Forum » FFXIV » General » [XIV] Tanaka Debunks fatigue rumours
[XIV] Tanaka Debunks fatigue rumours
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 00:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, I'm sorry for spamming XIV threads, I just want to get this cleared up :/ I wish we had a general news topic.

Surplus points: a new feature in the Final Fantasy XIV beta was introduced recently and has testers and fans on the outside quite confused. Most people consider it akin to "fatigue," where a character is beset with limitations after a certain amount of play. With no official announcement or explanation on how these points work, fan sites and forums have been struggling to figure them out -- often leading to some harsh criticism of the game. Now, Producer Hiromichi Tanaka seems to have built up some "fatigue" of his own, and lashed out at foreign sites on Twitter today, calling them full of rumors and fabrications.
Hiromichi.Tanaka said:
"Foreign sites have lots of false rumors. They throw together words and fabricate remarks. Then Japanese sites take this and further [falsify it through] mistranslation. The fatigue point criticism has absolutely nothing to do with the actual [system] and is just full of wild ideas."
In other words, the "fatigue point" system as people discuss it in forums is supposedly nothing like the system as it is in the actual game. Furthermore, the last line states that he believes too many people are just coming up with what they think fatigue might be and making the discussion even worse.

Sure, wild speculation is not hard to find while wading through any popular forum, but the assertion that this is the fault of foreign sites is a little harsh. A quick glance at the a thread called 疲労度システム (fatigue point system) in the JP Beta forums reveals pages of baffled testers, trying to figure out what the system does exactly. Many early replies to Tanaka's post on Twitter also pointed out the lack of any explanation before putting the system into the game.

At least we know the producer of the game has been apprised of the issue. As mentioned many times, the entire testing process was based on building the game in accordance to player feedback. Will it be received and implemented into the design process, or continue to be dismissed as wild delusions? Hopefully, we will see a more measured response in the coming days.

[Source: http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23080]

Apparently no-one knows what surplus EXP or what the fatigue system is yet. All the interviews have been misconstrued, and the famous "You can only play for 1 hour" rumour was simply falsified information from 2chan trying to stir ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-25 00:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for finding this O.o these rumors have been annoying the ***outta me :/ i hate when people make up so much crap from a couple lines of info they read for the sake of bashing on something
By Eous 2010-08-25 00:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately this doesn't stop all the armor in this game from being hideous!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 00:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
thank you for finding this O.o these rumors have been annoying the ***outta me :/ i hate when people make up so much crap from a couple lines of info they read for the sake of bashing on something

Np, it was annoying me too. This article only just popped up. People are changing their tune very fast about this system now. Apparently the current theory is that fatigue is something to do with fighting multiple mobs at a time. No further news on that though, it's simply a rumour.

So now that that's out of way, what will XIV get bashed on next? Not being able to jump?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 00:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eous said:
Unfortunately this doesn't stop all the armor in this game from being hideous!

Some nice looking armour turned up in the dats lol.
By Eous 2010-08-25 00:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So they move from one crackpot theory to another that fast? Oh, people...
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-25 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:

Np, it was annoying me too. This article only just popped up. People are changing their tune very fast about this system now. Apparently the current theory is that fatigue is something to do with fighting multiple mobs at a time. No further news on that though, it's simply a rumour.

So now that that's out of way, what will XIV get bashed on next? Not being able to jump?

omg you have no idea how many threads have been made in beta bitching about no jump x.x on the bright side, that phase has been passed XD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 00:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Eous said:

Pretty much. I'd say a good 85% of people bash FFXIV with baseless accusations, simply because of Bias from playing another MMO or Bias toward SE in general.

There are some genuine complaints about the game, but most of them are just lol-worthy.

And most of the known complaints have already been confirmed for a fix in phase 3.
[+]
By Eous 2010-08-25 00:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StgsPpELjc

I dunno, I saw very few pieces of armor that would excite me enough to level in this game to wear in this video. I don't mind how it looks, I suppose as much as I don't want to have to wear it for armor! Casual Friday clothes, maybe...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-25 01:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Love how they try to shift the blame for the whole thing away from themselves not explaining the system to begin with and onto "foreign sites".
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 01:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Eous said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StgsPpELjc

I dunno, I saw very few pieces of armor that would excite me enough to level in this game to wear in this video. I don't mind how it looks, I suppose as much as I don't want to have to wear it for armor! Casual Friday clothes, maybe...

Hm, I actually thought the same thing if I be honest. I'm hoping that some of the later equipment will look nicer. The plate mail looked pretty cool though.

I think they'll go the same was as XI did tbh. Not overly flashy, but stylish. unlike WoW which makes people look like they ran through a glitter factory with armour made of glue >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 01:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Love how they try to shift the blame for the whole thing away from themselves not explaining the system to begin with and onto "foreign sites".

