn't you just get T4 ga spells like the ones already in the game?

Because.. um... they could do it.. I suppose.. xD
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-27 07:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:

Because they want an entirely new look for the last aga's.. rather, ajas. And the fact that ajas were used in previous FF's, and were stronger AoE magics then anything elese, so for the last bang... ther adding ajas.
By Randomguy 2010-08-27 07:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Because they want an entirely new look for the last aga's.. rather, ajas. And the fact that ajas were used in previous FF's, and were stronger AoE magics then anything elese, so for the last bang... ther adding ajas.
Plus, I think these will be a lot more powerful and probably have a higher radius than -gas
 Cerberus.Thejew
user: Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2010-08-27 08:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I missed the part where they would give Comet to BLM.
Someone inform me? :\
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-27 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Thejew said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I missed the part where they would give Comet to BLM.
Someone inform me? :\
Server: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-08-27 09:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

-ga's are a single spell that hits mulitable targets then splits dmg reduced based on how many,
if they keeping the ajas simuler to other FFs it gonna be like casting T4 on Mulitable targets
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-27 09:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Thejew said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I missed the part where they would give Comet to BLM. Someone inform me? :\
It hasn't been said officially. Were just assuming that since were getting meteor that we will also get a single target spell of the same element to go with it. If that is the case the spell would be comet and it would most likly be given to us right before meteor.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-27 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A second aspir on a new tier is a very welcomed addition to BLM. New -ja spells seem interesting. I wonder if they'll really just be -aga IVs though or something a little different.

I'm still boo-hoo'ing that WHM is getting Shield Def. Bonus while we get the shaft again! /s
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-27 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
A second aspir on a new tier is a very welcomed addition to BLM. New -ja spells seem interesting. I wonder if they'll really just be -aga IVs though or something a little different.

I'm still boo-hoo'ing that WHM is getting Shield Def. Bonus while we get the shaft again! /s

My guess is that they do somthing different. Monsters can cast IV ga spells already... if it was the same thing as that then SE would have just given it to us.

My hope is that whatever these new spells do thats differnt from normal -ga spells will make it so we will be able to use them more often becuase lets face it our aoe spells aren't used alot becuase of the hate issues it can bring (unless you have a whole group of black mages cast it at the same time)
 Leviathan.Helix
Server: Leviathan
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-08-27 10:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

(STFU)

What a F'ing great vid clip...i spewed coffee over my keyboard!
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-27 11:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Helix said:
What a F'ing great vid clip...i spewed coffee over my keyboard!

This video will always be number one to me.
 Valefor.Jamesaji
Server: Valefor
user: Ajito
By Valefor.Jamesaji 2010-08-27 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Woo, Hitman! I love that movie. ^^

Also, it's going to be an interesting time for BLMs, can't wait. :)