First Page 2
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-08-16 23:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Im a 80 BLM with 5/5 int and 8/8 elemental skil merits
what is better body to nuke in the new teal body, or the tried and true Genie Weskit ?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 23:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Teal on T4 and lower genie on the rest.

Work on augmenting a weskit
 Bahamut.Jobice
Server: Bahamut
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-16 23:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know its:

Morrigan's > Genie > Teal > ACP Body

Right now I have an Igqira Weskit with an INT+2 augment and a Teal body. I've tested both haven't seen much difference.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
Server: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-08-17 00:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I <3 my Genie the look of it makes it better then that ugly teal body
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 01:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im personally a teal body hater.I use Genie, and from what Ive seen, I always overnuked the teal body blms no matter what tier.they were doing 800ish when I was kicking in some 900 near 1k T3.T4 was like a 200 dmg difference aprox and am2 was some 400 dmg difference.I have 5/5 ice and thunder potency and only had 2/5 on burst and freeze 2 at that time.Now im 5/5 in burst/freeze and havent tried.

EDIT:but yeah I havent swap both body and tried myself.Maybe these ppl was BADLY merited, but that would make it like 30 blm on cerb that are gimp <.<
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-17 01:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

I really wouldn't even bother wasting money and time on augmenting since we'll probably have something better next update which is going to be within about a month.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-17 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I really wouldn't even bother wasting money and time on augmenting since we'll probably have something better next update which is going to be within about a month.
It's not really that much of a waste. Half the time they npc for almost as much as they sell for and it takes all of about 10 min to OP to cape terrible run over and kill the NM.

Plus you know the new gear is going to be some synth item that requires drops off of T5 NMs in the new zones or something stupid like that
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 06:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I found trough my random SS

maybe those nuke look stupid next to a morri blm but I like mine ; ;
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-08-17 06:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at my nukes with perfect thunder potency merits vs random newb who probably uses nq staves and has no merits.

I wonder who nukes harder?

Let me clarify.

How can you take your comparison seriously when you aren't listing the other player's merits and gear...?

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE.

RANDOM PERSON'S MERIT PAGE

Take a look at this person's BLM tier 1 merits. Do you see 5/5 Thunder Potency? Not everyone merits like you think they would. Do I agree with this person's merits? No, but it sure didn't stop them from distributing it the way they did.

Unless the other person was the same race/level and merited the same and wearing the exact same thing you were wearing EXCEPT FOR BODY then no one will take your comparison seriously and you're just wasting everyone's time.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-17 06:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Only issue is no way to know for sure what merits or other gear that other person was wearing aside from the teal body. Witch Sash alone in the waist slot is gonna make a fairly big difference over another piece in the same slot in terms of dmg.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-17 06:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Look at my nukes with perfect thunder potency merits vs random newb who probably uses nq staves and has no merits.

Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-17 06:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

elemental skill and am2 merits don't affect damage; exception is am2 if you're magic bursting.

things like hq vs. nq staves and potency merits make a pretty big difference. so do, you know, every other piece that isn't teal saio. who's to say you weren't comparing to someone 5 levels lower and naked aside from teal body?

it's a lot to expect every other blm on the server to have full potency merits, let alone the same gear as you barring the body piece. i know i didn't ding 75 blm and have full potency merits, and i didn't have to worry about getting 5 extra levels then.

is genie weskit better than teal for higher tier nukes (which we're going to get more of)? probably. but teal saio is an acceptable sidegrade, and is dirt cheap. strictly for damage, it's worse than morri robe only by 2 int and 1 mab.

also, on our server people are selling nq weskits for less than npc price.... so you actually get paid to augment them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 06:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Only issue is no way to know for sure what merits or other gear that other person was wearing aside from the teal body. Witch Sash alone in the waist slot is gonna make a fairly big difference over another piece in the same slot in terms of dmg.

as I said :
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Im personally a teal body hater.I use Genie, and from what Ive seen, I always overnuked the teal body blms no matter what tier.they were doing 800ish when I was kicking in some 900 near 1k T3.T4 was like a 200 dmg difference aprox and am2 was some 400 dmg difference.I have 5/5 ice and thunder potency and only had 2/5 on burst and freeze 2 at that time.Now im 5/5 in burst/freeze and havent tried.

EDIT:but yeah I havent swap both body and tried myself.Maybe these ppl was BADLY merited, but that would make it like 30 blm on cerb that are gimp <.<

so yeah I know.But its like 30 blms I saw with such low nukes.Maybe abyssea get all the bad blm come out their closet, I dunno.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 06:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:

Let me clarify.

