What Did You Score On Your Bench Mark?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What did you score on your bench mark?
What did you score on your bench mark?
First Page 2
By Fouludragon 2010-08-19 23:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey fellas,

I performed the FFXIV bench mark and it was breath taking. Though, I was expecting to get a higher score than number but something bothers me. Based on the prerequists I followed under Square Enix's standards I scored at a solid 2405 close to 2500 default score.

Now, Square Enix mentioned the requirements of the following to play this game or at least the minimum:

System Requirements

And here's the pc I have did a google or ebay search to show you the exact specs I have on it:

My PC specs

And here are the grades in case people want to look over it as well:

[8000 and over] Extremely High Performance
Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

[5500–7999] Very High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

[4500-5499] High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

[3000-4499] Fairly High Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.

[2500-2999] Standard Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings.

[2000-2499] Slightly Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but may experience some slowdown. Adjust settings to improve performance.

[1500-1999] Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance.

[Under 1500] Insufficient Performance
Does not meet specifications for running the game.

So what went wrong here? How come I didn't score high enough? Everything was play smoothly both at high and low resolution. There were no stutters, lag, & crystal clear cinema play.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 23:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Intel core 2 duo

Laptop

Also the 9800 isn't helping.
By Fouludragon 2010-08-19 23:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How come? Worked perfectly on dragon age and starcraft. This is my friend's computer, so I had him test this out so that maybe I would buy this lap top.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-19 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

same cpu and gpu, running perfectly fine on mine.

as I tell everyone else, learn how to optimize your OS and hardware settings. Mentioned this in almost every thread about this so far, no one seems to listen.
By Fouludragon 2010-08-19 23:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
same cpu and gpu, running perfectly fine on mine.

as I tell everyone else, learn how to optimize your OS and hardware settings. Mentioned this in almost every thread about this so far, no one seems to listen.

Not everyone are tech monkeys ^^. What is "OS"?

Previous post I listed mentioned about looking for a reasonable laptop for this game with a limit budget. Some people don't feel like building a PC just so they can play one game. Plus it's standards are higher than what Square Enix listed on their prerequisites.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 23:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

operating system <.<

your problem is this NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT graphics card on your laptop
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-19 23:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a big thread on this a while back, when the benchmark first came out...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/10983/new-final-fantasy-xiv-benchmark-software/

...if you want to compare what others got on their systems. Most provided screenshots which showed the NVIDIA-benchmark-reported machine specs, while others listed it out.
By Fouludragon 2010-08-20 00:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
There was a big thread on this a while back, when the benchmark first came out...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/10983/new-final-fantasy-xiv-benchmark-software/

...if you want to compare what others got on their systems. Most provided screenshots which showed the NVIDIA-benchmark-reported machine specs, while others listed it out.

We tested it with and without applications on. That includes youtube, downloading random files, opening more than one game application (i.e. running FFXIV & dragon age at the same time or without) and still landed in the 2k score.

Everything ran clear as water. I'm not swayed by this benchmark because the games played on it were astonishing.

Personally, I'm going to buy it because I'm not going to fork more than $800, and by the time it's released people with high valued PCs are going to experience lag in the game online.

Desktop is something I will never buy. I prefer laptop based on lifestyle comfort.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 00:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People still believe what the benchmark says?

More specifically, the ratings of what's "High performance" and stuff.

It's pretty damn obvious just watching the screen while the benchmark runs, whether or not you'll be able to play it. The rankings themselves assume you're going to play in windowed mode with every program on your computer running at high priority. My laptop was running at about 45 FPS for most of it, if memory serves me correctly, and got a 2500. Obviously, I'm not going to play it in windowed mode, nor do I expect a solid 60 FPS at all times.

Besides, anything above 500 is capable of playing the Beta without much problems, aside from computers with compatibility issues.
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 00:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything I read suggests that the benchmark is inaccurate. People with benchmark scores as low as 700 report that they are able to run beta just fine as long as they use minimum settings. IMHO, save your RL gil and see how well it runs on your current computer (although a new GPU probably wouldn't hurt...).
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-08-20 00:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just built a computer for FFXIV and UPS broke it. Im hoping they just give me the money I insured it for..... I want a different build now lols.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 02:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
operating system <.<

your problem is this NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT graphics card on your laptop

the 9800M runs it perfectly fine actually. Like I said, thats what I run in mine and its flawless thus far.
Fouludragon said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:

We tested it with and without applications on. That includes youtube, downloading random files, opening more than one game application (i.e. running FFXIV & dragon age at the same time or without) and still landed in the 2k score.

Everything ran clear as water. I'm not swayed by this benchmark because the games played on it were astonishing.

Personally, I'm going to buy it because I'm not going to fork more than $800, and by the time it's released people with high valued PCs are going to experience lag in the game online.

