What FFXIV Server Do You Want To / Are You On?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What FFXIV server do you want to / are you on?
What FFXIV server do you want to / are you on?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 09:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hai gaiz. Just curious who's gonna be on what server.

For those of you who don't know the servers, well, it's the same Server names as FFXI.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/ffxiv/ -- Perk 3

Basically if you wanna keep your name and server, have FFXI active as you activate FFXIV and bam your name is yours on your server.

Who's staying and who's starting off fresh with a new name and new server?

For me: I want to keep my name so Cerberus.Kalyna will be me on FFXIV
By semimmortal 2010-08-18 09:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno... I kinda dislike my last name to be my current server...
But I guess there are some who are proud of theirs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-08-18 09:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

first of all it will be, Kalyna.Cerberus 14 names are Name.Surname not the other way around
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-18 09:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-18 10:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably bares mentioning that currently the server names for XIV are not the same as XI. As of now all the server names are of villains in past FF games.

Currently the servers are Shadowlord, Emperor, Garland, Golbez, Exdeath, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Jecht, and Gabranth.

I personally won't be keeping my XI name. I just don't like the idea that my name will basically be a billboard for my XI character (which then could be looked up on this very site).

As for server. A bunch or RL friends who used to play XI and myself along with some people from XI, plan on all going onto the Exdeath server and reforming a LS we had in XI before most of them quit the game.

We decided to go with a server name that was somewhat obscure. To avoid the flood of fanboys that will probably jump into the Sephiroth and Kefka servers haha.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-18 10:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Server as part of name? {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.}

I want something original ;o

Edit: this
Quote:
To avoid the flood of fanboys that will probably jump into the Sephiroth and Kefka servers haha.

I bet you sephiroth is the first 'full' server. I personally would like Jecht.. But I'll go wherever my xi friends who are leaving wanna go tbh.. It'd be cool to have friends to start out with ^^
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-18 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Probably bares mentioning that currently the server names for XIV are not the same as XI. As of now all the server names are of villains in past FF games. Currently the servers are Shadowlord, Emperor, Garland, Golbez, Exdeath, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Jecht, and Gabranth. I personally won't be keeping my XI name. I just don't like the idea that my name will basically be a billboard for my XI character (which then could be looked up on this very site). As for server. A bunch or RL friends who used to play XI and myself along with some people from XI, plan on all going onto the Exdeath server and reforming a LS we had in XI before most of them quit the game. We decided to go with a server name that was somewhat obscure. To avoid the flood of fanboys that will probably jump into the Sephiroth and Kefka servers haha.

I was hoping my LS would pick Golbez because it was my favorite FF lol. I want to avoid the fanboy rush to Sephiroth and Kefka, too. I also figured Jecht and Gabranth would get a few fanboys just because they are the newer games and you have at least one whole generation who has never even touched the older ones.

BTW, he has the bad guys listed in order from FF 1-12 (skipping 9 and 11) if some of you didn't notice.

All of this thread is based on the assumption that SE will allow you to pick servers at the beginning, which I am not sure they will do. They didn't let you do it at the beginning of FF XI...you had to have a world pass.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 11:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:

Currently the servers are Shadowlord, Emperor, Garland, Golbez, Exdeath, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Jecht, and Gabranth.

Wait, I thought those were the Beta servers?

also: Sephiroth will have the 10 year old neo-ff7-fanboi idiots (it'll be the new Asura)
Kefka - Elitist server
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-08-18 11:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If they keep the names as they are... I will knock you all down.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Kefka
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

btw Golbez and Exdeath were beta servers in FFXI too
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Servers

and they're gone now obviously

my point: the beta serve yer on now won't be a real server and will probably shut down soon.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-18 12:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

my point: the beta serve yer on now won't be a real server and will probably shut down soon.
You may be right, but there's absolutely no reason to assume you are. The thing you are referring to in your OP is that you have the option of making your last NAME as your current server name, so I would be Blazza Odin. Whether this option makes it to retail or not I don't know, but there is already the option to choose which server you are on, which makes the option a tad redundant as a bonus.