Yeah, that made me laugh too. Good old JP

[+]
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-25 01:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate jump and I am glad that 14 wont have it. Anyone know what the level cap will be when the game comes out and what they want to increase it to later down the line?
 Carbuncle.Heithem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-08-25 01:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The armor get's more stylish as the game goes on. the
problem with the last phase of testing is that the removed alot of quest armor and all npc armor to promote crafting.
nobody was really crafting in phase 1 and phase 2 so they
kinda had to force us into it.

the carfting system as a whole looks much better then XI but they just need to polish it a bit more. lot of menu's with alot of menu lag. if they move the menu's to the client it should get much better on the lag.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 01:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

darkmaffxi said:
I hate jump and I am glad that 14 wont have it. Anyone know what the level cap will be when the game comes out and what they want to increase it to later down the line?

30 in beta phase, no idea on release, but it's been announced that it will have cap increases when the game 'matures'.
 Carbuncle.Heithem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-08-25 01:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

darkmaffxi said:

they had it in the game manual in alpha and removed it when they rewrote it for beta. But it said 50. but that was back in march/april. But i still think it's gonna be 50.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-25 02:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Great to know that the 1hr a day stuff is false
Shiva.Flionheart said:

haha win
[+]
By Wackatramp 2010-08-25 02:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thanks Flion. Your shiz on XIV rocks. Keep it up
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 02:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wackatramp said:
Yeah, thanks Flion. Your shiz on XIV rocks. Keep it up

I try to keep up with the newest ***XD
[+]
By Fouludragon 2010-08-25 04:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Firstly, I'm sorry for spamming XIV threads, I just want to get this cleared up :/ I wish we had a general news topic.

Surplus points: a new feature in the Final Fantasy XIV beta was introduced recently and has testers and fans on the outside quite confused. Most people consider it akin to "fatigue," where a character is beset with limitations after a certain amount of play. With no official announcement or explanation on how these points work, fan sites and forums have been struggling to figure them out -- often leading to some harsh criticism of the game. Now, Producer Hiromichi Tanaka seems to have built up some "fatigue" of his own, and lashed out at foreign sites on Twitter today, calling them full of rumors and fabrications.
Hiromichi.Tanaka said:
"Foreign sites have lots of false rumors. They throw together words and fabricate remarks. Then Japanese sites take this and further [falsify it through] mistranslation. The fatigue point criticism has absolutely nothing to do with the actual [system] and is just full of wild ideas."
In other words, the "fatigue point" system as people discuss it in forums is supposedly nothing like the system as it is in the actual game. Furthermore, the last line states that he believes too many people are just coming up with what they think fatigue might be and making the discussion even worse.

Sure, wild speculation is not hard to find while wading through any popular forum, but the assertion that this is the fault of foreign sites is a little harsh. A quick glance at the a thread called 疲労度システム (fatigue point system) in the JP Beta forums reveals pages of baffled testers, trying to figure out what the system does exactly. Many early replies to Tanaka's post on Twitter also pointed out the lack of any explanation before putting the system into the game.

At least we know the producer of the game has been apprised of the issue. As mentioned many times, the entire testing process was based on building the game in accordance to player feedback. Will it be received and implemented into the design process, or continue to be dismissed as wild delusions? Hopefully, we will see a more measured response in the coming days.

[Source: http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23080]

Apparently no-one knows what surplus EXP or what the fatigue system is yet. All the interviews have been misconstrued, and the famous "You can only play for 1 hour" rumour was simply falsified information from 2chan trying to stir ***.

Nice find indeed hands down to you.

What about the penalization from playing a job too long or playing multi jobs too long? Any confirmation on this? I plan to play multiple jobs for all purposes used in the game but would hate to stay one job for doing one thing for other people's needs.
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-25 05:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eous said:

I don't think you understand that the whole point is a theory shouldn't exist, based on one fact ("fatigue" actually not even a fact, at this point, just a word) you have no idea about. Silly goose.
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-25 05:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Rumors are stupid people's faults, not those who don't explain a facet of a matter. Your names fLIONheart, since I dunno why you choose "lion" in your name i'm gonna assume its because you enjoy bestiality, Now whos fault is it everyone now believes you love bestiality? Yours right? Lol.

Are they really shifting the blame or did these rumors also exist on jp sites?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-25 06:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, i used this quote of yours on the sega forums. (your OP)

/sigh

it's spreading faster than a hooker with aids.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-25 07:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Foreigners are the root of all evils
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-25 07:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Foreigners are the root of all evils
So true
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-25 07:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiromichi.Tanaka said:

So what is the actual system they don't want to elaborate on here? You need to buy a premium account subscription instead? *starts up on new rumours immediately* :p
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-25 07:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Hiromichi.Tanaka said:

So what is the actual system they don't want to elaborate on here? You need to buy a premium account subscription instead? *starts up on new rumours immediately* :p
the actual system is Beta only, to get people to stop *** around and start actually finding bugs or try to find bugs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zekko 2010-08-25 10:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The 1 hour system is a lie, but actually the current system is 8 hours a week/day(no one knows yet whether its per day/week..)

I hope they don't keep that because it's the worst thing i've ever seen implemented on an MMO

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7