Desktop is something I will never buy. I prefer laptop based on lifestyle comfort.

even with nothing else "running", different factors can cause slowdowns. One major one being disk read time if you don't defragment often or if you have a lot of the drive used. Fragmentation can cause a huge slowdown because games do use a lot of Direct X and D3D libraries, and with those scattered to hell and back, it takes longer to read what is needed.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 02:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently have:

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core CPU
4 GB of PC2 6400 (DDR2 800) speed RAM
and a Nvidia GTS 250 512 MB DDR3 video card (midline roughly)

Got about a 1900 score on high res and slightly higher in low res. Sounds like I need a quad core and a better GPU.
Some more ram and win7 wouldn't hurt either.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 02:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Currently have:

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core CPU
4 GB of PC2 6400 (DDR2 800) speed RAM
and a Nvidia GTS 250 512 MB DDR3 video card (midline roughly)

Got about a 1900 score on high res and slightly higher in low res. Sounds like I need a quad core and a better GPU.
Some more ram and win7 wouldn't hurt either.

More RAM maybe not, but a DDR3 upgrade would be better if the motherboard can support it. Windows 7 is always a plus, beats out XP, and of course beats out Vista. Other than that...shouldn't have a problem at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 02:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I knew the benchmark was a little funky since my friend who has an almost identical build got a significantly higher score than I did, and when in low res it skyrocketed.

I think if anything win7 and a better GPU will vastly improve my results. Or maybe with winter around the corner I can keep my window open and OC the vid card and see how high I can get it at stable levels.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 02:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I just have a cracked out computer, I don't know, but I have no issues whatsoever with hardware that is sub par to the average here.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 02:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
2.6 ghz quadcore, 7 gigs of ram, and windows 7 with a 1 gb video got me 940 at best on benchmark.

lol

Wow. WTF.
Now I know this benchmark is screwy and very picky about what hardware it works with.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 02:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
My proc speed is a bit lacking since budget, but I seriously think that it just doesn't utilize quadcore in the same effect at all as it does duo. There's been quite a few threads on testing it, but I forget. So I might be wrong.

MY hdd load speed was actually considerably faster than other much higher bench scores.

Only other thing I can think of that I KNOW might affect it is my video.

Could be the general RAM speed of your GPU. Having lots of video ram is nice, but depending on how much is consumed, speed can be a decisive factor, especially with GPUs going up to DDR5 now.

Also, should give OCing your CPU a shot, I'm sure you can go up to 3.0 at least and remain stable.

But my real question is whether I should completely replace my video card or take the gamble and hope XIV will support SLI/Crossfire.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 02:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
My proc speed is a bit lacking since budget, but I seriously think that it just doesn't utilize quadcore in the same effect at all as it does duo. There's been quite a few threads on testing it, but I forget. So I might be wrong.

MY hdd load speed was actually considerably faster than other much higher bench scores.

Only other thing I can think of that I KNOW might affect it is my video.

The cpu thing could very well be true. I know quite a few people who do have problems(noticable ones, not what the benchmark numbers say) that are running i7's, etc. It may not be set up to utilize certain multicore cpu's properly.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 02:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, that's true for almost any electronic piece of equipment. Once the newer bigger better toys come out, the ones a few steps below it that are still really good take a nosedive in price.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 03:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, these cheap little $400 computers that people buy nowadays are generally mocked by PC enthusiasts, but truth is, its the same crap they used only a year ago or so that they probably paid $1500+ for.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 03:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard some nasty rumors that XIV will only be 32-bit (please tell me this is BS) and will not support SLI/Crossfire (again, hope this is BS). But frankly none of us will know what kind of software core tweeks will be made until the final release.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 03:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
How ironic would that be? lol

Let's make it completely (almost unusably) graphically intense, THEN have to lower the settings so it runs at a constant fps we like on ps3!

:| Not amused.

Oh yeah, another weirdo told me it's 30 FPS cap, which I had the hardest time believing. Why even make it HD if you can't comply to the most simple of standards for an operational game running at a comfortable level?
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-20 03:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
I heard some nasty rumors that XIV will only be 32-bit (please tell me this is BS) and will not support SLI/Crossfire (again, hope this is BS). But frankly none of us will know what kind of software core tweeks will be made until the final release.

If its NOT 32-bit, I'll be shocked that SE would make such a stupid move. I'm all for 64-bit everything, don't get me wrong, but if they don't make it 32-bit, they just lost a large chunk of their profits right there. Too much to be lost by going 64-bit.

SLI/Crossfire I'm sure will be at some point. If not, then maybe they should've just made it 64-bit to hurt themselves even further than already will by not making it SLI/Crossfire compatible.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 03:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I can't even get 30 fps on beta right now.. lol haha

Well getting to 30 FPS is one thing by needing decent hardware to comfortable run the damn thing, but if they 'lock' it at that frame rate I will rage. That's just a slap in the face to any HD quality game.
First Page 2