Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM version update boo-hoo'ing
BLM version update boo-hoo'ing
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-25 22:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorta tired of *every* version update announcement, we see, time and time again: "What? Nothing for BLM? BLM never gets anything!!!"

Absurd.

Why have more of us not figured out how wicked Mana Wall is?

If you activate Mana Wall and then Manafont, you can not be interrupted by damage (can only be interrupted by moving yourself or knock-back effect or Silence), and you can not lose HP or MP for 1 minute.

Considering that a BLM can cast 4 to 5 heavy nukes in 1 minute, a group of BLMs can now crank out a huge amount of magic damage in a compact length of time ... without any fear of taking any damage during that time.

There's also the Magic Burst Bonus trait now. Just because a lot of players are too lazy and/or uncoordinated to take advantage of Magic Bursts these days, doesn't mean it wasn't an awesome upgrade to the BLM job. It was, and is.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 22:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Updates shouldn't go to the jobs that haven't had them in the longest, they should go to the jobs than need them the most.

BLM doesn't need an update.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-25 22:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I'm sorta tired of *every* version update announcement, we see, time and time again: "What? Nothing for BLM? BLM never gets anything!!!"

Absurd.

Why have more of us not figured out how wicked Mana Wall is? If you activate Mana Wall and then Manafont, you can not be interrupted by damage (can only be interrupted by moving yourself or knock-back effect or Silence), and you can not lose HP or MP for 1 minute.

Considering that a BLM can cast 4 to 5 heavy nukes in 1 minute, a group of BLMs can now crank out a huge amount of magic damage in a compact length of time ... without any fear of taking any damage during that time.

There's also the Magic Burst Bonus trait now. Just because a lot of players are too lazy and/or uncoordinated to take advantage of Magic Bursts these days, doesn't mean it wasn't an awesome upgrade to the BLM job. It was, and is.

lol where are you finding people who are conplaning about it i haven't seen them.

also your wrong on one point of your post manafont + manawall does not = invincible (the only thing manafont does it make the cost of all spell = 0 it does not let you have unlimited mp).

Your point is still vaild tho.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-08-25 22:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, however, reduce the damage you take from your MP from 50% to around 10%, so you do end up getting an almost invincible effect. It's pretty sweet.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-25 22:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Next update we get meteor right?

@All the boo-hoo'ers:

By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-25 22:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
It does, however, reduce the damage you take from your MP from 50% to around 10%, so you do end up getting an almost invincible effect. It's pretty sweet.
Ugh I don't know where you all keep getting this info from. I have personaly tryed it manafont does not reduce the damage you take while mana wall is up at all (my guess is that people keep thinking it does due to the fact that your mp isn't going down as fast thx to your mp cost = 0 for spells).
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 22:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Ugh I don't know where you all keep getting this info from. I have personaly tryed it manafont does not reduce the damage you take while mana wall is up at all (my guess is that people keep thinking it does due to the fact that your mp isn't going down as fast thx to your mp cost = 0 for spells).
This. I still have gotten killed with manafont and manawall up with unexpected double attack 250+ dmg crits... and well there is no way you are going to convince me a normal VT mob melee crits for 2500 dmg...
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-25 22:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:

/sigh

Yes, it's not that you have infinite MP, it's your spells are reduced to 0 MP Cost.
If you look at your spells in your list while you have manafont on, it will say 0 MP to use.

Thus, if you have Mana Wall and Manafont up, Mana Wall will still take damage to your MP Pool, so if you have 0 MP and you're getting hit and you use Manafont->Mana Wall, you're still going to get hits to your HP.
By clyclie 2010-08-25 22:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

um....... whose complaining?
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-25 23:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Reduces damage taken by 50%. (100 Damage taken takes 50 mp away instead of 100 hp)
+ All forms of damage modifiers (PDT, Phalanx, Stoneskin, etc.) are taken into account before mana wall effect's takes away mp.

# Because no HP damage is taken, this ability effectively prevents spell interruption from damage. "

straight from wiki
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-25 23:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

clyclie said:

People in every version update thread. There's atleast 1 or 2 people who are all QQ over how their job didn't get new awesome abilities etc.

FOR THE BLM'S:

-You now can sub RDM for Refresh
-You now have a larger MP Pool
-Soon enough we'll get M.Atk Bonus V if it goes in the order it has been (Every 20 levels after lv10)
-Blizzard V and Thunder V are just around the corner
-Tier 4 -ga's are probably coming soon
-New "Merit Points" @lv99 are coming, which means probably more spells/JA's
-Meteor is around the corner as well.

Again,

[+]
By clyclie 2010-08-25 23:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well actually i would have taken refresh over mana wall. just my opinion.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-25 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
"Reduces damage taken by 50%. (100 Damage taken takes 50 mp away instead of 100 hp) + All forms of damage modifiers (PDT, Phalanx, Stoneskin, etc.) are taken into account before mana wall effect's takes away mp. # Because no HP damage is taken, this ability effectively prevents spell interruption from damage. " straight from wiki
lol I practically made that whole page my self :) (with testing from bg and my own)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 23:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't count how many times manawall has saved my ***
[+]
By clyclie 2010-08-25 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oh duh....i forgot were going to 99.....getting prepared for 14..tehehe
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-25 23:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-26 10:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
^
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-26 10:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Manafont doesnt make you take 0 damage using mana wall :/

I made that mistake, then Chukwa ate me D=
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 10:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:

Why does people think manafont makes Mana wall last forever?
Manafont makes your spells cost 0mp, not give you unlimited mp. :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-26 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Hades.Eliane said:

Why does people think manafont makes Mana wall last forever?
Manafont makes your spells cost 0mp, not give you unlimited mp. :P

Oh I know, people speculated Mana Wall was like invincible for BLM for the duration of Manafont, i went out to test and got eaten :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-26 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM is fine as is and always has been. Adding new tier5 spells will make blm even more powerful... no complaining allowed.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 11:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
BLM is fine as is and always has been. Adding new tier5 spells will make blm even more powerful... no complaining allowed.

More tier5 spells is enough for me<3 xD
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-26 11:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly stonega IV too!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-26 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 and Meteor Can I has? I do agree, BLM doesn't need anything at this point.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-26 11:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:

yar, kukulkan ate me ; ;

but im pretty sure it was only a sneak peak, was 2 tierV spells last 5 lvs, im pretty sure aeroV and possibly fireV is in the next batch

and hopefully stonegaIV

and maybe we will see some of those AMga's some mobs have XD

Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-08-26 11:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

Absurd.

Why have more of us not figured out how wicked Mana Wall is?

If you activate Mana Wall and then Manafont, you can not be interrupted by damage (can only be interrupted by moving yourself or knock-back effect or Silence), and you can not lose HP or MP for 1 minute.

Almost tempted to block you for your sheer stupidity on game mechanics in thread after thread. Is it really that hard to figure out you still lose mp with mana wall and mana font up, or you just assumed for some reason you wouldn't, either way geez the stupidity and misinformation you spread is very irritating.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-08-26 11:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:

Where the hell did you pull this from your ***?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-26 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
clyclie said:

People in every version update thread. There's atleast 1 or 2 people who are all QQ over how their job didn't get new awesome abilities etc.

FOR THE BLM'S:

-You now can sub RDM for Refresh
-You now have a larger MP Pool
-Soon enough we'll get M.Atk Bonus V if it goes in the order it has been (Every 20 levels after lv10)
-Blizzard V and Thunder V are just around the corner
-Tier 4 -ga's are probably coming soon
-New "Merit Points" @lv99 are coming, which means probably more spells/JA's
-Meteor is around the corner as well.

Again,

First Page 2