Pre-order Rewards XIV
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 05:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's hard to say what will be better in the final version and/or further in the game.

If speed of skill is the your job skill yeah that should be awesome. And recovery after death isn't that long to begin with.

But who knows maybe they plan on changing it
By Mercury 2010-08-20 05:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an interview that the Standard bonus item will only help the new players to catch on with the players who started 8 days before them , maybe that item won't work after lvl 10 or something.
[+]
 Asura.Cohan
Server: Asura
user: tyson8t7
By Asura.Cohan 2010-08-20 05:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the only choice is collectors if you are ever gonna get a security token as it comes with a free one and the price difference between collectors and normal is less than the cost of a token (if you live in the uk, not sure bout other prices).
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercury said:
I read an interview that the Standard bonus item will only help the new players to catch on with the players who started 8 days before them , maybe that item won't work after lvl 10 or something.

I'm going to have to agree with Mercury here. I dought they'd give people who pay less a better item that works forever. It might help them catch up to the people with collectors considering they have a full week time(and change) on them.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 06:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly don't see what the hype about FFXIV is. Only thing I noticed about it is its pretty. The game hasn't announced anything to make it stand out from other MMOs. There is like NO info outside starting areas. So we are like hyping over nothing.

Maybeh after lvl 30 It gets super dumb/awesome we have like no idea and the damn game comes out next month. Honestly sometime SE marketing is just terrible
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn canadians!!!
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 06:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it's hard to say what will be better in the final version and/or further in the game.

If speed of skill is the your job skill yeah that should be awesome. And recovery after death isn't that long to begin with.

Honestly this dude kinda answered your Question

1 is for SKill ups and other is for reduce weakness

so there ya go

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 06:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Honestly this dude kinda answered your Question

1 is for SKill ups and other is for reduce weakness

so there ya go

Did you even read the like 3 line original post? Or are you just a dumb Canadian?

srs bizz bro

honestly you got your decent reply's and I tossed a 1 off-topic one will you die because of it noway so keep moving.

The Topic was "What do you think" With the info we have now...We can't tell you since ***might change along the course of the game being released but they are still ok. What else is there to talk about now?? nothing. jeez dude
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why we can't have nice things.

I do find it funny for the people that refused to get the security token pretty much having to get the collectors edition now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-20 06:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hat for sure... There is going to be a point where you will be capped all skills and the other item will be useless. The helm will always work.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Hat for sure... There is going to be a point where you will be capped all skills and the other item will be useless. The helm will always work.
Well skill isn't the same thing as it is in 11. It is basically your job lvl.

And really weakness last maybe 1 min. At least after homepoint I don't know if there is a raise yet
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 07:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

s
Sylph.Anjali said:
Kind of in the graveyard hours right now... Most topics on this forum are quiet & slow around this time.

And in other words you can reply to the actual topic, you just didn't want to until I called you a dumb Canadian. Ok ok /nod

Didn't want anyone to "tell" me anything. I wanted to talk about which item SEEMED better lol. Since when did this place become a classroom? It's a *** discussion.

GG

everything goes off-topic after sometime. Talking about what "SEEMs" better in FFXIV is super hard. The entire gameplay was revamped from alpha to Beta so maybe some big stuff will alter the game from Beta to release. Im in the alpha, beta.

You could have tossed a few more Questions would make the thread longer with what you have is why I decided to go off topic since we cant really debate on something we "dont know"
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 07:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Speculating on what might come sure. features, gameplay element they could add

but comparing 2 items and asking which is better when we don't know how it will really effect the game is pretty hard, all im saying.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 07:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what the "weakened" timer is yet? the thing that lowers it could be awesome.

I've already heard skilling up in XIV is easy as piss, so the item that makes it faster might just be for you to catch up to the players that had early access.

All speculation of course, but to be honest, having less of a weakness timer would be better to me, since you won't have as much downtime.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 07:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Do we know what the "weakened" timer is yet? the thing that lowers it could be awesome.

I've already heard skilling up in XIV is easy as piss, so the item that makes it faster might just be for you to catch up to the players that had early access.

All speculation of course, but to be honest, having less of a weakness timer would be better to me, since you won't have as much downtime.
I haven't seen a raise but it's about a min maybe less when you hp... so lowering it is kinda meh. Plus your weakened stats aren't nearly as bad as in 11.

Skilling up is sorta easy. Like yeah you get points everytime you do something. But your job lvl lags way behind your character lvl. Like I think I'm lvl 11 character and lvl 6 or 7 mage.

Plus as a mage I already have so much downtime running back and forth from the crystals... dieing and getting weakened sometimes actually speeds things up for me sadly
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 07:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
You read the descriptions of the items. They are pretty simple. It isn't hard to understand.

BTW, the topic had only been created like 5 minutes before(that's sarcasm) and was still on the front page when you decided it needed to go off-topic to "make it longer". Can you explain your logic to me?

I already did.

bleh boring talking to a wall
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 07:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Dasva said the weakened timer is around 1 minute in the beta. I know this topic is speculation, I just wanted to see what other people were thinking of buying since none of us will know until the game has begun. You need to pick the item before then, you only get them for pre-ordering. It's pretty simple that people all have their own ways of deciding which is better without knowing facts lol I just wanted to bounce IDEAS around!

I just hope I get my money so I can pre order it before it opens (I'm still not holding my breath on their "release date" ***still needs LOTS of work)

But yeah, i'm assuming since it's a beta they may have cut down on non essential things like weak timer just so people won't have as much downtime and to actually "Test", but again, this is all speculation, it could stay at a timer (would be nice I guess) in which that means that this item could either just eliminate a weakened timer (how awesome would that be?) or maybe cut it down to half (30 second weakness ftw?) won't really know until they set stuff like that in stone and finally release everything.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 07:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Preorder both!
 Leviathan.Catnipthief