What Did You Score On Your Bench Mark?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What did you score on your bench mark?
What did you score on your bench mark?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 03:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that boss man J recently spend some of his new found fortune on a IRAPEEVERYTHING PC to run XIV. Apparently he scored on the max tier of the benchmark, so we'll have to ask him once he's around to testify to this. But then again, I don't think he got into the beta, and the benchmark is a silly form of testimony to any information relating to the game.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-20 13:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I can't even get 30 fps on beta right now.. lol haha

Well getting to 30 FPS is one thing by needing decent hardware to comfortable run the damn thing, but if they 'lock' it at that frame rate I will rage. That's just a slap in the face to any HD quality game.

Ok because I'm lame I can't even test it but.. I heard someone say they undid the fps limiter..

Any fact to this? I'd like more info than lolomfghearsay..

they did uncap it, but i heard that they put a new temporary cap in an update cause the uncapped fps caused more people not to be able to play.

anyways, i scored a 0 =D, cause when i make the selections in the first screen and try to run it. i get the error pop up box.

i dont even have the screen size on the low setting ; ;
By Zekko 2010-08-20 13:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Scored 4256 on high. Havent tried lower version.

AMD 1055t OC @ 3.4
Radeon 5870
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-20 13:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
I know that boss man J recently spend some of his new found fortune on a IRAPEEVERYTHING PC to run XIV. Apparently he scored on the max tier of the benchmark, so we'll have to ask him once he's around to testify to this. But then again, I don't think he got into the beta, and the benchmark is a silly form of testimony to any information relating to the game.

Wasn't just to run XIV. It seems they're not letting anyone into the beta that works for the gaming industry, so that's out.

I got a buncha money when we sold our company (twice) and my home machine was crap, so I decided to splurge a bit. After all, SC2/Civ5/DiabloIII/Fallout 3:NV are all coming too!

The box is an Alienware Area-51 ALX.

6-core i7 980 Extreme 3.33ghz (overclocked to 4ghz)
12GB DDR3 RAM
Dual ATI 2GB 5970's in Crossfire (4 GPU's w/ 4GB)
4x 256MB Solid State Drives
Liquid Cooled

Scored a 6057 on the high resolution settings, but I'm not really sure how useful or accurate that number is, as the framerate never dropped from max on their little graph thing. And I know a lot of people who scored poorly on the benchmark doing just fine in the actual beta.

If they repeat their shockingly bad engineering decision to cap the game to 30FPS, I'll be pretty outraged. That was an enormous mistake in FF11, done as part of the sloppy PS2 port, and their decision to later tie the 30FPS to basic client-side timers severely handicapped later development and improvement.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I hate you right now, lol.

If I had 11,000 dollars, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. How much did yours cost you?
By Zekko 2010-08-20 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Wasn't just to run XIV. It seems they're not letting anyone into the beta that works for the gaming industry, so that's out.

I got a buncha money when we sold our company (twice) and my home machine was crap, so I decided to splurge a bit. After all, SC2/Civ5/DiabloIII/Fallout 3:NV are all coming too!

6-core i7 980 Extreme 3.33ghz (overclocked to 4ghz)
12GB DDR3 RAM
Dual ATI 2GB 5970's in Crossfire (4 GPU's w/ 4GB)
4x 256MB Solid State Drives
Liquid Cooled

Scored a 6057 on the high resolution settings, but I'm not really sure how useful or accurate that number is, as the framerate never dropped from max on their little graph thing. And I know a lot of people who scored poorly on the benchmark doing just fine in the actual beta.

If they repeat their shockingly bad engineering decision to cap the game to 30FPS, I'll be pretty outraged. That was an enormous mistake in FF11, done as part of the sloppy PS2 port, and their decision to later tie the 30FPS to basic client-side timers severely handicapped later development and improvement.

Monster Rig o.o
 Asura.Leyla
Server: Asura
user: leylaz
By Asura.Leyla 2010-08-20 13:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

scored below 300, cant afford new comp so yay for staying with 11!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-20 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
If I had 11,000 dollars, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. How much did yours cost you?
I got it refurbished on a return, and then upgraded through a Dell connection, so only about $6200. (I say "only" purely in comparison to $11,000.)

Yeah, it's kind of overkill. But hey, it's less of a compensation cliche than going out and buying a Ferrari after the company buyout. (And cheaper!)
 Leviathan.Snomm
Server: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-08-20 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

High Resolution : 4,306

Low Resolution : 5,591

AMD Phenom II 1090T 3.2GHz OC'ed to 4.2 GHz
ATI Radeon HD5970 OC'ed to 850MHz GPU clock / 1200MHz memory clock
8 GB DDR3 Ram

Only listing the stuff that matters the most in terms of benchmark scoring.

I built my entire rig for just over $2,000
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I got it refurbished on a return, and then upgraded through a Dell connection, so only about $6200. (I say "only" purely in comparison to $11,000.)

Yeah, it's kind of overkill. But hey, it's less of a compensation cliche than going out and buying a Ferrari after the company buyout. (And cheaper!)
But you're STILL not going to get very high performance on FFXIV, lol.

The stuff I listed up there, besides an upgrade to Nvidia, is the absolute best possible specs in every situation. I doubt that would even score at the highest tier.
By Fouludragon 2010-08-21 01:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does seem odd I scored higher on higher resolution.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-08-21 02:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I ran my bench mark when it first came out, I just barely got accepted numbers, however; after Beta, I run XIV with little to no lag. Typical frame rate lag in cities where a lot of people are, etc, but that's to be expected.

XIV's FPS was upgraded to 60, too~
 Leviathan.Bilonn
Server: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2010-08-21 02:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself, I'm not overly concerned with the high res, 1080 version info. I'll be fine running in the 720p mode.

That said, the low res version test gave me a 4076. (High res scored around 2400.)

AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Unlocked (x4 B50)
A-Data Gaming-Clocked DDR3 PC10666, 2x2GB (4GB)
XFX Radeon HD 5770 XXX Overclocked Edition
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI Edition

Recycled my old SATA hard drives, my old sound card (above), and my 550watt power supply when I built this new PC recently. So I spent $650 on a PC that gives me those scores.

So.... $$$ vs Benchmark, I think I'm in good shape.