Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » spellcast help with aftercast gear change
spellcast help with aftercast gear change
By kria 2010-08-23 15:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay what Im trying to do is have fastcast gear in for precast then midcast have convert hp gear and aftercast switch to my nuking gear. Can anyone help me with this?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-23 15:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need your nuking gear to go on Midcast, otherwise it'll only swap after you nuke.

<equip when="Precast" set="FastCast" />
<equip set="MinusHP" when="midcast" />
<command when="midcast">wait 2; exec blm/nuke.txt</command>
<midcastdelay delay="3.0" />

This will do what you're wanting though, if you have a folder/file in your /scripts/ folder called blm/nuke.txt then it'll swap out all the gear perfectly for a T4/AM2. It works with T3's aswell, but it's slightly iffy sometimes and doesn't swap everything properly.

EDIT:
<equip when="aftercast" set="Standard" /> will swap to whatever set you tell it to after you cast anything.
By kria 2010-08-23 15:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I dont have to put "wait 2" can it be like "wait 0.1" or 0.4 or something?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-23 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That wouldn't give enough time to swap in all the MinusHP gear, I'd say "wait 1" would be the minimum you could safely get away with.

Personally though, I only cast T3 when I've run out of T4, so typically my HP is already in Sorc Ring latent area~

Alternatively, you could change the midcast delay from 3.0 to 1.5~2.0 and it should still work fine.
By kria 2010-08-23 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm I just did it with precast/midcast thanks for your help ^.^