How can you take your comparison seriously when you aren't listing the other player's merits and gear...?

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE.

Take a look at this person's BLM tier 1 merits. Do you see 5/5 Thunder Potency? Not everyone merits like you think they would. Do I agree with this person's merits? No, but it sure didn't stop them from distributing it the way they did.

Unless the other person was the same race/level and merited the same and wearing the exact same thing you were wearing EXCEPT FOR BODY then no one will take your comparison seriously and you're just wasting everyone's time.

and lol god, thats a pretty bad way to merit blm, poor person you point tho ; ;
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 06:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can take out name/merit of those ppl out, but I kinda prefer avoiding drama
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-17 06:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you have tons of cruor. Why don't you just go buy a teal body and throw some nukes around? Either way I promise you the difference between teal and genie will be very minimal. Imho I think most ppl who use genie are just upset because their 1 mil body piece isn't worth much anymore.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 07:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
I'm sure you have tons of cruor. Why don't you just go buy a teal body and throw some nukes around? Either way I promise you the difference between teal and genie will be very minimal. Imho I think most ppl who use genie are just upset because their 1 mil body piece isn't worth much anymore.

I would lol, but havent gotten the chance to be blm for a while lol.

Im not mad.Yes I actually spent 3 mil for it.But we all know it will get replaced someday.Its now 800k ish.Just pointing the fact that if you got some money, dont be a noob and buy genie.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-17 07:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
trough

Do you really not know how to spell "Through"? You just misspelled it twice.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-17 07:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:

Let me clarify.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE.

and lol god, thats a pretty bad way to merit blm, poor person you point tho ; ;

Depends on why the person leveled BLM. Maybe its a mess around job and they just want all mobs weaknesses covered. Some people don't go 5/5 thunder 5/5 ice cause they would rather not be job locked on BLM for endgame events.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 07:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
trough

both are possible.
1. Its 8am
2.I speak french
3. thx to care so much about my typo its appreciated.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-17 07:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
trough

both are possible.
1. Its 8am
2.I speak french
Either way, I was just kidding. I consider you kind of a friend and didn't think you would take that personally.

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread, except for this, which will probably get me rated down and/or spark an obligatory flame war (Spoiler tags to possibly deflect the rage):

Edit:
I said:
I consider you kind of a friend
Even though you DELETED YOUR COMMENT FROM MY PAGE D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 07:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
trough

both are possible.
1. Its 8am
2.I speak french
Either way, I was just kidding. I consider you kind of a friend and didn't think you would take that personally.

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread, except for this, which will probably get me rated down and/or spark an obligatory flame war (Spoiler tags to possibly deflect the rage):

Edit:
I said:
I consider you kind of a friend
Even though you DELETED YOUR COMMENT FROM MY PAGE D:

I did? D:
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-17 07:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

On your Siren character, yes.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-17 07:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
On your Siren character, yes.
that is possible.I took off some comment, but I dont know why I took yours off tho.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-17 08:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
From what I found trough my random SS maybe those nuke look stupid next to a morri blm but I like mine ; ;
as I said :
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Im personally a teal body hater.I use Genie, and from what Ive seen, I always overnuked the teal body blms no matter what tier.they were doing 800ish when I was kicking in some 900 near 1k T3.T4 was like a 200 dmg difference aprox and am2 was some 400 dmg difference.I have 5/5 ice and thunder potency and only had 2/5 on burst and freeze 2 at that time.Now im 5/5 in burst/freeze and havent tried. EDIT:but yeah I havent swap both body and tried myself.Maybe these ppl was BADLY merited, but that would make it like 30 blm on cerb that are gimp <.<
so yeah I know.But its like 30 blms I saw with such low nukes.Maybe abyssea get all the bad blm come out their closet, I dunno.

If you want we can get together and do puddings or just go randomly nuke something We have pretty close to the same setup bar a sorc ring and Novio. I use both Genie and Teal,(Genie for Tier V and higher, Teal for Tier IV and lower) But if you want to see the comparasion side by side, I have the merits and gear to be pretty close. you can check my items sets to see what I have if you like.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-17 17:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the point of taking a bunch of ss's under uncontrolled situations to estimate what is better when you can just calculate it out for each spell type you want and KNOW what is best in any situation?

-> Magic damage calculator
-> Enter your info for each situation
-> Know what is best

There is rarely a best set up for everything across the board as higher base damage spells take advantage of MAB better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-17 18:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
What is the point of taking a bunch of ss's under uncontrolled situations to estimate what is better when you can just calculate it out for each spell type you want and KNOW what is best in any situation? -> Magic damage calculator -> Enter your info for each situation -> Know what is best There is rarely a best set up for everything across the board as higher base damage spells take advantage of MAB better.

