Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-20 03:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Marvelous Magian Spectacles

Is there anything these stylish and practical specs can't do? With the next version update, the tome summoned forth by this item will provide you with a two-day weather forecast for your current area.

Yay!
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-08-20 03:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh God, thank you. As long as there isn't any kicker to this, I'm very content.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-20 03:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Oh God, thank you. As long as there isn't any kicker to this, I'm very content.

It only predicts weather that comes with Additional Effect: Connection Lost
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-08-20 03:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

great fed up of waiting hours pafk waiting for weather or asking ls peeps to check on weather. also loving new trials & hope these new ws are good & finally magian armor trials shame wasn't done on armor we already had like byakko haidate yyr etc but all win so far for me
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 03:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that means I can use the few zones without weather checkers more. Which is mostly just past ones
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 03:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis +1! Thats my first thought, then the relic horn comes to mind next.

The new weapon in the one pic does look nice though, can't tell if its a GK or GS though, Neither really affect me though XD

Another thing that sparks my intrest is what will the new WS's be? And will those weapons be like relic/mystic weapons?

Last thought isn't related to the announced data, But rather to how will they raise the cap? 80-85 or 80-90(or 89, whatever)?
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-08-20 04:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely relieved they aren't adding more trials to weapons at the moment, well most of them. I have 4 Magian staves to still work on, so I'm happy to know I won't have to do 4 MORE trials to my already completed Surya's and Yama's.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-20 04:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I'm definitely relieved they aren't adding more trials to weapons at the moment, well most of them. I have 4 Magian staves to still work on, so I'm happy to know I won't have to do 4 MORE trials to my already completed Surya's and Yama's.
Quote:
Additional Weapon Trials

Along with the all-new armor trials, additional weapon trials will also see their debut. Through these, weapons obtained via past trials, including Empyrean weapons, may be augmented to heretofore-uncharted levels of power. These weapons will not only boast improved attributes, but also allow their wielders to unleash new weapon skills.
:s

Just when I start wrapping up the basics... they give us more trials. Yay!
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-20 04:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds fun, looking forward to this. guess i'll have to crack down and get the rest of my trial weapons caught up.

also sword in picture is the GK Masamune.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-08-20 04:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Quote:
Additional Weapon Trials

Along with the all-new armor trials, additional weapon trials will also see their debut. Through these, weapons obtained via past trials, including Empyrean weapons, may be augmented to heretofore-uncharted levels of power. These weapons will not only boast improved attributes, but also allow their wielders to unleash new weapon skills.
:s

Just when I start wrapping up the basics... they give us more trials. Yay!

Thanks for catching that, remind me not to post at 4 AM. In my defense, it does say 'May be augmented', so I MIGHT still be lucky (with Magian staves anyways).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 04:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Quote:
Additional Weapon Trials Along with the all-new armor trials, additional weapon trials will also see their debut. Through these, weapons obtained via past trials, including Empyrean weapons, may be augmented to heretofore-uncharted levels of power. These weapons will not only boast improved attributes, but also allow their wielders to unleash new weapon skills.
:s Just when I start wrapping up the basics... they give us more trials. Yay!
Thanks for catching that, remind me not to post at 4 AM. In my defense, it does say 'May be augmented', so I MIGHT still be lucky (with Magian staves anyways).
Hey you don't have to do it... you will just be missing out on 4% more dmg probably
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-08-20 04:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Aegis +1! Thats my first thought, then the relic horn comes to mind next.

The new weapon in the one pic does look nice though, can't tell if its a GK or GS though, Neither really affect me though XD

Another thing that sparks my intrest is what will the new WS's be? And will those weapons be like relic/mystic weapons?

Last thought isn't related to the announced data, But rather to how will they raise the cap? 80-85 or 80-90(or 89, whatever)?

The weapon in the pic is masemune or whatever empyrean GK

My question would be, did they not say you will be able to magian existing armor in an interview a while back that was posted on wiki?
Also, i bet the "new ws" are empyrean only!