In fact, considering FFXI service will still be running, it makes even less sense to have the same server names. If someone says they're on Odin server, you know they're talking about FFXI, if they say they're on Sephiroth, you know they're talking about FFXIV.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-08-18 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:

Wait, I thought those were the Beta servers?

also: Sephiroth will have the 10 year old neo-ff7-fanboi idiots (it'll be the new Asura)
Kefka - Elitist server

lol your probably right about spehiroth
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 13:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
You may be right, but there's absolutely no reason to assume you are. The thing you are referring to in your OP is that you have the option of making your last NAME as your current server name, so I would be Blazza Odin. Whether this option makes it to retail or not I don't know, but there is already the option to choose which server you are on, which makes the option a tad redundant as a bonus.

In fact, considering FFXI service will still be running, it makes even less sense to have the same server names. If someone says they're on Odin server, you know they're talking about FFXI, if they say they're on Sephiroth, you know they're talking about FFXIV.
I was thinking that too when I'm thinking about same as FFXI servers earlier and especially linking them to FFXIAH forums unless they make a separate website ffxivah

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-18 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know that FFXIAH isn't an official site right? lol
[+]
By Zekko 2010-08-18 13:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Kefka - Elitist server

Sounds good already!
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-18 19:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

That very well could be true. Which is why I said as of now (meaning beta servers) that's what the server names are. I probably should of been a little clearer with my wording.

I kinda hope they do keep the current server names and not just use the same ones as in FFXI. Mostly cause I don't want to have to reorganize with over a dozen people what server to start on haha. Also because of the name transfer all the sirnames being the same as the server names feels a bit redundant. Not to mention any confusion it may cause for websites that cover both XI and XIV.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not being Flionheart Shiva.

That name sucks balls. I hope they keep Kefka, but I doubt they will :/

I'd like to start on the same server as some people from AH this time if possible. I wonder what Server Ni people will start on :o
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-18 19:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius Siren.

Lulz.

Part of my own name is an anagram of my server's name.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-18 20:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering my old name(Renala really) is banned from the big ffxi hack, I'm not going to become 'Renalaa quetzalcoatl'. As for server, I'm not sure. I don't really care for any of the server names as of right now, so it'll likely be a random pick since no one I know wants to hop onto the ffxiv bandwagon.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-18 21:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz Ramuh/ Ramuh Thunderz. Ifrit Thunderz/ Thunderz Ifrit lord none are good

anyways FF14 has way too many bs bugs and is lacking in content for me to even think about it. "What are players going to do when they are tired of lvl;ing"

SE: Players can create some games within the game.

/mindfuck
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-18 21:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently on Garland though future server selection depends on where our current LS decides to start in XIV. As for name...I want my name to be devoid of any XI reference or ties, so its either Daisuke Kuwabara or Satoshi Iwahara for now.
(inb4lolJPnames)

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
anyways FF14 has way too many bs bugs and is lacking in content for me to even think about it.
Must....resist...beta rage...
 Bismarck.Yodaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Yodaa
By Bismarck.Yodaa 2010-08-18 22:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yodaa and not sure on a server yet would like to get together with some Bismarck people who are going to play FFXIV message me if so! :D and /wave FFXI people haven't played in months T.T!
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-23 15:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Currently on Garland though future server selection depends on where our current LS decides to start in XIV. As for name...I want my name to be devoid of any XI reference or ties, so its either Daisuke Kuwabara or Satoshi Iwahara for now.
(inb4lolJPnames)

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
anyways FF14 has way too many bs bugs and is lacking in content for me to even think about it.
Must....resist...beta rage...

Kuawabara? Just makes me think of yu Yu Hakusho.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-23 23:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if 14 server names are the same as 11 then ill be goin to asura. i like being with the tards, they fun to laugh at xP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-08-24 10:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'm going to bother with XIV. I almost never play XI anymore except to do an occasional nm fight with some rl friends. I just don't have the desire to put any serious amount of time into an mmo anymore...the ends don't justify the means, at least not to me.

I hope you guys have fun with it, though, and I hope it lives up to expectations.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-24 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol if I did that server-name thing, I'd be Nymphadora Unicorn. :P

Honestly I ended up being auto sorted onto my server back before we had the option of choosing the one we want, and I wouldn't change anything about it now. If I had friends going over, I'd want to be on whichever server they ended up at, but for now I'll probably just stick it out with xi.
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-08-24 10:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lalala ExDeath Forever bishes!!! :3 I'm freaking loving this community atm ^^