This

I have my current setup (Teal for Tier IV and under, Genie for higher) because FFXI magic calculator showed teal to do about 30-40 more damage per nuke on Tier IVs over Genie.

[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-17 21:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can give exact damage ammounts with same gear tommorow if you want figures its already been said and just to make it clear teal >> genie on tier4 and under, genie for anything higher am2/tier5. Since I bought Teal body actually Ive viewed G weskit as just a more expensive hecate cape which I managed to get 250k. Obviously Morri body beats both but without morrigan body these 2 in combination will provide max obtainable dmg on a body piece for all nukes.

Working on my 5th magian staff on blm ill run some tests tomorrow then to show the ~50dmg difference there will be from using either teal saio or genie weskit.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-18 20:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enemy : Oil slick
Day/weather : Earthday/waterweather
No food, No burn, Hume 5/5 int merits, 80blm/rdm 79 base int

Gear: Only things that get changed are main / back / body but comparing the same nukes only body changes.

1782 Water 5 with G weskit
1781 water 5 with Teal saio Tested 3 x for both

(Neptunes/bugard+1/phantomtathlum/moldy/novio/uggy/maats/body/morrihands/omniring/sorcring/yigitfeet/af2pants/suirin/ixixion)

1737 stone 5 with G weskit
1740 stone 5 with Teal saio Tested 3x for both

(Same gear except Terra's staff and dorin obi)

1477 blizzard 4 with G weskit
1482 blizzard 4 with teal saio Tested 3x for both

(Same gear except Varuna's staff/tealslops/af2belt)

1904 Burst 2 G weskit
1900 Burst 2 Teal Saio

(philomath stole no uggy, hecate cape, Indra staff)

990 Thunder 3 with G weskit
993 Thunder 3 with Teal saio

191 Fire 1 G weskit
194 Fire 1 Teal Saio

(Agnistaff/bugard+1/phantomtathlum/moldy/novio/philomath/maats/body/morrihands/omniring/sorcring/yigitfeet/tealslops/af2belt/ixion)

Obviously this is just one ep enemy trend seems to follow to most mobs upto and including inc tough on the whole and would also follow same trend if I applied burn or had used food. I also remember testing Hecate cape on inc tough lamia with and without food vs ixion cape both tests are rather similar one is 5 int vs 3 mab the other is 6 int vs 3 mab. I knew then that 5 int was beating 3 mab on tier 4 and under so I gathered 6 int was gonna beat 3 mab for body for tier 4 and under.

I remember my ebony pudding dmg at 75 which was same for years 2420 freeze2 ice day in my best gear 150int burn, when hecate came out was 2427. For tier 4 and under ixion was winning by around 1-6 dmg. For aga3 Hecate was winning by upto 13 dmg.

Forgot about comparing aga spells with saio and weskit :

1751 blizzaga3 with g weskit no uggy
1744 blizzaga3 with teal saio

and finally flood2 watersday with rainweather :

2071 with g weskit
2062 with saio.

Tl';dr : teal vs genie? teal wins 1-6 dmg tier 1-4 , current available tier 5 seem very equal dmg in both and genie wins by 6-10 dmg for aga3 and am2.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-18 21:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was curious what is REALLY the deal with this. So heres my numbers
(ill put my reg gear @ the bottom)
All of these nukes were on Firesday

Thunder IV (Reg gear w/ Sorc latent)
Genie: 1460
Igqira: 1451
Teal: 1456
Thunder IV (naked, just body)
Genie: 1015
Igqira: 1008
Teal: 1012
(full gear, Sorc ring active)
Burst II:
Genie: 1790
Igqira: 1779
Teal: 1781
Burst II (naked, just body)
Genie: 1264
Igqira: 1255
Teal: 1255
(i checked Igqira and Teal twice since i was surprised they were nuking exactly the same....)

So i looks like Genie is still better, but teal seems to beat Igqira in almost everything. KEEP IN MIND this was not taking into account resistant mobs!!! I was nuking on bees outside Bastok.

My Reg gear:(unless stated otherwise)
input /equip main "Jupiters's Staff";
input /equip sub "Bugard leather strap +1";
input /equip ammo "Phantom Tathlum";
input /equip head "Sorcerer's petasos";
input /equip neck "Aesir Pendant";
input /equip body "Genie Weskit";
input /equip hands "Vicious mufflers";
input /equip back "Gleeman's Cape";
input /equip waist "Sorcerer's Belt";
input /equip legs "Teal Slops";
input /equip feet "Goliard Clogs";