Really hope they reduce some of these trials, the last line is only thing i am hoping for. Would love if they turn all the weather specific trials to day or weather...as well as they should just keep this stuff to mob type only and not specify mob...but that wont happen...i hate magian trials *grumbles*
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 04:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis +1!

God I hope so, unless it's 500 Bash kills on Flayers on xx day -_-
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2010-08-20 04:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
My question would be, did they not say you will be able to magian existing armor in an interview a while back that was posted on wiki?

Hi2u Salvage Armor... please?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-08-20 05:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Aegis +1!

God I hope so, unless it's 1500 Bash kills on Dvergrs on xx day -_-

ftfy
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-20 05:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I will lulz heartily if we EXP on Dvergr 80-90.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:

The weapon in the pic is masemune or whatever empyrean GK

Also, i bet the "new ws" are empyrean only!

Really hope they reduce some of these trials, the last line is only thing i am hoping for. Would love if they turn all the weather specific trials to day or weather...as well as they should just keep this stuff to mob type only and not specify mob...but that wont happen...i hate magian trials *grumbles*

I figured out what the weapon was after looking around on wiki alittle, felt somewhat stupid for the comment, But hey, I don't know jack-squat about the trials for the most part. Havn't toyed with them since I'm not even 75 yet since coming back ~.~;;;

Ahem, anyway. I hope they do upgrade ~some~ armor things, aegis mainly. I could really care less about other things since.. well aegis takes alot of time for people to get, And they've upgrdaed every relic/mystic weapon, Why not the best shield/horn(keep forgetting to mention that..) too?

I pray the new WS's won't be abysea only with extremely hard to get... well I wouldn't care if its hard to get weapons, it basicly reminds me of relic-like weaponry, but my point I'm aiming for is I hope, if anything, they make it like mystic WS's. Can learn the WS with a certain weapon, then unlock it for everywhere use. Eventually get a weapon that boosts your stats/some proc when you use the WS's like using atonment with burtang.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Aegis +1!

God I hope so, unless it's 1500 Bash kills on Dvergrs on xx day -_-

ftfy

If they do upgrade aegis or the horn, I think it'll be some REALLY high number of something that the things do. Ex, Shield bash with aegis, or shield blocks with aegis, and song sung with the horn.

Small edit: I forgot to say what they maybe.

My guess would be something like this:

Aegis upgrade: Block 5000 hits
Horn upgrade: Sing 10000 songs
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-08-20 06:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Land elegy 15000 times on fafnirbirdz for the first trial. Rest is killshot with requiem...probably on a requiem immune mob.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Land elegy 15000 times on fafnirbirdz for the first trial. Rest is killshot with requiem...probably on a requiem immune mob.

SE maybe evil, but I don't think they're THAT evil o.o;;;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they would only do it on extremely resistant mobs.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 06:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh blocking wouldn't be hard. Hello mandies. Of course they'll probably make it require blocks from some stupid mob that hits really hard and really slow.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Eh blocking wouldn't be hard. Hello mandies. Of course they'll probably make it require blocks from some stupid mob that hits really hard and really slow.
Shield blocks procs that still deal at least 50 dmg ;)
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Always a possibility! It'd likely either be a slow monster, one without double attack, and has a hard spawn chance.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah they would only do it on extremely resistant mobs.

Ugh, your making it worse! I don't think SE hates brd much... They hate nin and rdm onry!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 06:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They hate nin and rdm onry!
God do they ever. I can just see them making ones that enhance debuff potency but having rediculous requirements
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-08-20 06:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
God do they ever. I can just see them making ones that enhance debuff potency but having rediculous requirements

Land paralyze 15000 times on fafnirbirdz
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 06:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Land paralyze 15000 times on fafnirbirdz

Ok, Now I'm intreged, What the hell ae fafnirbirdz?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 07:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrms
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-20 07:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks to me the upcoming armor trials are the new AF3:

To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!

EDIT: Nothing about Aegis or other armor, just new pieces for each job.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-20 07:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Looks to me the upcoming armor trials are the new AF3:

To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!

EDIT: Nothing about Aegis or other armor, just new pieces for each job.

Along with the all-new armor trials, additional weapon trials will also see their debut.
First Page 2